Photo

What are the absolutely "must play" quests that you know?

quest best must play zelda classic`

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 orlandoalmario

orlandoalmario

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:22 AM

Zelda_Likes_Link_small.jpg

Hello everyone! 

My name is Orlando, I am currently working on an article for my newsletter were I am reviewing some awesome tools for people to make their own zelda games and levels. 

I found Zelda quest on my research and  I can tell by looking at the forums that this is a very passionate community about zelda, That is so awesome!  

I need your help, I would like to make a small tutorial about how to get it running and play some custom quests. I am sure you have played thousands of hours and have some quests that are just so good, the "must play" kind of thing. 

what quest would you recommend? if we  were to make a top 3 what would you include? 

Thank you a lot for your help! if you are interested, you can check my newsletter here: https://orla.games

• Twilight Knight, Shane, Jared and 2 others like this

#2 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to the forum!

In terms of recommended quests, if you're looking for Zelda-like quests then I would have to recommend Depths of Malice and Panoply of Calatia. Though, if you're looking for quests that are as good but not as Zelda-like, I would recommend Rite of the Storm and The Slipstream.

There are many more amazing quests on this site, each with their own sub-genres, which you would probably enjoy as much as the ones I recommended above, but these are the current quests which came to my mind. I was tempted to self-insert my own quests into the list, but I can't do that!

Good luck with your newsletter, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

• Rambly, Shane, Jared and 3 others like this

#3 orlandoalmario

orlandoalmario

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:50 AM

Welcome to the forum!

In terms of recommended quests, if you're looking for Zelda-like quests then I would have to recommend Depths of Malice and Panoply of Calatia. Though, if you're looking for quests that are as good but not as Zelda-like, I would recommend Rite of the Storm and The Slipstream.

There are many more amazing quests on this site, each with their own sub-genres, which you would probably enjoy as much as the ones I recommended above, but these are the current quests which came to my mind. I was tempted to self-insert my own quests into the list, but I can't do that!

Good luck with your newsletter, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Thank you! I have heard of Depths of Malice on the subreddit I found, I will be super sure to check it out. I will try and look throught the forums but with my tigth schedule it is hard. 

thank you again for taking the time to recommend! 

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:22 AM

Welcome! Thanks for considering making an article about Zelda Classic, that's really cool :)

The latest version of ZC you can find here https://www.zeldacla....com/downloads/

To play a quest you follow these steps:
- put the quest file, as well as any required music files into your folder
- use the launcher to edit your settings and start ZC
- check your controls
- in the file select screen, make a new save file

- then keep hitting the A button until it asks you to search for a .qst file and select it
- press start to play

My top 3 recommended quests would be Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2, Go Gollab and Yuurei.

Edited by Rekiron, 19 January 2021 - 11:24 AM.

• Rambly, Shane and Matthew like this

#5 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 January 2021 - 11:27 AM

I'd like to throw in some suggestions too:
The Legend of Amy Rose 3: Oracle of the Emerald a spiritual sequel to Oracle of Ages that somehow just works.
Second Chance an open world miniquest with its own universe.
- ZScript Havoc a quest that dabbles in the chaos of ZScript producing whacky concepts.
- The Forbidden City a large quest that has plenty of modern Zelda features.

• Avaro, Jared and Matthew like this

#6 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:27 PM

Trying to be objective, I'll plug The Forbidden City for having ZC-novel features like a playable ocarina, gasha seeds, or a waterfall of wishing. Then Link's Quest for the Hookshot 2 and Isle of Rebirth for being influential quests which showed how much you could get creative and play along with the engine, respectively in the Zelda 1 and the game boy tileset. There are other great quests I want to mention, but I'm just naming three as requested.

Edited by Jamian, 19 January 2021 - 02:28 PM.

• Rambly likes this

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 19 January 2021 - 02:40 PM

Man, I came here with all sorts of quests to recommend... and found that people have already recommended most of them. I'd agree with just about everything mentioned above. The main one I'd add is Moosh's 7th Quest; it's a newer quest that tries to be mostly NES style but has all sorts of cool mechanics and items.

Thank you! I have heard of Depths of Malice on the subreddit I found, I will be super sure to check it out. I will try and look throught the forums but with my tigth schedule it is hard.

Do you happen to have a link? As the author of Depths of Malice, I'm hoping to update the quest soon-ish to address people's biggest complains and comments, so I am somewhat interested in seeing what people there had to say about it.

#8 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:17 PM

Welcome to PureZC! Another classic is The Hero's Memory by Aevin. :)

• Rambly likes this

#9 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 19 January 2021 - 05:54 PM

I was going to recommend that, Jared!

Also, Antiquity by Saffith is one any NES fan can't miss.

• Rambly likes this

#10 Professor Bedwetter

Professor Bedwetter

Strangers when we meet

• Members

Posted 20 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

Zelda's Butt is the last great 2.10 quest and definitely the zenith of its genre, as it were.

• Rambly and peteandwally like this

#11 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 21 January 2021 - 12:16 AM

Why not Linked Seasons? I hear the dev is very handsome. :heh:
  • Nathaniel, nicklegends, Colin and 1 other like this

#12 orlandoalmario

orlandoalmario

• Members

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:15 PM

Hello Guys! 

I have been very busy with work and life this week, thank you all for your responses, I will try and play what I can and select three to recommend, that said after seeing how much content there is in this thread I think I could make a future post only about Zelda Classic. It really amazes me how many adventure/zelda fans there are! As with many, this game series is the reason I became a game developer. 

Man, I came here with all sorts of quests to recommend... and found that people have already recommended most of them. I'd agree with just about everything mentioned above. The main one I'd add is Moosh's 7th Quest; it's a newer quest that tries to be mostly NES style but has all sorts of cool mechanics and items.

Do you happen to have a link? As the author of Depths of Malice, I'm hoping to update the quest soon-ish to address people's biggest complains and comments, so I am somewhat interested in seeing what people there had to say about it.

I tried to find the reddit, but couldn't! 

once again thank you everyone! I will be back with a link to the article! 

• Russ and Eddy like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quest, best, must play, zelda classic`

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users