The Liberation of Hyrule released

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#46 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

So I know I was told in the beginning to go to the base in the forest maze to the west. The problem is, I've gotten into the tree building in the forest but there's nothing there. Zelda's instructions aren't helping me go through the maze...

#47 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE(Pokemonmaster64 @ Mar 5 2012, 10:34 PM) View Post

So I know I was told in the beginning to go to the base in the forest maze to the west. The problem is, I've gotten into the tree building in the forest but there's nothing there. Zelda's instructions aren't helping me go through the maze...

there's nothing on the tree building, is only a control to say your password
see shadow hint,, or better yet go down and stay closed to the wall so don't get hurt
walk to the left (closed to the wall) next go up, don' enter the tree go left instead
you will come out on the top left side of that tree >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> go left !

#48 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:52 AM

OK so now I've found the rebel base (that was an awesome puzzle BTW) and I kinda wish I hadn't. The thing about Armageddon Quest Forever that I liked was that there was really no way to cheat (well there was, but I only abused it to get infinite money because I hate grinding and luck based stuff). Now I'll forever have this vile urge to buy all the stuff in the shops...

#49 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

That's strange. I don't have control over when the guard appears or not. Even if you didn't talk to Zelda, James should automatically know the password. Its just a regular guy/string screen.

Well done on figuring it out Poke. Ah the cheat shops. Don't be tempted unless you're really suffering.

You'll be happy to know there is infinite money in my quest and you can get to it after level 6 with no cheating. But there are also vile creatures in the dungeons that charge door repairs of 999 rupees. Before that there should be no shortage of money in the dungeons and in the overworld. And if you run out of those all you need to do is beat a few super darknuts or blue wizzrobes because they have all the $$$.

And the thing is that its always possible to cheat on ZC coz of the f3 key. If you can pause the game whilst looking at the enemy - you can beat *almost* anything. I did that a few times on AQ when I first started to clear some really tough rooms. So its not as if I could stop someone from cheating if they really wanted to anyways.

And one last thing, how did you get infinite rupees?

Edited by James24, 06 March 2012 - 10:07 AM.

#50 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 6 2012, 10:04 AM) View Post

That's strange. I don't have control over when the guard appears or not. Even if you didn't talk to Zelda, James should automatically know the password. Its just a regular guy/string screen.

Well done on figuring it out Poke. Ah the cheat shops. Don't be tempted unless you're really suffering.

You'll be happy to know there is infinite money in my quest and you can get to it after level 6 with no cheating. But there are also vile creatures in the dungeons that charge door repairs of 999 rupees. Before that there should be no shortage of money in the dungeons and in the overworld. And if you run out of those all you need to do is beat a few super darknuts or blue wizzrobes because they have all the $$$.

And the thing is that its always possible to cheat on ZC coz of the f3 key. If you can pause the game whilst looking at the enemy - you can beat *almost* anything. I did that a few times on AQ when I first started to clear some really tough rooms. So its not as if I could stop someone from cheating if they really wanted to anyways.

And one last thing, how did you get infinite rupees?

So I've made the decision to copy my file and start a file where I cheat while preserving my original untainted one. This is probably the hardest quest I've ever played. I just got the sword on the normal file, but even on the cheat file I'm getting my butt kicked in some rooms...I doubt I'll ever finish it fairly.

I cheated money on AQF by making a file with the same name and header and giving the magic wallet in init data and then switching the files. The hardest part was guessing which screen to start Link on on the fake file so he wouldn't start in a wall when I did the switch.

I'm curious, did you cheat in any way while testing this quest? I know I'm using scripted stuff (simulated lag) to give me the upper hand in my super difficult quest since I don't have the reflexes you and OUCH! seem to have...

#51 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 5 2012, 08:47 PM) View Post

Ariel and sctmorgan, I wasn't trying to stigmatize anyone with the cheat shops. I'm sorry if you feel that way. But when I knew that when I wrote this that only the very best players could complete this quest, and only when they are playing at the height of their powers. The cheat shops are the one concession that I am willing to make to the average players - so that they may truly appreciate how good a pro ZC player is and what they should strive to be.

Please, take a good look around and someday when you're a lot better, try this quest again - it might not be so hard then icon_smile.gif

Don't worry -- I'm not offended! icon_smile.gif You might just try different wording, like "adept" or "expert" for those who don't buy any of the items or equipment, and "average player" (as you did above), instead of "cheater" and maybe "concession shop" instead of "cheat shops." You want to make the "average player" feel good, too! This quest is quite challenging even with all the "help." I really like the idea of a tutorial quest to learn and master all the tricks. And may I say, it's been really fun to play with some really original ideas! icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

#52 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

Poke, I beta tested this quest 3 times without cheating before I released it. Its possible and doable - but only barely - and only by a pro.

Thank you for your input Ariel. Yes, I will change the wording of those shops but since its a minor thing I won't update it unless someone finds a major bug. I originally didn't want to put in those shops and they were a last minute thing that I put in only because I was hounded by my testers. I gave in very reluctantly and hence the wording. I also wanted to discourage players from taking the concessions on a whim.

I'll say that I am very sorry for any offence I caused to "average players" by my referral to "cheats" - but I never intended to - I was just having a go at my testers.

Oh one other thing. I never tested my game with concessions. You may encounter bugs if you use concessions. I think someone earlier in the forum went into the spiked dodongo room after opening a lockblock and taking the wand and it caused a bug. That wasn't supposed to happen because you were never meant to open that lockblock in the first place. There's a simple solution to fixing those bugs - don't use concessions icon_smile.gif

As for the super difficult quest Poke, bring it on. I'd be happy to help you test and let you know whether only "average players" would find it difficult - or whether it is truly difficult.

Edited by James24, 06 March 2012 - 09:35 PM.

#53 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE(arieltap @ Mar 6 2012, 04:39 PM) View Post

Don't worry -- I'm not offended! icon_smile.gif You might just try different wording, like "adept" or "expert" for those who don't buy any of the items or equipment, and "average player" (as you did above), instead of "cheater" and maybe "concession shop" instead of "cheat shops." You want to make the "average player" feel good, too! This quest is quite challenging even with all the "help." I really like the idea of a tutorial quest to learn and master all the tricks. And may I say, it's been really fun to play with some really original ideas! icon_thumbsup.gif icon_thumbsup.gif

You have always been an adept with words, Arieltap! icon_lol.gif I am heading into level 9 now, forget that raft thing. Can't even get halfway in the time allotted.

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 6 2012, 07:17 PM) View Post

Poke, I beta tested this quest 3 times without cheating before I released it. Its possible and doable - but only barely - and only by a pro.

Those wind 'robes before Ganon, just plain mean! icon_freak.gif icon_sweat.gif icon_glare.gif icon_superevil.gif
Ok, start again..

#54 arieltap

arieltap

Adept

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

As far as I can see, the ending is the same, whether you go through all the rooms, defeat Ganon, or just give up your items to the scientists. Great quest, James! I'll try the pro method someday when I'm a better player. Thanks for some fully enjoyable playing hours! icon_biggrin.gif

#55 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(arieltap @ Mar 7 2012, 02:21 PM) View Post

As far as I can see, the ending is the same, whether you go through all the rooms, defeat Ganon, or just give up your items to the scientists. Great quest, James! I'll try the pro method someday when I'm a better player. Thanks for some fully enjoyable playing hours! icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, I was expecting something different after killing Ganon, mmmm odd

Edited by Mister Snooze, 07 March 2012 - 04:54 PM.

#56 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

"Watch this room closely. (OUCH!'s original idea)"
What am I supposed to do here (on the no good low down dirty cheater file icon_razz.gif)? Is this a glitch in ZC I don't know about?

Edit: Facepalm! I thought you expected me to clip into the enclosed area somehow. The real answer was SO MUCH less ridiculous!

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 07 March 2012 - 05:33 PM.

#57 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Mr. Snooze, the wind wizzrobes can be defeated by thinking very carefully about your strategy.

Ariel, there are two diffent endings but it isn't influenced by whether or not you go through the rooms and defeat ganon or use the master key. You can either give away your items to the scientists or do as James thinks at the very end...

Poke, as an Armageddon Quest Forever fan, surely you would have seen his work in getting the bait in the forest restaurant?

#58 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 7 2012, 08:08 PM) View Post

Mr. Snooze, the wind wizzrobes can be defeated by thinking very carefully about your strategy.

Ariel, there are two diffent endings but it isn't influenced by whether or not you go through the rooms and defeat ganon or use the master key. You can either give away your items to the scientists or do as James thinks at the very end...

Poke, as an Armageddon Quest Forever fan, surely you would have seen his work in getting the bait in the forest restaurant?

As an Armageddon Quest Forever fan, I try to play fair (at least by my standards) and so I have never made it that far. icon_razz.gif

It's a good quest, but DAMN it's hard. And the original was even nastier!

#59 James24

James24

Adept

• Banned

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

Oh I see. Mmm...that could be a problem in getting there. My suggestion to you Poke, if you want to have "reflexes as good as mine and OUCH" is to play Armageddon Quest Forever because it is (relatively) easy. Then play Armageddon Quest. Then play mine coz I think mine is slightly more difficult than Armageddon Quest judging from the time I spent and the deaths encountered whilst playing.

Spend many hours playing them over and over coz you need to train, train and train if you want to be a good swordsman. After a while, you learn how to anticipate the enemies movement, defend yourself against their attacks and attack effectively. Good luck!

#60 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(James24 @ Mar 7 2012, 06:08 PM) View Post

Yes I got it and Ganon too but did I miss a different ending? Or did I just misunderstand about there being a different ending?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users