Photo

A New Start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: ZC Work Ethic

How long do you make it befour you get bored?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Manifesto Empire

Manifesto Empire

Senior

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

Lets use ZC 2.10....

Most of the time I find myself always coming up with good ZC ideas, but most of them don't exist and you have to start from scratch, that means from the classic tileset.
How long does it usually take you to:
- Edit the rules
- Edit, rip, create all misc, weapon, enemy and link tiles
- Edit sub screen options
- Rip, edit, create tiles then...
- Make all the tiles combos and what not
- configure, rip, create pallates
- create LV. pallates
- Configure what's left

By the time I make it to stage 4 Usually I get bored or tired and give up because i just thought of another idea..
But...I did it once, it took me about 2 weeks, how long for you.?
Remember this is for 2.10 or lower, i find the newer betas too confusing and complex.
It's Unfortunate that my mind works hard, then gets bored half way through progress..

Tell me your opinions and stories.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:00 PM

Nowadays I don't have a problem.

You know, long ago whenever I started a quest, I started with searching sprites for items and other configuring, ripping. When I cancelled the project, everything went toast.
Nowadays I don't waste time in this way. I assign tiles to items only right before (or rather right after) placing them. It also allows me to flexibly come up ideas and also provides more room for evolving and then ideas. This is a good trick to make myself keep interested.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

Kind of funny you should mention this. I doing this right now. I've just started, and have one palette and about 10 tiles ripped in.

#4 Manifesto Empire

Manifesto Empire

Senior

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:09 PM

I allways get pallates done then link tiles and some new enemy tiles done....then after the complex items and misc tiles i just drop it and save it and never return...
Long time ago i was working on a newfirst upgrade for 2.10, I only have tiles to rip recolor and draw...but i never finished, aswell as my zero tileset, except i have to do alot of pallate configuring...and relearning zc is a pain in the ass.... >_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users