what do you want from me?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:05 AM

then Classic it is. Now I don't want to use STRAIGHT classic however, I would like a update classic style tileset. But where is a good one any of you can recommend? (althought that EZGBZ tileset from Akkabus does look appealing to me as well)
As for Peteo:
If you're willing to help out on custom bosses, I'll let you have all of them and have free reign too! But that's ALL I'm allowing you to handle for the quest. icon_razz.gif That way we know specifically what jobs each of us has: you have custom bosses, I have everything else unless otherwise specified or asked for. icon_razz.gif But yes, it would be a pleasure again to work with you Peteo, but I'm going to make your part in the quest more specific and defined this time to prevent arguements. Agreed? icon_smile.gif

Edited by DarkFlameWolf, 04 April 2008 - 12:12 PM.

#32 Dorian

Dorian

Adept

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:37 AM

I arrive a bit late on the conversation

then Classic it is. Now I don't want to use STRAIGHT classic however, I would like a update classic style tileset. But where is a good one any of you can recommend?

yay, I love classic tileset icon_biggrin.gif that's definitely a good idea
as long as you don't use the zero tileset (or whatever its name is)

Plus, since Classic takes up fewer time, custom bosses surely require fewer time this way...

not sure if this is really true
mechanics are the same

#33 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

now I'm in debate, that EZGBZ tileset is calling to me. Its gameboy graphics, looks simplistic enough, and would lend itself better to what I want than classic would. But lots of people are asking for a epic classic quest. So I'm torn, what now? icon_razz.gif

#34 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:54 PM

You could use my tileset. icon_razz.gif
IPB Image
IPB Image

It also has tons of tiles from EZGBZ and other places. I just have to add in NPC tiles and it could be finished in a few minutes.

#35 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

what's the differences?

#36 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

icon_frown.gif
Damn.. Not to be rude or anything... But to me, classic is a tileset you make your first quest in... With great power, comes great graphics... If you CAN make good screen with anything else than classic, then don't hesitate to use somthing else... Please take my advice into opinion...
Classic turns me down these days.. Call me a graphicswhore.. You'd not be lying icon_razz.gif

#37 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:03 PM

Hmmm...EZGBZ. I like the organization of the set, and I can make graphics pronto.

In fact, put me as a reference for any needed custom graphics, particularly custom overworld and dungeon sets, and any NPCs. icon_wink.gif

#38 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

EZGBZ is a good choice... I like it.

But you better use Sword/Wand Flip fix, woman icon_blah.gif

#39 Eurysilas

Eurysilas

Paladin

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

I would like a quest done in Gameboy graphics as well. They're as simplistic as the classic tileset (as you've already pointed out), aren't used by everybody and his dog for quest making, and also have the added bonus of not hurting my eyes.

#40 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

okay and Linkus, you better be ready, because I may be taking you up on that offer! So... icon_wink.gif EZGBZ it is!

#41 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 4 2008, 10:29 AM) View Post

what's the differences?

New palette structure, I edited tons of tiles and made a bunch of custom palettes.

#42 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:30 PM

if its EZGBZ or better, I'll take it. icon_razz.gif

#43 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

I thought your last quest was going to be your final quest? Oh, right, you always say that. =P

Although your mind seems to be somewhat set, I'd like to throw out a somewhat radical idea. What if you were to flip the roles of overworld and dungeon? Hear me out...

You begin the game in a massive underground dungeon. This dungeon is the "hub" to several overworld areas. This dungeon plays similarly to most dungeons - you fight enemies, solve puzzles with items, find keys, and fight bosses - but acts functionally like an overworld. It has several sections that play out differently, much like an overworld - you could have a fiery-lava sector, an ice sector, etc. Occassionally, you fight boss battles. These bosses guard overworld entrances. Once you defeat a boss, you gain access to a small, contained overworld above ground. These overworld sections are relatively calm and peaceful - a nice reward for beating a difficult boss. Here, you can talk to people in town to advance the story and obtain items that will help you access new areas in the dungeon. Maybe later on in the quest you could even connect these areas, but I'd keep them relatively seperate.

A story wouldn't be too hard to create from this - the game might take place in a post-apocolyptic world, where groups of survivors have banned together to form villages. However, most of the world is inhabitable and in fact deadly to walk in. That leaves only small overworld bubbles and the underground to live, but monsters are attacking fiercely from the dungeon. Thus, the end of humanity is drawing ever closer. I'm sure you could come up with more.

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting idea that's pretty unique, but doesn't require difficult features to be effective. I know your comfort zone is overworlds, but maybe this kind of concept would work especially well from you since you'd be sure to give it your own feel.

Like I said, it sounds like you've already got some ideas, but I thought I'd throw mine into the ring just in case something comes up.

#44 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

I like quests with a pace just like LBDX and HoD. That is the reason why I am hooked of those quests.

#45 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

Could you make the overworld in a different style? As much as I enjoyed Lost Isle, the overworld was like crossroad here, crossroad there... very monotonous. All the areas felt the same.

Edited by Fire Wizzrobe, 05 April 2008 - 08:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users