Sh*t, just lovely

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

They made it so that the "zelda room" thing no longer lets to have a guy talking on the overworld.
I had this dude outside camping and there were logs where the fires were.

Ok so now what am I going to do?

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

Sounds like you need a workaround. Why not just place Fire enemies via enemy flags there instead of using those Zelda Room flags?

Besides, you could make that one room a Cave Dmap. I take it you're using the latest build now?

#3 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:32 PM

If this is on a 2.5 alpha, there is a rule checked under dmap that says "guys and special rooms are in caves only". Uncheck that, and you should be fine.

#4 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

You think that's bad? In another recent beta, they made it so that the Trigger enemy doesn't die upon you moving to the screen.

Oh, and there should be a rule saying Guys in caves and special rooms only. Make sure it's off.

#5 Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt

Wizard

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(fuzzyman @ May 25 2008, 12:01 AM) View Post

You think that's bad? In another recent beta, they made it so that the Trigger enemy doesn't die upon you moving to the screen.

That never happened, did it? To activate a boss trigger just by simply walking onto a screen, you're not supposed to place any enemies on the screen.

#6 Lemmy Koopa

Lemmy Koopa

We are the champions

• Members

Posted 15 June 2008 - 08:26 AM

bs it doesn't work. That's just like making it so all the guys are on the map. The Zelda room flag was a flag that made guys appear anywhere, even on an overworld map, and there was no stupidass invisible wall above the half of the screen.

The "lay fires and lay a enemy to represent a guy" sounds most convenient but how the hell do I make it display the string?

#7 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

I never heard that about the Zelda Room. The best guess I have is that you were making use of an unintended side effect. icon_shrug.gif The "Zelda" flag replaced "Zelda Room" long ago as a method for ending the game.

Incidentally, didn't "Zelda Room" cause the game to end (i.e. ending credits) at one point in ZC's development history?

#8 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jul 6 2008, 06:31 PM) View Post
Incidentally, didn't "Zelda Room" cause the game to end (i.e. ending credits) at one point in ZC's development history?

I believe all it ever did was create those flames on the screen you have to hit with your sword. I checked the example.qst file included in ZC 1.00, and this seems to be the case.

#9 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

The Zelda room displays the 4 fire enemies and a string, but has never ended the game. That's what flag 15 does.

As far as your issue Hot Water Music Man, does the guy type <none> do anything for you?
But he's right about that rule. That will make everyone in an item cave on that map display on the overworld and still have that annoying invisible wall. I had thought they took that out or at least created a rule that turned it off.

Only other way around that rule would be a direct warp to another dmap with and without that rule.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users