#16 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 20 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Nov 19 2010, 05:19 PM) View Post

...Damn, I feel unoriginal now.

I don't think your unoriginal you are pretty creative icon_biggrin.gif. I love the bronze lowland area its so bronze icon_biggrin.gif

#17 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:11 AM

QUOTE(Sir Evan @ Nov 19 2010, 03:19 PM) View Post
Are you me? I swear to God, you read my mind. I pretty much had that exact same concept in the quest I'm making. Like, right down to the red/blue/green concept (although I guess those are fairly standard colors. Oh well. I'm still using it, and I'll claim I thought of it first. icon_razz.gif With that said, I'd have some suggestions based on how I'm using it, but seeing as I haven't officially announced the item yet, I don't really want to say it in public yet.

...Damn, I feel unoriginal now.

icon_eyeitus.gif! Well, that's... awkward...

Ohhhh snap, an idea just hit me. Alright, hey, you know what might be pretty awesome? If one or both of us (probably both) worked on the scripting together for the Prismatic Rod and both featured this exact same item in our Quests, zero exceptions, zero script difference for each of us. Then it could be like a double-cameo, and I dunno, reference each-other's Quests (the item similarity) in the Readme or Credits and do a little mutual Quest promotion. icon_biggrin.gif I mean hey, people release custom Scripts all the time in the Database for anyone to use, so we'd essentially be doing the same thing, only instead of putting it on the database, we'd just share it among ourselves, and it become more valuable that way. Hell, the forced boundaries might even cap some solid direction for me in terms of modeling my Quest after its incorporation!

What'cha think? I'm up for it if you are, but no pressure. icon_wink.gif Anyway, we all know how much gamers love cameos~

IPB Image

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Nov 20 2010, 06:11 PM) View Post
I love the bronze lowland area its so bronze icon_biggrin.gif

Name is subject to change. As everything is. icon_toast.gif

Edited by Schwa, 21 November 2010 - 02:12 AM.

#18 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:23 AM

I must say, the concept of save points is beginning to worry me. I'm playing OrinXD's demo ATM, and I spent about 3 hours on the first dungeon because I kept dying and losing all my progress.

#19 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 20 2010, 11:23 PM) View Post
I must say, the concept of save points is beginning to worry me. I'm playing OrinXD's demo ATM, and I spent about 3 hours on the first dungeon because I kept dying and losing all my progress.

Good to know.

Where did he have his Save Points? How spread-out were they? ...I know my beta testers will help more with finding a good balance, but obviously I wanna try to balance it before then too.

Perhaps, through the actual dungeons, I could set up "Save/Warp Points", which are basically Save Points that cause a portal to appear once activated and allow travel to different activated portals in that dungeon. That way, if you save your game in the middle of a huge dungeon, and die, and come back to that spot, and are trying to get OUT of the dungeon but can't... well you can just warp back to the Save Point at the dungeon's entrance, and bam. ^^

#20 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:48 PM

HOLY SHIFHQWHGADSJGHDFJGDFGSHGHSRFHVUGHURFSVBfhbgshdhjfdb...

...My brain may have exploded...again.

Anyway...there's too much to talk about here. The Candle is awesome, the sandpit-thing is cool, the beehive is evil (in a good way), everything's just awesome. Not sure how I feel about Save points though. Also, something I'd like to point out...

QUOTE(Schwa @ Nov 18 2010, 10:28 PM) View Post

Ladies and Mentlegen, our first block puzzle!

Never knew you were a TF2 fan. Nice reference. Seriously though, this quest has so much awesome in it, I'd be suprised if you fit in in one file. I'm fairly sure 2.5 has a limit of only 50 MegaFonzies. (I can make references too, y'know. icon_wink.gif)

Cookies to anyone who spots my first reference.

Edited by Banjo7J, 21 November 2010 - 02:51 PM.

#21 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:43 PM

I remember you showed the magic boomerang in Official Quest Screenshot Thread how you use magic when you use the magic boomerang is that going to make it in the game?

#22 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE(Banjo7J @ Nov 21 2010, 11:48 AM) View Post
HOLY SHIFHQWHGADSJGHDFJGDFGSHGHSRFHVUGHURFSVBfhbgshdhjfdb...

...My brain may have exploded...again.

(etc. etc.)

Hi there Banjo! Missed me? I certainly missed you~ icon_love.gif

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Nov 21 2010, 07:43 PM) View Post
I remember you showed the magic boomerang in Official Quest Screenshot Thread how you use magic when you use the magic boomerang is that going to make it in the game?

icon_sweat.gif You know that was an entirely different Quest, right?

But no, I don't intend to replicate it, since the gimmick in that old Quest was Link had all the original NES LoZ items to begin with, and I was trying some fancy ways of combining their uses. In this Quest, though, the hero isn't even Link. icon_razz.gif

. . .

Sorry guys, there probably won't be any updates for a few days, as I have a lot of other things going on. ^^ But that doesn't mean I won't check this thread, especially because I really want to hear back from Sir Evan on the possibility with the Prism Rod. icon_ohmy.gif

#23 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:47 AM

Yeah I know it was a different quest I couldn't just say it in a right way icon_sweat.gif me failed badly. Okay it was a cool idea through. Good luck with your rod ideas you and Sir Evan.

#24 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 24 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

Update time. Short, but sweet; this is what I added just counting today.

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Chronological order, from left to right. Activate the keyhole with the local Boss Key item, and... suddenly there is an earthquake, the lower wall explodes over and over again, and finally crumbles away into a path, allowing you entrance to Level 1. The fancy fireworks display takes around six full seconds. icon_biggrin.gif

It took tons of pixel-perfect mathematical calculations and a fair bit of trial and error to orchestrate this miniature cutscene, and I am VERY proud of myself-- the two hardest parts, by the way, were getting the cutscene to not loop indefinitely, and making it only happen one time ever (instead of every time you come on the screen) and stay "happened".

Here's the script I used. icon_smile.gif It is completely un-commented, and geared specifically towards my own use on the screen you see here, so to get any use out of it you'll need at least a slight amount of scripting knowledge-- enough to modify it to your own needs. (That being said, you don't have to credit me if you use it. icon_kawaii.gif Do show me, though, 'cause I'm curious to see if anyone will benefit from this creatively!)
CODE
ffc script SPEC_Level1GateKey
{
// D0 is how long the scene lasts,
// D1 is the sound when it begins,
// D2 is the sound when it finishes,
// and D3 is the amount of time left in the scene when the Screen Secrets will activate.
void run(int SceneTimer, int Sound, int SecretSound, int SecretActivate)
    {
        lweapon GateBoom;

while(!Screen->State[13])
        {
            if((GetLevelItem(0x10)) && (Screen->State[9]))
            {
                Game->PlaySound(Sound);
                while(SceneTimer)
                {
                    Screen->Quake = 6;
                    if(!(SceneTimer % 4))
                    {
                        GateBoom = CreateLWeaponAt(23, (Rand(88, 136)), (Rand(136, 152)));
                        GateBoom->UseSprite(89);
                    }
                    if(SceneTimer == SecretActivate)
                    {
                        Screen->TriggerSecrets();
                    }
                    SceneTimer --;
                    Waitframe();
                }
                SetLevelItem(0x10, false);
                Game->PlaySound(SecretSound);
                Screen->State[13] = true;
            }
            Waitframe();
        }
    }
}

One more thing!

You see those blue Keese? They're special. You know what they do?

They teleport. Whenever you damage them, they warp themselves to a random spot on the screen, always out-of-range of your Sword. Meaning you have to chase them down again. icon_awesome.gif For some bizarre reason it was harder to write the script for them to do that than it was to make the wall explode-- I kept having problems with my While loops when I added the part that checks for close proximity to Link! icon_wacky.gif But I managed it. I need to learn to not think too hard and overcomplicate my Scripts; I've realized that more often than not the simpler commands are all I need to make things do what I want, the more complex setups aren't very often needed. icon_smile.gif

So there you go! Schwa Insight. Schwinsight. icon_razz.gif

And no, I am not releasing the Teleporting Keese script. Yet, at least. Maybe I will and maybe I won't.

#25 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:58 AM

Good job this is my #1 quest.

#26 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:03 AM

Ugh! Awesome stuff like this keeps running through the woodworks and seemingly never gets released for one reason or another. If you drop this project, I will NEVER forgive you... icon_glare.gif

All that aside, this is awesome and that gate script is awesome too!

#27 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:03 PM) View Post
Ugh! Awesome stuff like this keeps running through the woodworks and seemingly never gets released for one reason or another. If you drop this project, I will NEVER forgive you... icon_glare.gif

Good thinking. I should make another backup .QST file now. *goes to do so*

(You might've not been around when I was making Molka Elite, but as most of the community here knows, I had this massive, 3+ year project in the works, and then my laptop died forever and none of my backups worked for Vista, so one of the most highly anticipated epics on the site died and vanished overnight. It was the most tragic thing I ever allowed to happen with my computer projects. So now I take backing up more seriously.)

#28 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 25 November 2010 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Nov 25 2010, 12:15 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Nov 24 2010, 10:03 PM) View Post

Good thinking. I should make another backup .QST file now. *goes to do so*

(You might've not been around when I was making Molka Elite, but as most of the community here knows, I had this massive, 3+ year project in the works, and then my laptop died forever and none of my backups worked for Vista, so one of the most highly anticipated epics on the site died and vanished overnight. It was the most tragic thing I ever allowed to happen with my computer projects. So now I take backing up more seriously.)

I knew Molka Elite, only little tiny bit yeah heard to the news too.

#29 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:10 AM

Muh, ha, ha! Great scripting, espically the enemies. Did you use Ghost.zh for any of the scripted enemies?

You better finish this one! We don't want something happen to this as what happened to Molka Elite otherwise we'll hang our heads in shame...

#30 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE(Orin XD @ Nov 25 2010, 02:10 AM) View Post

Muh, ha, ha! Great scripting, espically the enemies. Did you use Ghost.zh for any of the scripted enemies?

You better finish this one! We don't want something happen to this as what happened to Molka Elite otherwise we'll hang our heads in shame...

Ditto & I got question: Is there going to be gimmicks in dungeons?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users