Dreams of Yesterday

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1303 replies to this topic

#1261 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

So, I downloaded the most recent update and had to go back to the volcano and fight a third time. and this time the warp did appear in Link's house. During that fight if you walk down you can walk off the screen during each fight scene and you land in some very peculiar areas you can just walk back up however and you are back in the fight scenes and can finish the fight.

#1262 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hi Mr snooze icon_thumbsup.gif ! enter that warp at link house - on crystalia i don't remember any big deal!
when you enter the vines still will be green and sleepersys and easy to fall down
use the wand go kill that boss and all turn into yellow , now you can walk safe every where
you need to get those two medals ... let me know where you get'em
think there's one outside the castle but I just can't get it!
-

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Feb 21 2013, 08:56 PM) View Post

So, I downloaded the most recent update and had to go back to the volcano and fight a third time. and this time the warp did appear in Link's house. During that fight if you walk down you can walk off the screen during each fight scene and you land in some very peculiar areas you can just walk back up however and you are back in the fight scenes and can finish the fight.

#1263 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

think there's one outside the castle but I just can't get it!
What do you mean? What's the particular blockage?

5:19 – not sure why the space directly in front of the guy is a “Direct Warp” combo back just outside. Any info from this guy?
That transports you to an identical room where she's talking to you. It's fine.

Hotel
= Are the rugs here supposed to be overhead combos or something?
= map in hotel sewers from dive start is 3 screen across and then 1 more screen up (currently 4 across and then 2 more up). Can look at lower right section of 26:xx for clarification.
The ... rugs? O.o Whaaat. Haha, wow, I have no idea how that might have happened. It kinda looks like a ceiling tile, like outside the boundary of the walls, but I don't remember ever having to make one overhead due to Link walking beneath one. I generally tend to use layer 3 and up to avoid having to make a tile an overhead combo. So strange. But yeah, fixed. Really, WTF. XD

14:5A – not sure why going left changes place from “Capitol Port” to “Enigma Castle.” Can't overhead map or get HP at 14:47. Luckily entering and exiting the castle reverts back to “Capitol Port” where you can then get the HP.
Ah, that was done so that the door to the lower castle Clone Battle and Cannon scene would open. It's a mechanic driven by the defeat of Prince Iron Knuckle. It's intentional.

22:69 – Need to move chest left one space. If one falls on the left side of the hole on 3F, when you land on 2F, will auto move down, get hit and be knocked upwards into the hole.
I didn't fix this one already? O.o Take a look at it. There's only one place to fall from, with a minimum arrival range. Is this just outdated? The chest is like two spaces to the left of where you land. I can't see the player landing on the invisible fire enemy you need to slash to get the key. (That fire enemy is what makes the event work. It must be there.)

28:63 – Design blocks items from the side, but couldn't you just use the ladder to work to the upper right corner and then use whatever distance weapons you wanted, thus not needing the wand?
Heh, just before I read this, I fixed up that room so that instead of a locked door on top of the screen, there is a lockblock in the middle of the screen, with the key spawning across the hole. In ZQuest, press "x" and then "s" to enter preview mode and trigger the screen's secrets, respectively. Oh, I also changed the Zelda Secret sound effect to ALTTP's Error sound effect, so triggering the secret by using the arrows sounds like an error. Works great. <3

62:62 – can make blocks able to hookshot to so that can get from one side to the other
Oh they are. icon_biggrin.gif When the screen's enemies die, they turn to hookshottable blocks. You can go to the center of the room as a sort of arena stage via the hookshot initially. No big deal though; just spike tiles. icon_shrug.gif

#1264 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

just a small something

IPB Image

#1265 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

small things to note

no bombs here and not bombable
IPB Image

Stuck here
IPB Image

stuck here as well
IPB Image

#1266 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

it was a nevermind , sorry

Edited by Mister Snooze, 23 February 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#1267 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Will check on 5:09+5:0A, Hotel, 28:02+28:03, 28:63 when update in.

Exit shortcut from Death Mountain works nicely. Just need to test after talking to Wind Fish Egg.

Some clever stuff in the Dojo. A few things noted:
- 24:20 - the chest gives you 2 keys. Was that intentional? Only see 1 lock so far
- 24:41 - looks a bit odd. Maybe can extend another block of ground so that can walk from right to left via ladder.
- 24:40 - stuck as seen in picture. Can make block that Link is facing pushable from any direction.

IPB Image

==========================================

5:19 – person doesn't say anything though. Space in front of her just warps you out of the cave.

51:28 – if you accidentally come from the top, you're stuck. Not sure where to make a pushable block to go one way so that you can get out, but not shortcut the lock

52-55:44 - can add additional E switch in this room. Checked around, can only first access this room from E side. S, N, and W sides can't get to this room. Since you first get to this room on the E side, if you accidentally step on the W switch, you're kinda screwed and would have to fall down and start over. E switch will cover those who accidentally step on the W switch.

62:62 – Unless you only need to do this once, may want to change out the ghosts given not sure how many people will want to waste a few super bombs just to take them out only for them to respawn after some time. Can consider wizzrobes, stalfos, etc

#1268 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Underneath a floor tile

IPB Image

walk down through a door come out through a wall

IPB Image

Cannot move right or left along the bottom row

IPB Image

#1269 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

I've already fixed that woman's text. It was the wrong warp combo. Those are tough to manage. (It's usually just one tile warp per screen, but 2.11 and on added Warps A through D and four separate side warps. But they use their own combos, and I forgot to make it Stairs B and not Stairs A.

I'm actually really, really not at all sure why the Chest in the Dojo cave gives two keys. I even checked the Item quality in the item editor, and indeed, it only increases the key meter by one. Can't have more than one item in a chest. So strange. So I added a lockblock just below it. icon_shrug.gif icon_unsettled.gif I don't know what else to do...

All other bugs fixed, and the warps added where necessary. Thanks much!

Snooze's Bugs were fixed this morning.

I also changed the passive subscreen a little. It now allows for 40 Heart Containers to be displayed, rather than 24. May they never be needed. icon_razz.gif

Another bug-fix thing.

#1270 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Fixes look good from my list.

24:41 - stuck as in picture below. Maybe can remove that piece of bar above Link and just make that a hole you can walk over. The 1/2 bar and 1/2 looks kind of odd anyway

IPB Image

===================

40 heart capacity icon_eek.gif And you wonder if someone would actually go and buy heart pieces until they max out icon_wacky.gif

#1271 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:35 AM

The only possible response

But thanks, gotcha. Provided a little block-based fix for that. Or, I could've just placed a hole to the right of the chest so they couldn't scroll to the right from that chest to get stuck, but eh. No reason to go right aside from exploration. ... ... ... Alrighty then.

Currently trying to track down that Bug MeleeWizard found in the Death Mountain caves. Can't find it yet.

#1272 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

I have all my triforce pieces but cannot enter the Deku Tree (isn't that where the Deku forest is?) so what am I missing? I do not have the fire boomer (haven't been able to find the way to it) would that stop me? Also haven't found the gold armor (Or maybe I did it looks like I am wearing gold - see1st pict below). I do have the level 4 sword. Finished Marathon (aptly named).

here are my items , triforces etc.
IPB Image

Here are a couple more small bloopers for you.
IPB Image

IPB Image

Come down thru this door and you are stuck in it
IPB Image
No need to give up anything to him because you can also come up thru those stairs, but you will have to f6 cont to go on.

Edited by Mister Snooze, 24 February 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#1273 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE(pixcalibur @ Feb 23 2013, 03:23 PM) View Post

40 heart capacity icon_eek.gif And you wonder if someone would actually go and buy heart pieces until they max out icon_wacky.gif

I bought a couple when I first saw them available (went crazy in the desert, the place where I found i could get the most money the fastest) so there are some of us loonies out here icon_lol.gif icon_teehee.gif

Edited by Mister Snooze, 24 February 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#1274 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Feb 23 2013, 01:50 PM) View Post

Snooze's Bugs were fixed this morning.

Of course I was adding some more bugs just as you were posting this.
Don't want you to get complacent icon_lol.gif

#1275 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Up to Marathon now. Getting out of Death Mountain works well now.

24:40 - Yeah, may be easiest just to add a block directly to the right of the chest to prevent getting stuck.

35:6F – could remove one of the purple bluprs in the center to allow one to go up. Not much up there anyway

36:35 – I think someone else had mentioned this before. If you have no key for 36:4B, you're trapped since you can't go back. Can just move the lock from 36:4B to the right door at 36:44

36:74 – Can't ladder across the lava separating the bits of land on the left side to let the player go left. Didn't have ZQ to see this before, but this does lead right back to start since you can hookshot the block after going left.

No intro text to Coma and Insomnia battle.

41:62, 42:62 – may want to keep right door open so that in case you get the block stuck against the wall, not trapped

43:30 – no locked door at top. Odd because it's there when I look at the room in ZQ.

44:44 – already got silver arrow in Mirrors. Maybe another key and adding another lock on the main path. Or whatever else you prefer.

Is the Boomerang 3 in the illusion Kokiri Village shop the same as in the one in Excavation?

==============================================

37:75 – very leftmost part of land can't walk up or down. See picture for position.

IPB Image

======================================

43:50 – odd undercombos. Actually creates extra land seen after hitting orb

IPB Image

=======================================

44:00 – space directly below Link solid block

IPB Image

========================================

44:10 – space directly right of the girl on the right is a solid block

IPB Image

=========================================

0 user(s) are reading this topic