The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

According to GDC 2009, Nintendo revealed a ton of new and impressive software including the next game in the Zelda Franchise.

http://www.gamespot....adlines;title;1

It looks pretty good but I do feel bummed that it looks like Phantom Hourglass but instead of a ship, it's more about the use of a train.

What are your thoughts?

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

That looks amazing. Like a land version of Phantom Hourglass. And that boss looks epic. But I think they've found their next good idea with this train. Lots of possibilities. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

#3 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

When the hell is there gonna be a GOOD zelda for the wii? TP is/was for Gamecube.

Also I think it sucks, the new zelda.

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Here's a few snapshots, if anyone wants to look at still versions of em:
IPB Image
IPB Image
Can anyone recognize the map? Not that I can at first glance... I'm just suggesting we should "analyze" it, to look for familliar areas :3

Oh, and guys, this is a trailer. It's a lot longer than the one in the original link.
It also shows Link kneeling before Zelda, inside what's looking like Hyrule Castle. He's also wearing other clothes, along with the normal tunic. I'm guessing it takes place before WW icon_smile.gif
http://www.gametrail...ayer/47155.html

Edited by Migokalle, 25 March 2009 - 06:19 PM.

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Mar 25 2009, 02:33 PM) View Post

Can anyone recognize the map? Not that I can at first glance... I'm just suggesting we should "analyze" it, to look for familliar areas :3

I can't recognize it. It looks like there's a castle near the top, but it's too blurry to tell.

Edited by Russ, 25 March 2009 - 06:33 PM.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

That looks interesting. I actually thought PH was good, so maybe a land-based version would be cool. Although they better not make that train suck more than the boat. icon_unsettled.gif

Hmm... Continuation of the Wind Waker saga or new series altogether? Either would be fine, though I'd like to keep seeing what became of the post-Phantom Hourglass scenario.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

New trailer: http://www.veoh.com/...80823753aHQBFNG

It shows Zelda, not Tetra, so I think it's a new series, as PH Tetra says she dislikes being called Zelda.

#8 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:14 PM

Nothing is loading for me for some reason. icon_confused.gif The screens aren't loading at all, Veoh is blocked by my filter, and Migo said he posted a trailer, but there's no link! >_< I'm so confused.

Anyways, It looks interesting! I really enjoyed Phantom Hourglass, actually. Even if some people thought it was dumb. Can't wait! icon_smile.gif However, Link looks really dumb in a train engineer's outfit.

EDIT: The one on gamespot.com finally loaded. But that's it. icon_neutral.gif

Edited by Link R us, 25 March 2009 - 06:23 PM.

#9 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:27 PM

I don't know why Russ posted his link twice, and I don't know why you couldn't see my link... I could though, however, when I hit edit, it was gone o.o

I added it to my earlier post though.
(and if you're too god damn lazy: http://www.gametrail...ayer/47155.html )

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

I posted mine twice because I edited it into my post, and TS posted at the same time. So I responded to his, and posted the link again because I used the video to back it up, and then was going to edit it out of the first post, but had to leave quickly.

Anyways, the map seems sort of like the Kanto region from Pokemon to me. Anybody made sense of it yet?

#11 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

I can, but I'd prefer not to... *shudders at the thought*

Anyways, I hope Link doesn't have to wear that ridiculous outfit all the time, and that you can get off the train whenever you choose. Not just at towns and dungeons. No free-movement overworld is instant fail. >:U *would buy it anyways*

Edited by Link R us, 25 March 2009 - 06:50 PM.

#12 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

This sucks. No roaming around Hyrule...

I was really hoping there would be a FREE ROAMING overworld. It would be so awesome to just run around Hyrule Field. Well, I guess that's out of the picture. And did anyone see the map? The tracks were all over the place! wtf!

I at least hope there are free roaming side areas that are better then the cruddy PH islands.

Edited by ZebraStallion, 26 March 2009 - 09:58 PM.

#13 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

It would be nice to see a Zelda game that actually had effort put into it, yes. The recent games have all been about gimmicks, even if the gimmick itself is the fact that it's a new Zelda. After the Oracle games came out, there has not been a single Zelda game that I really cared for (and I really could not stand Wind Waker; chores do not a good game make.) Go ahead and earn your money off of this, Nintendo, but you won't be getting any from me. At least Metroid is still in good hands. I hope Retro creates something even better than Prime 3 next.

*mourns the loss of the Zelda series*

#14 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

Who says there won't be free-roaming? The train tracks only covered a small section of the map. There's still a lot with no tracks.

#15 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:57 PM

Well, it's...original, I'll give them that. I mean, Link on a train still seems...odd. Is it steampunk or am I just confusing the term here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users