Script problem, how to load?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:34 AM

I'm having problems.... Ok, so I am new to this, and have no idea what I am doing. I've tried loading the following script in my quest, but I'm not even sure how to load any for that matter... [ZScript - F] Locked Dungeon I've tried, but no luck. How do I do it? What do I look for? How do I know it's loaded how/where it needs to be? Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.

#2 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:50 AM

Well, you have to put it in blocknote, save it as .z .

If you already have other scripts in your quest, copy it in the .z file with the other scripts.

If it is your first script in your quest, don't forget to include
CODE
import "std.zh"

at the very first line of the file...

or just see that tutorial about setting up your Zscripts:

http://www.purezc.co...mp;#entry538398

Edited by lucas92, 02 December 2008 - 09:50 AM.

#3 Elmensajero

Elmensajero

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:53 AM

Try looking at Plissken's loading scripts tutorial for how to load and compile scripts into your quest. Afterwards, when you are setting up the actual ffc, you just follow the directions at the top of the script. The first argument would be the id number of the combo you are using for the lockblock. The second argument is the id number of the key you want to use for this lock. The third is the string id that will play if the player does not have the key required. You would then attach the lockblock script to the ffc and place it anywhere on the screen (for this script, some others require you to put an ffc in a specific location.) Hopefully this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

Oops elmensajero beat me to it =p yea,that would be how it would set up.

Edited by drzchulo973, 02 December 2008 - 10:07 AM.

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

Cool, thanks guys, I have it loaded now. But now all I have to do is figure out how to configure it, and use it. OMG! @_@

#6 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 11:52 AM

Scripts usually have a bunch of lines at the top that start with // or \\, forget which. Point is, double slashes. They're comment lines that will more than likely be instructions.

#7 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:46 PM

In this case, it looks like you need to use a lock block combo for the door and set up an invisble FFC that runs the script. Set D0 to the combo ID of the door, D1 to the key item's ID, and D2 to the number of the "you need some item to open this" string.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users