Wii

1. How hard was it to get your system?
A. Easy
B. Pretty Easy
C. Moderarte
D. Slightly Hard
E. Hard
F. Super Hard

2. On a scale of 1-5 rate the Wii's performance.
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
E. 5

3. What makes Wii better than 360 and PS3?
A. Your Own Answer

4. Did you trade in your GameCube when you got your Wii?
A. Yes
B. No

5. Will Wii get better 3rd party titles like the PS2 did years ago?
A. Yes
B. Probably
C. Possibly
D. No

6. What happens when you insert a Wii disc the wrong way? (Inserting a disc upside down when Wii is in horizontal position)

7. What happens when you accidently insert a disc into the console when there's already a disc inserted?

8. Does Wii at least have better graphics than last gen colsoles?
A. Yes
B. No
C. Can't tell

9. What are the chances of having accidents with the Wii-mote?
A. Like playing a Game of Stacker (Highly Slim)
B. Rare
C. Average
D. Common
E. High

10. What are the chances of getting one this holiday season?
A. Slim
B. Rare
C. Moderate
D. High

ZELDA: PHANTOM HOURGLASS

1. Is there an option to play with the control pad w/o use of the touch screen?
A. Yes
B. No

2. Do you think this game is better than WindWaker?
A. Yes
B. No

3. Can you explain why this game is getting high ratings?

4. Besides touch screen features why is this game unique?

5. How long is the game?
A. Like ALTTP
B. Like OOT
C. Like WW
D. Link MC
E. Other

6. On a Scale to 1-5 how good is the game?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4
E. 5

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

I don't have either a Wii or PH, but, I do have a few things that I can comment about. icon_razz.gif

First of all, do you know Japanese? Because, from what I've heard about PH, the quality will lower if you can't understand Japanese. icon_unsettled.gif

Now, for some of the Wii stuff...

Probably. Most developers were a bit skeptical at first about if the Wii would go over well, but now that it's a success, more developers are supporting it. icon_wink.gif

6. What happens when you insert a Wii disc the wrong way? (Inserting a disc upside down when Wii is in horizontal position)
From what I understand, it just spits the disc back out. It may damage it a bit, but most CD/DVD players will do that if you put it in the wrong way.

Yes and no. The Wii has the capabilities of being more powerful than the last gen consoles, but there's a problem. Most 3rd party developers have the motto "Well, the Wii isn't as powerful as the X360 and PS3, so we don't even have to try to have good graphics!" So, while the Wii will definitely have some great looking games (Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy), there are some that look bad for even PS2 standards.

As far as letting go of the Wiimote and it hitting a wall, well... it's easier to let it slip than you may think. Just hold to it tight, and you'll be fine. With the stronger wrist-strap, you shouldn't have any problems, though. As far as accidentally moving and hitting things/people, just try not to be too close to people or other objects. Just use your brain, essentially. icon_wink.gif

I hope some of what I've said helps. icon_smile.gif

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:59 PM

Wii

D. Slightly Hard - I'd visited every Gamestop and Best Buy I had the chance to, and they didn't have any. They received three randomly and forty every two weeks. Nintendo World in Manhatten, however, literally a seemingly everlasting pile of them right behind the counter. It was refilled every few purchases. It never went short, and there was a rather lengthy line for them too.

2. On a scale of 1-5 rate the Wii's performance. (Assuming "1" is the worst, "5" is the best.)
D. 4 - I'm really not quite sure how to evaluate this particular field. icon_shrug.gif I'll just assume that 5 is "perfect" and stick with a 4.

A. Your Own Answer - Indeed. It has Internet Access, a wonderful GUI, a simple-to-use interface, (Same thing. icon_razz.gif ) and some very interesting abilities. The "Channel" system is a great concept. I just wish we didn't have to buy so much once we already own it. icon_aggravated.gif

B. No - I kinda want to give/lend it to someone who needs it. icon_shrug.gif

C. Possibly - Just you wait until I can see through time. Then we'll see. icon_wink.gif

- I don't want to know. icon_sweat.gif I seriously am not going to try this to find out.

7. What happens when you accidentally insert a disc into the console when there's already a disc inserted?
- ... Same response. I have a GREAT memory for these things. Plus, I keep the game box next to the Wii. When there's no game system, and I want to insert a disc, I instinctually press Eject first.

8. Does Wii at least have better graphics than last gen consoles?
C. Can't tell - Not quite "can't tell," but more like "Don't care." icon_razz.gif

B. Rare - I suppose the plasticky feel can be a bit unnerving at times, but it's not that bad. If your hands get sweaty, it should really be more common sense than not that you should wipe them off on something.

-N/A- - Already Got One. icon_biggrin.gif Instead, I'll be getting SSBB; The SOLE Reason why I wanted a Wii originally.

QUOTE(LTM)
As far as accidentally moving and hitting things/people, just try not to be too close to people or other objects. Just use your brain, essentially.
On the very next morning after I'd installed it, (Which I did at midnight the night before.) my sister and I Were playing Wii Tennis on my bed, (The TV faces my pillow so I can watch it at night in bed.) and my sister smacked the Wii into the wall behind my pillow, right into a Half Life poster. Holy crap. Thank mod, it's fine though. Yeah, my sister is too. icon_razz.gif

QUOTE(LTM)
First of all, do you know Japanese? Because, from what I've heard about PH, the quality will lower if you can't understand Japanese icon_unsettled.gif
lol awesome. I'm one thousandth there. icon_deformed.gif

#4 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Aug 3 2007, 11:40 AM) View Post

I have a few questions to ask.

Wii

D. Slightly Hard
I camped out for mine. Fun experience, actually. Well, in my opinion, it was.

E. 5

Virtual Console and my favorite Nintendo characters. Also, I'm interested in the Wii remote more than I am in controllers.

B. No - I gave my GameCube to my sis.

C. Possibly
Considering the PS3's price problem and the popularity of the Wii, I think it's possible to see some better 3rd party titles.

It just doesn't read the disc. I did it to Wii Sports the very first time I put it in. icon_razz.gif All I had to do was eject it and put it back in the right way. No problem at all.

7. What happens when you accidently insert a disc into the console when there's already a disc inserted?
The Wii slides the disc into its slot, so I'm sure you can easily tell when you can't insert another disc, because one is already in there. Now, if you purposely tried to jam it... I'm not sure if that is a possible feat, but I wouldn't try it.

A. Yes - the graphics comparison with the first Brawl trailer is all the evidence I need. Of course, Kirby and Pikachu didn't go through much of a change. They didn't need to, anyway. icon_razz.gif

B. Rare - I never had a Wii Remote accident, but I have heard stories on flying Wii Remotes, but that was before the strap upgrade.

-Didn't answer, because I already have one. icon_razz.gif

I never imported Phantom Hourglass, but from what I've seen, I'm sure I'll have fun with it.

Edited by Animus01, 03 August 2007 - 04:02 PM.

#5 Dethl

Dethl

@

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE(TriMaster001 @ Aug 3 2007, 10:40 AM) View Post

Wii

C. Moderate
Did a few "DAMMIT THE STORE'S OUT AGAIN" runs, before just buying one on eBay.

D. 4
There are somethings that I don't really like with it. The major of those being the Wii Shop Channel, and it's everlasting slowness, but I barely use it anyway.

A. How do I know if it's better or not? I haven't used either of the other 2 systems, and if I can afford them at a point in which there are great games available, I'll buy them and check them out.

B. No
It's sitting behind my TV with a pudding cup on it.

C. Possibly
But then again, who am I to predict the future?

Not going to try it.

Not going to try it.

A. Yes
It does. But you'll have to wait a while to see them. Most PS2 games looked like crap at first.

B. Rare
Contary to how it might sound, it doesn't have an oil slick on it. The only ones who will really do it are people who aren't wearing a wrist strap while playing Wii Sports.

C. Moderate
There will not be a Cyber Demon and a Spider Mastermind in the mall.

#6 Brandon1

Brandon1

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:33 PM

Slightly hard, I had to camp out in a K-Mart to get one since I didn't got the chance to preorder it.

4 - Besides Wii Shop freezing several times, nothing has happened to my Wii, so I give it a 4.

Nintendo has always been better at making funnier to play games and an awesome gameplay overall the features. Besides it's cheaper icon_wink.gif

No

Probably - I read somewhere that many 3rd party developers liked the Wii remote thing and are or will make games for the Wii

Never tried it icon_razz.gif

7. What happens when you accidentally insert a disc into the console when there's already a disc inserted?
Haven't been that stupid for that to happen.

In between yes, it has the capabilities of having better graphics but haven't really "used" those capabilities, wait for SSBB.

Rare - Nothing has happened to me, and if your hand hurts after playing some games, then you obviously need to do exercises.

Moderate.

#7 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

1. Pretty easy, because I just had to pull out a chair in front of my local Target, wait until 11:00PM, get a wristband, go home, sleep, come back the next morning, get my console ticket, purchase the console, and go back home.

2. 4/5, because it is a lot of fun to play, but the system is short on games right now (granted that will change), WiiConnect24 is rather cheesy, and I'll have an occasional problem with the console's Bluetooth (it's nothing threatening; a restart fixes it, and it only happens once every few months.)

3. It's refreshing.

4. No, I still have my 'Cube, but tend to play GameCube games on the Wii anyway.

5. It absolutely will get good 3rd party games, because Wii is such a money-making console that other developers are stepping up their game.

6. Just gives you a disc read error--no noises, no blinking lights, nothing special at all.

7. Um... it doesn't fit! icon_blah.gif

8. Yes, it does, even though its power hasn't been fully realized.

9. It depends on how small the room you're playing it is, how close to the TV you are, and what type of game you're playing. I hit my finger once on a backswing in Wii Bowling, but it wasn't bad and that's been my only injury.

10. Nintendo will definitely up production as much as they can, so I'd say rare to moderate. Start early.

#8 FISSURE

FISSURE

• Members

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Easy, we got it around feb.

This is kind of hard to rate. So far the Wii seems to be lacking in games. We like Mario Party 8, uses the Wiimote nicely. Red Steel was pretty fun too. Need for speed is ok, not bad. The main Game Console seller was a Gamecube game with tacked on controls. Harry potter is pretty fun, i enjoyed using the Wiimote as a wand when i tried it RE 4 has come out for the wii, mmm gotta love ports. Although it does add stuff from the Ps2 version.. What the Wii needs is some original big hitter games. Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy. Super Smash Brothers Brawl, a new Zelda game that works fluidly with the Motion Sensor controls. With all those games, i would rate the Wii as a 4

So far nothing really makes the Wii better then the other next gen consoles. The wii is a lot harder to compare them since the Wii is based on Motion Sensoring and it's hard for companies to fully utilize it in games so it can work flawlessly. SvR08 is one game that comes to mind, That definitely should not use Motion Sensor controls, but it will, and it will be horrible for the Wii. Since the Ps3 has normal controls + tilt sensoring it allows them to test the waters with what developers can do with it and not base games solely around it. THe 360 still sticks to the normal controls. Again, it's hard to compare them since the staple of the Wii is that it's Innovative and based around Motion Sensoring which can get touchy at times and hard to use on some games.

Yes, yes we did.

Yes, i think it will, Tales of Symphonia 2 for the Wii comes to mind.

No clue, we put our disc's in the right way, except a few times. I think it leads to a cannot read disc error,

You can't, the Wii blocks you from putting another disc in if one is already in the console.

Sometimes it does.

Not sure what you mean, but accidents like accidently throwing the Wiimote, etc are usually caused by sweaty hands, which is why they tell you to use the Wristrap, too bad the originals you get with the Wiimotes are easy breakable. Although Nintendo will send you better ones if you go to their website.

A moderate chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users