• Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 17 April 2011 - 02:30 PM

You should also try Mega Man and Bass

#17 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

I'm pretty sure a great many people on here are Pokemon fans (I'm not), but people often make comparisons in gameplay with the Dragon Warrior Monsters series games. So if you like Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest I would recommend Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 &2. Both of these games are on GBC.

IPB Image

Also, you should try Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis if you like Tactical RPGs (GBA).

IPB Image

Edited by Twinblake, 17 April 2011 - 03:20 PM.

#18 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(Twinblake @ Apr 17 2011, 02:13 PM) View Post

I'm pretty sure a great many people on here are Pokemon fans (I'm not), but people often make comparisons in gameplay with the Dragon Warrior Monsters series games. So if you like Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest I would recommend Dragon Warrior Monsters 1 &2. Both of these games are on GBC.

IPB Image

Also, you should try Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis if you like Tactical RPGs (GBA).

IPB Image

DUDE...I nearly forgot about those games. I spent just as much (if not more) time playing those as I did Pokemon.

#19 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

I know some have already been mentioned, but in topics like these, the first things I go for are always the following:
  • Metroid: Fusion
  • Metroid: Zero Mission
  • Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (White Night Concerto, in Japan)
  • Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
  • Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

They're all real time action games, and will definitely satisfy an adrenaline junkie but will still allow for saved games and freedom of movement.

#20 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

Although I've played Game Boys since before the Color days, I actually don't have that many Game Boy games to recommend. Outside of Zelda and Pokemon, I just didn't play anything that strikes me as a noteworthy game now. The Game Boy Advance had a lot of good titles, though.

IPB Image
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is a pleasant game that's in the same vein as Tactics Ogre Advance (in fact, it looks like the exact same artist worked on both games, something I didn't notice until now). It's quite easy, but there are a ton of missions and you can really make the game last. It doesn't have anything on the original Final Fantasy Tactics, though. The storyline and dialogue made me groan quite a bit, haha.

IPB Image IPB Image
I can definitely second ShadowTiger's recommendations of Metroid: Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission. I think that Fusion is the better of the two (people complain about the linearity, but the mechanics have drastically improved since Super Metroid). Zero Mission is a good remake of the original (and came at a good time in the hardware development) but certain aspects just don't feel right. The original game was very dependent on exploration and just trying stuff. Giving the game a map and objectives kind of subverts that. Still, I recommend it as a great adventure game.

IPB Image
The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King is a fun little Diablo-esque game for the Game Boy Advance. It's not a particularly fantastic game, but I played it a lot as a kid and for a movie-adapted title, it's surprisingly well done.

IPB Image
The Golden Sun games are fantastic-looking RPG's that play very traditionally. The djinn system provides a nice degree of customization, but you can play through the game with the default classes with little difficulty. They have a pretty good story, but it has very long-winded dialogue. The first game is a great start, but the second really opens up the world and you actually learn some of the final psynergy (the first doesn't really level you enough to get everything out of the game).

#21 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:38 PM

Lol, fix those images dude.

#22 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:05 AM

I have Metroid Zero Mission and Fusion, but i'm stuck in both @_@

#23 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(NoeL @ Apr 17 2011, 11:38 PM) View Post

Lol, fix those images dude.

Why, they look totally fine to me...?

*Checks using Internet Explorer*

AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay, I fixed them now. No idea why the Metroid Fusion image was so large. In Firefox, it was 240x160 just like the others...

#24 Zeldaman23

Zeldaman23

Darkie & Dhane

• Members

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Apr 17 2011, 02:59 PM) View Post

Also, Zeldaman, I'd asume the reason that Megaman Xtreme 3 didn't work for you is because there is no Megaman Xtreme 3. icon_unsettled.gif

Oh stupid me. I mean Rockman Xtreme 3. Sorry I got messed up myself. I don't like Rockman Extreme 3 because....it too early to pass all boss and final boss stage. I don't like it.

If you are fan dragon ball game, try GBA version. I forgot name of it. I am sure other people will mention the name. Oh btw, first part Dragon ball: Leacy of Goku part 1, I passed one day on real life. Man. I can't believe it I make it in one day. O_O

Edited by Zeldaman23, 18 April 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#25 vanultima

vanultima

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:37 PM

Hey i got a play thruough of both fusion and Zero mission on my youtube channel, check it out!

http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

#26 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

Good GBA games? Mother 3, it was AMAZING!!! well the ending was pretty terrible.

#27 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

WTF People!? RPG and GBA Games! The first things that should've been mentioned!

Shining Soul
Shining Soul II
Shining Force Dark Dragon (or something like that, remake of the 1st one).
Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Final Fantasy 1 & 2 Dawn of Souls
Final Fantasy 4
Final Fantasy 5
Final Fantasy 6
Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced
Sword of Mana (Remake of Final Fantasy Adventure; terrible as a remake, awesome as it's own game)
Pokemon Emerald
Pokemon FireRed

GBC
Final Fantasy Adventure

#28 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

A couple that haven't been mentioned yet:

Warioland 4 (GBA)
It's a platformer with a whole bunch of fun, unconventional mechanics and very well designed levels. If you enjoy Kirby games, you will probably love this. It's got pretty good music, too, at least as GBA sound quality goes.

Lufia: the Legend Returns (GBC)
This game has pretty much the most beautiful music and graphics I have ever seen on the GBC. Plot is pretty standard JRPG fare, for the most part, and the translation's a little rough around the edges in some parts, but if you enjoy RPGs it's worth a play.

#29 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(Snarwin @ May 7 2011, 09:17 PM) View Post

A couple that haven't been mentioned yet:

Warioland 4 (GBA)
It's a platformer with a whole bunch of fun, unconventional mechanics and very well designed levels. If you enjoy Kirby games, you will probably love this. It's got pretty good music, too, at least as GBA sound quality goes.

Lufia: the Legend Returns (GBC)
This game has pretty much the most beautiful music and graphics I have ever seen on the GBC. Plot is pretty standard JRPG fare, for the most part, and the translation's a little rough around the edges in some parts, but if you enjoy RPGs it's worth a play.

LOL! Like when Gades was all "I'll show you FRUE destruction!" Frue...

#30 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:35 AM

Scurge Hive GBA/ & NDS

(Action/Metroid Clone/Overhead)  

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2     (and there is also a 1)   GBA

0:45    ~ Of Vid belows .*

(RPG/Tales Series ~ type Battle-System.)  

(Who's my master Lolz.*)  !0~^!  // 

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 12 March 2015 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users