Final Fantasy Adventure Tileset

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:37 AM

Hmm, I was more worried about what colours to put in the Csets of each level palette, ie. in Pure, Cset 4 is used for water and lava (which I've now done and am relatively pleased with), and I've coloured the walls and doors for a first (grey) dungeon palette. I need to start on the dungeon item - which I'm not sure I'll have too many colours left for

#17 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 07:26 PM

Its about time someone bothered to rip these excellent tiles... many of the monster ones (16x16 of course) if colored and spiced up a bit would make wonderful replacement tiles for a lot of the same enemies used in quests fo no purpose other than nostalgia. Keep at it mate.

#18 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:21 AM

And now the tileset is completed in colour. It can be found here before I upload it to the database. Could anyone have a look through and tell me what they think before I post it up please?

Edited by Joe123, 05 April 2007 - 07:26 AM.

#19 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:30 PM

Hmm... It's a nice tileset for what it is, but a bit limiting to use as a base. I also edited the overworld palette a bit:

Before:

IPB Image

After:

IPB Image

#20 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:34 AM

I quite like that actually, looks brighter and gives the forest a different feel, looks a bit like blossom. I like the tree trunks too, they look quite a lot better - but those trees are using the browns that the ground and rocks and houses and everything use, so if I were to change them to that everything else would look wrong.

Anyways, I've submitted it now so it's a bit late to change it - and although the colours for that tree fit that screen, I don't think they would help some of the others quite so much.

Edited by Joe123, 08 April 2007 - 04:34 AM.

#21 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:14 AM

Some of these enemy tiles might prove quite useful for me...

#22 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:23 PM

Glad to be of use icon_thumbsup.gif Do you think it would be worth submitting a sprite sheet from it maybe? Cause that's two people interested in the enemies now apparently.

The tileset is now submitted to the database icon_biggrin.gif. I think I'll also be using it to make a small 4 triforce piece quest

Edited by Joe123, 13 April 2007 - 04:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users