Zelda maker on psp...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

Zelda maker on psp..... Would it work? I'm wondering this because I'm getting a psp and wondering if its possible to get it to work on it. Would be cool if it did!

#2 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

lol AGN would eat you alive for this question icon_razz.gif

as the devs would say:

"if you want it on PSP, then you would have to make the port of it, and you would have to configure it yourself, unless you can find some developers willing to work with you for little to no pay to make it."

i highly doubt seeing it on anything but PC. sorry icon_razz.gif

#3 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 03:14 PM

It's been asked, and it's been shot down. ZQuest and Zelda Classic both can't be ported to any device besides the computer in their current state.

#4 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

Not again. It will never be ported. STOP ASKING, people! This question has been asked so many times it's sad.

And another thing: PSP sucks. icon_razz.gif icon_deformed.gif

#5 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

seriously.

and wouldn't it be easier to use on a computer, too? i mean what would make it special on a psp, other than excrutiatingly difficult typing, and no keyboard shortcuts?

#6 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(Beefster @ Jul 8 2008, 05:01 PM) View Post

Not again. It will never be ported. STOP ASKING, people! This question has been asked so many times it's sad.

And another thing: PSP sucks. icon_razz.gif icon_deformed.gif

Ahem... I can see no reason at all for you to say that.
Sure, I can agree that it DOESEN'T have as many good games as the DS has, but heck, that doesen't make the PSP itself suck.
The PSP is a wonderful piece of machinery, with an amazingly large variety of homebrew games.
It's also a good music player, and it DOES have a good screen for UMD videos. Though, they're not so easy to find anymore around here...
With a little tweaking, you can customize it to your hearts content too.
On the game side, it's got TWO Grand theft Auto games... and GOOD ones too, so it's pretty much covered icon_biggrin.gif

On the DS side, however, you have many good games.
But you don't have as much homebrews, or options to customize as much as the PSP is able too.
All in all, I like both of em equally... I use them for totally different things too...
Now, if you had said that the PS3 sucked, it would be different. Cause it does... but only because of the price... and I would have gotten one, if it wasn't for the fact that all the games I'd want to have on it, exists on the 360 too... so... yeah...

But now, I'm going off-topic.

I personally think a PSP port of the player would be awesome.
Think about it... being able to play, or even beta test, your own quest, while on the bus, in a plane, or even while you're digging for gold! (wtf?!)

But, as it stands right now, I don't think it'll ever happen...
BUT... you know... if people keep bugging them about it... maybe some day, they MIGHT just do it...
But then again, posting a topic here at pure doesen't help much, since most of the developers aren't sticking around here...
And if you where to post such a topic at AGN, you'd get hate posts in your face xD.
(Which I think is lame, cause it would beawesome if we got this)

-Migo out-

#7 Xgadd

Xgadd

Recipient of Ways

• Banned

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:04 PM

It would need to be re-written from scratch. Aside from that PSP and similar devices have extremely low specs compared to a personal computer. It would have to be severely stripped-down to run good on a device with a 333MHz processor and 32MB RAM.

Edited by Xgadd, 08 July 2008 - 07:04 PM.

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

Y'know what'd also be cool?

Metroid prime for the PSP.

Or Game Maker for the DS.

Or Twilight Princess on the NES.

Or Super Smash Bros for the iPhone.

Or Zelda Classic on your metrocard.

Or Zelda Classic on the PSP.

Or the internet on an the abacus.

Good god...

#9 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 8 2008, 03:14 PM) View Post

It's been asked, and it's been shot down. ZQuest and Zelda Classic both can't be ported to any device besides the computer in their current state.

This.

Think about it a bit. Zelda Classic may be fan made, but it still uses Nintendo-copyrighted characters, places, etc. A port on a non-Nintendo system couldn't happen without their say. icon_shrug.gif But personally, I think seeing it on the DS would be pretty cool. icon_smile.gif

Edited by zmaster, 08 July 2008 - 07:38 PM.

#10 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Jul 8 2008, 06:38 PM) View Post

This.

Think about it a bit. Zelda Classic may be fan made, but it still uses Nintendo-copyrighted characters, places, etc. A port on a non-Nintendo system couldn't happen without their say. icon_shrug.gif But personally, I think seeing it on the DS would be pretty cool. icon_smile.gif

Uhm... it allready IS on a non-nintendo system -.-

#11 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 05:50 AM

Zelda Player on NORMAL(No-symbian ****) Mobiles XD.
(I have ZELDA 1 and Zelda Link's awakening and the oracles thingy on my mobile)

#12 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

Well... you can always put it on your PS3 if you get one. icon_razz.gif As it supports Linux, just get the Linux builds for and there you go ZC on your TV. icon_razz.gif

#13 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

Or you could just plug in your computer to the tv...

#14 Xgadd

Xgadd

Recipient of Ways

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE(zmaster @ Jul 8 2008, 08:38 PM) View Post

This.

I don't see why there would be a legal difference between a personal computer and a mobile gaming system.

A DS port as opposed to a PSP port would be horribly shambled anyways, I can assume.

#15 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:49 AM

You know what would be cool, easy to make, and user friendly?

ZC on a computer! Think about it, it has a keyboard, mouse, internet to download stuff, a big enough screen, and can totally be made by the devs!

Seriously, ZC is best on computer. Stop asking to put it on a handheld. It would be hard to make, hard to use, and just couldn't work as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users