• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

There's been speculation in Australia about one of our sportspersons - he was captain of a Western Australian Australian Rules team until last year, when he was pulled over by police and did a runner from them. He won the league best and fairest the year before, and in January was admitted into rehab for a drug addiction. The story's here.

He was meant to play last week, but pulled a hamstring, which means he will be out for three weeks. The fact that the team he plays for won the premiership last year and could drop out of the top four halfway through the season if they don't get some big name players back soon needs him kind of makes it sad for him and the team. But I don't care because I don't support them. There has been heated arguments over this player and it makes me wonder, if you were the coach of his team would you let him play again?

#2 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 09 July 2007 - 09:33 PM

I'd never let a person like that play if I were a coach...

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:24 PM

There has been plenty of steroid issues with American baseball players, recently. Mostly baseball. There have been some in the NBA and NFL as well.

Some people have been suspended from the NFL for drug use, and that's a good idea. It'll teach em.

#4 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:30 PM

If it's recreational drugs, and he's gone through rehab, OK. (Which it appeared to be from the article).

Performance-enhancing drugs... no.

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:31 PM

Sports officials need to have a "take no prisoners" attitude towards steroids at this point. It's simply too widespread at this point. For example: Barry Bonds. Everyone KNOWS he's on drugs but he's about to break the home run record.

#6 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 10 2007, 01:24 PM) View Post
There has been plenty of steroid issues with American baseball players, recently. Mostly baseball. There have been some in the NBA and NFL as well.

Some people have been suspended from the NFL for drug use, and that's a good idea. It'll teach em.

...and let's not forget about what David Benoit just did... icon_unsettled.gif
(wrestler)

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 10 July 2007 - 04:01 PM.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 10 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

Well, the biggest problem in the Majors is that Major League Baseball effectively encouraged steroid use because they didn't take any action about it for so many years. All of a sudden, all the blame goes to Bonds, when it shouldn't be entirely the players' fault. Hundreds of other players have taken such drugs, but apparently people only care when a person is about to break a record. Give me a break.

I'm not just saying this as a San Franciscan, but I support Barry.

#8 4matsy

4matsy

SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO. 3 CHEESEFORCE

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:50 PM

Guys, guys, don't you know?

...It's not illegal if you don't get caught. icon_razz.gif

#9 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

The fact is that the player (oh, I give up - Ben Cousins) and another team mate had a connection with a Perth underworld gang last year. Cousins and the other guy got fined, but the other guy crashed his car into a pole while drunk last year in June as well. He was traded to another club.

All I'm saying is that I'm beginning to notice that it's not just Ben Cousins who is an AFL bad boy - there has been a recent spate of bad behaviour from players, including one who, while he was drunk, got driven around by a man who later killed a man and wounded two others in Melbourne. And a player who had a dummy spit at his coach because he got dragged. I don't know where Australian Rules is coming to, and I don't know how it got there in the first place..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users