• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

Spiro, threating to stab someone for not giving you a seat is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. That is thing about these kids today. Have to resort to guns and knifes, what ever happened to just using your fists (and even with that, it is should be last restort, and this story doesn't sound a need for even yelling). It is the coward way out in my opinion.

Look, think about it. It was a 30 minute bus ride. If you are thinking of stabbing someone because of a little thing like that. You need to sit down and think about things. You need to talk to someone. And you know what, Spiro, you heard this before and this is coming from a Backyard Wrestler:

Fighting is never the answer.

It will just make things worse. I have never been a fight in my life. Because I never let anything silly affect me. Really, you need to take a shower and think about your mentality right now. Make yourself happy, by some hobby. Because the problem isn't anyone else, it is the source. And the source is the one posting in this thread.

And if you want someone to talk to, you can PM me, or you can get in chat to talk to me.

#17 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

Amen.

I've dealt with crap my whole life by just not letting it affect me. Make a joke about it tomorrow, and let people know that you really don't care about yesterday. Trust me, if people don't get a reaction, they'll stop. And if they don't stop, then they're the one with the problem.

#18 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:00 PM

I could go to jail, but that sounds like fun.

How old are you? You'd probably be put under house-arrest. It happened to my sister.

#19 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Sharon Daniel @ Jul 10 2007, 07:00 PM) View Post

How old are you? You'd probably be put under house-arrest. It happened to my sister.
Oh yeah. The fact that I won't go to jail makes it perfectly okay to stab someone. icon_xd.gif I know that was probably not the point you were making, but I couldn't resist.

#20 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

No, most likely he will go to prison. That is attempted Murder or even Murder. I mean, he made a thread about it. That isn't self-defense. That is a planned out stabbing. His life would never be the same if he did that. Everyone and everything he applies himself to in the future would look at that stabbing. I mean, I wouldn't hire someone that stabbed someone over a bus seat.

#21 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 10 2007, 08:06 PM) View Post

Oh yeah. The fact that I won't go to jail makes it perfectly okay to stab someone. icon_xd.gif I know that was probably not the point you were making, but I couldn't resist.

Yeah...

And I was also referring to beating someone with a baseball bat, not stabbing someone.... icon_freak.gif

My family members are .... icon_sweat.gif

#22 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:15 PM

Dude not the kid not giving me the seat. The kid wacking me in the head!

He was wacking me in the head the whole bus and trust me, not some little kid wacking, like punching. And he was doing it pretty hard.

#23 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

Ok... that still doesn't justify a reason to stab someone, or even take a bat to someone. In fact, I'm not even sure what to do in this case, because I know that schools (at least in my area) look down upon self-defense, just as much as they do with violence.

#24 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:22 PM

So? What does it matter in the long run?

It's downright stupid to retaliate. That's what the kid wants you to do. Tell him to stop, and say it loud enough that it gets other attention. The kid will become embarrassed at all the eyes looking his way, or he'll get yelled at by the bus driver.

Edited in: In addition, posting this ON THE INTERNET is definitely a bad idea. It's not that hard to get your IP address, your Internet provider's phone number from that, and they can look up who you are and where you live. Even if you don't follow through, your post can be admitted as evidence if any police find it. And these days, they don't fool around.

Remember, posting anything to a Web page is like taking an ad out in the newspaper. It's there for anyone to see.

I'm tempted to remove this topic, right now, but then everyone's advice would also be removed. If anyone agrees that this topic should be deleted, then I will go ahead (unless someone beats me to it.)

#25 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Noir @ Jul 10 2007, 07:22 PM) View Post

So? What does it matter in the long run?

It's downright stupid to retaliate. That's what the kid wants you to do. Tell him to stop, and say it loud enough that it gets other attention. The kid will become embarrassed at all the eyes looking his way, or he'll get yelled at by the bus driver.

Well I thought about yelling stop, but I thought that'll make people stare at me...

#26 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Spiro @ Jul 10 2007, 08:25 PM) View Post

Well I thought about yelling stop, but I thought that'll make people stare at me...

Looks can't kill. And, people staring is really not that bad compared to the prospect of imprisonment.

This kid obviously hasn't hurt you, so there's no need to 'get revenge.' He's just a stupid kid on a bus. They're everywhere. Offing one leaves millions more behind, and also leaves you in prison or something - which, I guarantee you, is NOT fun. (I've never been there myself, but I am not planning on ever being sent there.)

#27 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

And stabbing him instead would make the people around you not stare? Honestly, you aren't thinking this through.

#28 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:49 PM

Let's all take a good, long look at the situation here. You're pissed because people were laughing at your expense. Okay. Now, you've gone to stabbing someone for it. Or, maybe not that, but threatening to stab. Becuase a kid was whapping you in the head.

Please, I urge you to reconsider what you're saying. You're not making much sense right now.

#29 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

I know this kid that got stabbed to death. He is dead now... Our whole town was devastated. Don't F***ing stab someone. I can't even believe that you even thought of that. You need to go get some counseling bud, there is something wrong with you.

#30 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:55 AM

I'm for at least locking this topic, though removing doesn't sound at all bad either. Threatening to stab someone is SICK whatever the circumstances. Threatening someone else's life over the internet could get you (and PureZC) into trouble.

If someone stabs you in the head with a pen, that's ... well, I don't know what the US lega lterm is but it's definitely a crime. If you want a suggestion what to do, if you feel threatened report it to the police and the school then if nothing's done about it, stay at home, refuse to go to school and state quite clearly your reason: that you fear for your own safety.

One last warning before you think of getting a knife: think through what could happen.
1. You actually kill someone. You're imprisoned for murder and that's the end of your "life".
2. You don't want to kill anyone, but you're only provoked further and end up at 1. anyway.
3. You get overpowered or the knife taken from you as you try and avoid actually having to stab someone. Most likely it'll end up with you getting stabbed. RIP.
Either way, that'll be the end of you as you know it.

In all seriousness: DON'T EVEN THINK OF STABBING ANYONE.

If you do want to defend yourself, knives are pretty much useless for that. Learn Karate or something if you can - it'll help your self-confidence most of all - or if you must, get a pepper-spray. Knives are strictly a "bad-guy" weapon only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users