Link to the Heavens

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#1 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:47 PM

I'm stuck in Level 2. I have the map and ocarina. Found/used a lot of keys. I got to the part with three spikes and an eyestatue. Got a key there. I went north, but there was only a crystal ball which I boomeranged, but only the screen's other part changed. There was a key near there, but seems like I need a bracelet. So I don't know where to go. I have a key. Later I found a cracked wall almost near the beginning, but that took me to an area where I seem to need the bracelet.

So? Help?

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:54 PM

In level two, remember, bomb every single wall. Often times there are hard to see cracks, but Pineconn loves to put bombable walls in. And although I can answer most of your questions about this quest (since I am Pineconn's biggest fan) you can probably get a faster response from the thread at AGN.

#3 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 01:47 PM

Seems like I missed a crack. As soon as I found it, everything went smoothly, up until this point:

IPB Image

How do I get the chest? There must a key be in it, because I'm short of a key and most rooms are covered. Yes, I found the key that requires bombing a non-cracked wall or two. Along with the "use the ocarina a million times" area.

#4 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:29 PM

Let's see. That treasure chest holds 200 rupies. Come back with the flippers. As for keys, let's see (you're lucky I know the password for the quest). Here is a list of keys. The text is in white, so hilight to read:

In room 17, slash at the curtains.
Bomb the north wall in room 35 (the one with the start switches and the pits and the vires.
In room 45, hit the switch with the magic boomerang, and then follow the path to a key.
From the entrance, go down twice, left, down three times, and bomb the left wall.
In the room before the boss, kill all the enemies.
In room 25, bomb the right wall.
In room 63, there is a key.

Those are all the keys in the level.

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:20 PM

Seems like I miss the one before the boss. I need a key to access room 53. But I can't get near the boss, because there is a shutter in room 45 at the south that doesn't open, and going right only gives me a key or two, but blocks don't let me go all the way south. I thought room 53 has a teleport that takes me near the boss. But wait... a key in room 63? How do I get that? I remember a lock block, a closed north door and an eyestatue...

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 January 2008 - 06:08 PM

You know, I'm getting somewhat confused looking at it and trying to figure it out. If you go to AGN, there is a thread there you can look at. Or, I'll just post your question there, and post the answer here.

#7 Pineconn

Pineconn

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

(Well, there's the key outside Level 4, too. icon_wink.gif)

Russadwan definitely got all the keys right. But to get to the room before the boss, from the entrance, go down the stairs to B1, down, down, take the upper right door, go up, go down the stairs through the passage, left, through the passage, up, right, down, and down the stairs through the passage. When you emerge, just go right and down. Viola, you're here.

And you would definitely get faster responses (from me) at AGN.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 30 January 2008 - 12:16 AM

Hey, you posted here Pineconn. You know what, just ignore the post I made at AGN. I got to start checking this site before AGN. icon_doh.gif

#9 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:53 AM

Stuck in Level 5. AGN doesn't load.

Details:
I got compass, map, some keys, used up some keys, then I got the hookshot. It only let me get some more keys, but there are no any locked doors. No bombable walls. I explored B1's and F1's right parts almost fully. So, where's my passage? Again, I need no keys, I need a place where I use them up! Hmmm... It just occured to me... are there more than one entrances...???

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

Yes, there are three entrances to level 5. Leave, and use the hookshot to go two screens to the left. And after you get the flippers, swim to the top right of the lake to get to the third entrance.

#11 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

Now, the case became reverse: now I have more locked doors and lock blocks, but can't find keys. I looked through all three entrances (got L2 wallet, too). Specifically, the third entrance soon puts me to a locked door and a long trail in the first entrance leads me to a place with water traps and a lock block that protects a chest. I got the key at the end of a trail, near dodongos. Also got a lot of keys, but I ran out. Do I need to do anything special in the room with movable torches? I found just a red rupee.

#12 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 04:37 PM

Wow, seems I'm ahead of the curve.

I managed to complete level 5, and am on my way to 6, but I need the cross.

Do I need the boots to get the cross?

Seems I figured out the maze path without any help, but it didn't take me much of anywhere, just a locked entrance.

Wondering what the deal was with that "sealed" spot in Zora's cave.

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 31 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

No, you do not need the boots to get the cross. You can't even get them until after the end of the game. The cross is in a cave on the bottom left screen of the sothern portion of the desert. Kill all the enemies to enter.

CastChaos: The third entrance should only have one locked door. Do you mean the second entrance. You can drop down a hole to find one at the beggining, which some poeple overlook. From the stairs down, if you take the southern path, there is a key. Two screens north of the entrance, there is a key. If you go down the stairs there, after getting the flippers, and go down, left, up, and then bomb the left wall, you can get a key. If none of those help, tell me.

#14 Nashvillan

Nashvillan

Senior

• Members

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Perhaps my question was alittle too vague....

I have already found the cave (shaped like a cross no less) and am stuck on a screen with a bunch of fast moving floor spikes (the northern point of the cross if you will) Those spikes take off 4 hearts with the blue tunic and the stepladder seems to be useless here. So how do you get to the blue skull and back across without dying AND without boots? Cause these spikes are just begging for boots.

I figured you would know what I was talking about when I mentioned boots.

I tried entering the cave without the cross and only managed to get to the third room... the green wizzrobe is too hard to catch while invisible.

EDIT: Nevermind... figured it out... ingenious way of thinking outside the box.

Edited by Nashvillan, 31 January 2008 - 11:09 PM.

#15 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 February 2008 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Feb 1 2008, 03:21 AM) View Post

CastChaos: The third entrance should only have one locked door. Do you mean the second entrance. You can drop down a hole to find one at the beggining, which some poeple overlook. From the stairs down, if you take the southern path, there is a key. Two screens north of the entrance, there is a key. If you go down the stairs there, after getting the flippers, and go down, left, up, and then bomb the left wall, you can get a key. If none of those help, tell me.

You misunderstand. I know the third entrance has only one locked door. I just got another key by diving at a certain point, so I could unlock the lock block and get the boss key. But I still miss one more key, even though it seems I covered all rooms except the ones that are behind that locked door...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users