Yooka-Laylee

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 01:08 PM

Yesterday I was lamenting that I was flat broke and wouldn't be able to fund the Kickstarter whenever it went up.

This morning I saw that not only was it up, it was 200% funded. So even if I'd had the money it wouldn't have made a difference.

I'll still kick in when I get my next paycheck though, if only to get something cool.

Edited by Fabbrizio, 01 May 2015 - 01:09 PM.

#47 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

That music is pretty damn good. Also I didn't realize the console code was going to be about ten dollars more than the Steam code... Ah well, I'll probably back it anyway, for consoles, since I'm pretty sure my PC may not be able to handle it at full specs, and I want those full specs.

That music though. That Kirkhope. That Wise. I want this game.

• Ventus likes this

#48 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

The Jungle theme is very reminiscent of a slowed down Treasure Trove Cove. It's got Kirkhope all over it.

• Ventus likes this

#49 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

No words needed.

• Haylee, Jared and Ventus like this

#50 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 01 May 2015 - 04:49 PM

Grant Kirkhope is so magical, that he just needs to play some basic Kazoo and Ukulele to warm everyone's hearts.

• Jared likes this

#51 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Also I found this gem in there:

Yes, we employ the man responsible for DK64's myriad of trinkets, but we've had a stern word.

• Jared likes this

#52 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:13 PM

No words needed.

Why am I reminded of Yoshi's New Island music with that kazoo?  Lol.  Anyway, it sounds like it could be a theme song for this game.

#53 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:22 PM

... it's Spiral Mountain from Banjo-Kazooie. So no.

#54 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:51 PM

There are people already calling it the best game of all time, and it's not even out yet.  A word of advice:  Don't get too much into the hype.  Set your expectations low, so that you don't end up being disappointed from something that was overhyped, and can't possibly live up to expectations.

• HavoX likes this

#55 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:05 PM

Hm, earlier I looked at the Kickstarter and it said that there was a boxed copy of the console versions. Is it gone, or am I just going crazy?

Edited by Jared, 01 May 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#56 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:07 PM

Best game of all time? Surely that's impossible when it isn't called Xenoblade Chronicles X.

...Wait, I think I took Koh's post there the wrong way. Anyways, while I can't say this game is gonna be best game material, if it isn't a really good one I'll eat my shorts.

#57 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

There are people already calling it the best game of all time, and it's not even out yet.  A word of advice:  Don't get too much into the hype.  Set your expectations low, so that you don't end up being disappointed from something that was overhyped, and can't possibly live up to expectations.

It's being made by the same people from the DKC, BK/BT, and DK64 teams. Be a little more positive, would ya?

• Fabbrizio, Shane and Ventus like this

#58 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:07 PM

Very much true, people should be more positive about it. Its made by the Dream Team spoken of in legends. So its not a bunch of people we have never heard of like most indie devs.

We all kinda know what type of game they are making, so our hype is pretty high as we have not had a game of this type in a long long fucking time. At least its bound to be better then those pissing CoD/Halo games.

• Shane likes this

#59 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:16 PM

Its made by the Dream Team spoken of in legends.

You mean these guys:

dream-team-1992.jpg

Nah they made Barkley's Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden. chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f

• Shane and HavoX like this

#60 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 01 May 2015 - 10:18 PM

I'm not saying to expect it to be a bad game or anything, but if you put it on a pedestal it can't possibly rise up to, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  It's sort of what's happening with Digimon Tri right now, and I'm thinking people are gonna flip their lids when it's not at all how they built it up to be.  Just look at it like "Oh, that's cool, I'll check it out when it comes out" instead of saying things like "It'll be the most epic thing since buttered bread!" and you'll be fine.

Also, the surge of fanart came pretty fast, lol.  

Edited by Koh, 01 May 2015 - 10:18 PM.

• HavoX likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users