Photo

What Tileset are you using?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Tileset?

?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:48 PM

So which tileset are you using? If you're making multiple quests, then pick your most important/current one. If they are all as important, pick the one that means the most to you.

I use Pure.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:50 PM

Well, I'm making many quests, that use many of those tilesets. Although my main one right now (KttH) uses the new DoR, I voted old DoR, since it's my favorite.

#3 Ricky of Kokiri

Ricky of Kokiri

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:55 PM

You're missing a "Custom" option.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know which tileset to use. I don't want to use Pure because it's overused, and I don't want to use DoR because it's difficult to do correctly, and it's being overused... and I don't particularly like Classic, NewFirst, or BS...

At this point, I'm seriously contemplating making my own Minish Cap tileset (somehow), but I don't know where to start... (I don't know of a good ripping program for GBA roms...)

In the meantime, I'm also contemplating creating a "Pure Database" tileset, where I take as many of the loose tiles as I can and put them together into something coherent, but I think there are too many style clashes for that... and, frankly, that's what the Pure and DoR tilesets primarily are, anyway. So, I don't know. icon_shrug.gif

EDIT: Though, now that I think about it, maybe I could try using the LttP tileset and improve upon it. Hmm.

Edited by Ricky of Kokiri, 06 June 2008 - 09:56 PM.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

When I was working on Liberation of Skanteron (On my one computer that doesn't work at the moment) I originally used Noel's 3Dish New Age tiles (The ones from the Loose Tiles database), but there wasn't much tiles in that set at all, so I switched to Pure tiles, I didn't even restart the qst file itself I just replaced the tiles that wouldn't fit into the Pure palletes that I switched to, and I used Pure tiles from several tilesets, I even ripped some DOR, BS, SD3, and even some of MDWR tiles.

So my selection would be custom, but still, I voted for Pure, cause it uses mostly Pure stuff.

Edited by HeavyTitanium, 06 June 2008 - 10:06 PM.

#5 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:07 PM

SHOOT! I forgot to say custom and other. And Russ, don't vote for your favorite, its which one you are using.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Jun 6 2008, 08:07 PM) View Post

SHOOT! I forgot to say custom and other. And Russ, don't vote for your favorite, its which one you are using.

LttP DX uses old DoR. icon_razz.gif

#7 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

"Gannon's Secret and the Void of Eternity" (one Quest) use PTUX, the quest I work on when I get bored of "Gannon's Secret" is in PTUX, and I am helping my younger sister make a quest (also in PTUX). Zelda Arcade (a "group project") uses classic.

So yeah... I voted PTUX.

#8 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:39 PM

PTUX all the way. I'm a die hard GB and aLttP graphics fan and PTUX is basically a bunch of recolored and enhanced graphics from there, with added stuff of course. So of course I'd be using it in my stuff, my whole one quest that's being made. icon_razz.gif

#9 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

One in classic, one in GB.

Voted GB, since it's a bigger project. I like GB a lot. It's simple enough to not take 50 hours per screen, but complex enough to look good. Great middleground.

#10 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

Pure Tileset - Keeping it Pure icon_wink.gif

#11 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:50 PM

Well I would've voted custom but that isn't an option. But since it's a NewFirst Edit I guess I'll vote that.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 June 2008 - 10:55 PM

Using pretty much anything that's anything, but using Classic at this exact moment.

#13 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:06 PM

Well, I'm using a custom tileset, but it most closely resembles GB, or Pure, with an SD3 twist, so I'll say Pure.

As for BS, I also use that a bit, it's a great tileset, and I'm sad that I don't see more people use it.

IPB Image IPB Image

It's a good tileset...

And a thing to say about the "new DoR is overused," I find it funny how 90% of the people using it, go that same idea, and abandoned it, so... I'd hardly call it overused, there are like, 2 people using it, besides Radien.

#14 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:43 PM

Mystic Land isn't up there. For shame.

Right now, I've become dedicated to starting out with it and just expanding from there. This involves a great deal of ripping, the majority from SD3, DoR, FFA, and/or various graphic from all over the place.

I can't use any of these new tilesets, mainly because they are so ****ing huge. I mean, I don't need a tile for every situation. Moving 50 pages down just to get to the mountains seems to much a waste for me. Simple, and small makes for happy Lemon.

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:32 AM

DoR for me. I don't think having new and old DoR in the poll options was really necessary though...

QUOTE(Lemon @ Jun 7 2008, 05:43 AM) View Post
This involves a great deal of ripping, the majority from SD3, DoR, FFA, and/or various graphic from all over the place.

Yay =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users