Photo

Screenshot of the Week 161

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 161 (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Contestants

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#46 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

QUOTE(Sir Pimpalot @ May 8 2007, 02:57 PM) View Post

Seriously, what is so uninteresting and boring about Rev's? There's nothing really going on in any of the three shots. icon_blink.gif

Yeah, there's nothing boring about it. I didn't vote for the other two because the shots look so... cluttered. There's too much stuff packed into one shot and there's no flow. My eyes move from one object to another, not from one side to the other. Some stuff actually looks like it's just been thrown in. Like DarkFlameWolf's shot could go without the bird on the roof or a few less trees, and Nuvo's shot could lose the blue flower towards the center or make the rocks leading out of the cave into a path instead. While RevFan doesn't have much in his, that's the reason I like it. But I still think it could go without the statue...

Edited by GoldenChocobo, 08 May 2007 - 05:18 PM.

#47 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:53 PM

voted null, nothing particularly wrong with these shots, I just felt like these were the standard shots I've seen many times before

#48 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ May 8 2007, 02:57 PM) View Post

I went with Revfan's, due to the fact it reminds me of a cross between Zelda, Megaman and one of those old NES games, and this screenshot is its spawn.

MegaMan? Where do you see that in his shot?

#49 Moldorm

Moldorm

Magus

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:17 AM

DFW: You are a god. This gets my vote.
Nuvo: Nice. Everything flows nicely. :3
revfan9: Did you make those tiles? icon_drool.gif

#50 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:50 AM

I voted for DFW. I found she uses the pure set very well to create a screen that flows well.
I really don't have much time to comment on the other shots, though.

#51 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

DFW - The next Mr. Z baby!!! People who thinks Pure sucks, it's called "Do great with what you have." (My vote)

Nuvo - Nice DOR shot very close to my vote

Rev9 - Too Much detail makes a player comfised about the environment in a quest. Only core players can understand that screen and how is Uxie part of Zelda?

#52 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE(Johan @ May 8 2007, 09:03 AM) View Post

Fool! NoeL wins because he is the best. Enough said. icon_sigh.gif

Dfw is number one.
Nuvo is number two.
Revolutionfan is 3rd. That's a very boring shot. icon_frown.gif

You said it Johan! *throws a bone* That's a good Johan... good boy...

Revfan, I still have faith in you, but I don't think that great design OR great graphics are enough alone... unless you're Linkus. You're shot is good, just a little uninteresting and that damn ugly statue ruins it.

If you put together a good shot with good graphics... actually, change those "good"s to "great"s, you have a good chance of winning... unless one of the big guns enters and creams you... but none of the big guns enter consecutively! So if you make a good shot, you could wait a few weeks and submit it the week after Gashin or Linkus enters icon_razz.gif

#53 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(Relic @ May 10 2007, 04:27 PM) View Post

MegaMan? Where do you see that in his shot?

The boss. It looks like something from a megaman game. I think. At least that's what I wrote at the time...

#54 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

I really have to vote for Revfan here. To me, the shot is perfect.

QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ May 11 2007, 03:57 AM) View Post

The boss. It looks like something from a megaman game. I think. At least that's what I wrote at the time...

If anything, it reminds me of Uxie because that's what it is. I'll let you figure out who Uxie is.

#55 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 11 May 2007 - 10:43 PM

I'll let you figure out who Uxie is.

Looks like a Pokemon to me. I haven't been keeping up with the new generation though.

#56 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE(Deathbringer @ May 12 2007, 12:34 PM) View Post

I'll let you figure out who Uxie is.

I googled it. It's apparently a pokemon of some sort.

#57 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:58 PM

So, it looks like DFW wins this round!

Zero entries for SotW 162 so far...

#58 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Trimaster001 @ May 10 2007, 05:39 PM) View Post

Rev9 - Too Much detail makes a player comfised about the environment in a quest. Only core players can understand that screen and how is Uxie part of Zelda?

Okay. Are you blind? Lesse here, there's a bunch of water ahead of you, and all of the greens have been switched to being browns and reds. The browns and reds immediately tell you that the season is autumn, and going through the rest of the environment
can inform the player that they are very close to a lake. And the minimap title "Lake Serenity" should be a clue as well. The subscreen isn't there, but you get my point. How many shots can you take out of other quests, get rid of the minimap title, and you can tell exactly where the player is? Very, very few. Also, Uxie is found on a lakefront, so I thought it worked nicely. Aside, what did you expect me to use? The lame LttP great fairy sprite that everybody and their unborn children have used in every quest in the database?

NoeL:

Well, if "great design" isn't enough to win SotW, then how does DFW win every time with terrible Pure usage?

#59 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

Ok you got me. The blue water one looks more better. Could you show some action. Currently, your screenshots are more of a work of art than a game.

#60 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:41 PM

apparently I'm doing something right Revvy. O_o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users