• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 28 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

So, I made a midi...

I think it is pretty good, if I were to rate it, I would probably give it a 3 or 4. In my opinion, it feels awkward at points, and isn't very video game fitting to me. It is good practice though, and it sounds pretty cool. It is called "Death Bell's Toll" just because of the bell thing in the background. If it sounds weird in the browser, take my word for it, it sounds better on my computer itself. Also, if anyone wants too, they can download it, just credit me if you want to(though I don't see why you would want too...)

Ratings? Comments? Anyone?

(I listened to it on my browser, the final note isn't supposed to sustain if it happens, just a warning. Also, it plays a lot slower in the browser for me, and the "Death Bell"'s notes sustain too long in the browser.)

Edited by Nuvo, 28 March 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#2 Zmo

Zmo

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:53 AM

Sounds really cool. I would rate a 4 for originality. I think it would fit some zelda games perfectly.

#3 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:27 PM

I don't like it simply because it seems to have all of the problems of the midi format, and then it seems to clearly define those problems. Like it's showing you how crappy your sound card is.

#4 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(Siguy @ Mar 29 2007, 03:27 PM) View Post

I don't like it simply because it seems to have all of the problems of the midi format, and then it seems to clearly define those problems. Like it's showing you how crappy your sound card is.

Yeah, well, I messed with the midi a little bit. Reupoladed it, and it should sound a little better, I got rid of the sustain thing, and I sped it up a little because it seemed to play slowly in the browser for me.

I think I did pretty good for a first midi though.

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

I like it! 5 stars!

It's somehow dark and old... But not in an evil/savage/morbid way. I'd use it for a dark train (futuristic) dungeon or for a dark, secretful castle or for... an MC style final dungeon. I will download it right now. Maybe I will use it as boss battle music in my Expo demo! Thank you!

#6 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:43 PM

I agree with Siguy. The instruments make it sound really annoying, and it just doesn't flow at all. However, this MIDI is easily better than anything Siguy made icon_razz.gif

Good for the first, but has wide open space for improvement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users