• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Spoiler

The block pushing area is getting scrapped and the Eternal Corridor shall take its place, though it will still have block puzzles.

I am trying to get make warps that you can't walk around, because it'd be very easy to break this area due to the way it works. Any advice?

Edited by Nekoishi, 27 December 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#2 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

hmm... have more than one tile be a warp. If you notice a spot that you can walk around a warp at, just add in another warp tile that is set to the appropriate warp for the area you want them in at the time.
Also, I do love that floor... does it change colour at all?

#3 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

The problem is that I can just walk across the top half of the warp and bypass it entirely. I've been using the stairs warps and I don't know which other warp type would work well.

As for the floor changing color, sadly it doesn't. However, my warp tiles for this area are based on that floor and they do a little metamorphasis from the full color black tiles to the four little square black tiles to the four little square green tiles to full green tiles and back. I'm kinda proud of how it looks for how little it took to make. I do want to make the stars twinkle, but feel it might lead to too much movement on the screen?

Thanks for your input!

#4 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:29 AM

Hmm... There is a way to fix it so they can't walk past the top of the tile by changing the walkability, either with an invisible layer tile or on the warp tile itself. Unfortunately I am not on my computer so I can't show any examples until I get home

#5 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:03 AM

I actually tried that, but then I couldn't walk far enough into the tile to activate the warp. Zelda Classic can be realllly dumb when it wants to be.

#6 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

Can't you use a sensitive type warp?

#7 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

Can't you use a sensitive type warp?

Wouldn't I then have to design around the increased range of it? Most of the warps are scrolling warps, by the way. using sensitive warps with that sounds like you could be caught in an infinite loop very easily.

#8 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

hmm, try having it on the next tile then so you have more space perhaps instead of the warptile itself?
As for the sensitive warp, so long as you place the arrival square in a position that wouldn't lead to the next screen's warp in the same direction as where the player is pressing to walk you should be good :) In my quest I know I had to be careful of that as one part had a major loop if you weren't careful until I moved the square to the opposite side of where I had it in relation to the warp

#9 justin

justin

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:44 PM

If I understand your problem, you don't want the player to be able to walk around a warp tile, and they currently can because only part of the tile triggers the warp.
The sensitive combos mean that the whole tile triggers the effect, whereas it is usually just the top half (I think). Sounds like exactly what you'd what for your situation. If I'm not understanding your question correctly then just ignore me. Otherwise, at least test it out.

And ya, you're going to want to warp the player to a non-warp combo, or else they will probably just keep warping.

#10 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:10 PM

Tried sensitive warps, and they fixed one problem while adding another. Some of the scrolling warps on the sides of the screen are easy to trigger from the wrong direction. No idea how to get around this.

#11 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

{...}Some of the scrolling warps on the sides of the screen are easy to trigger from the wrong direction. No idea how to get around this.

How do you mean by this?

#12 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:03 PM

One of them I was able to somehow walk into from the left when it shouldn't have been possible and it threw me to a screen that wasn't supposed to be accessible that way. It could have just been a freak accident, though?

#13 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

hmm, that's wierd... did you make sure all the warps where set up to go to the right screen? And for the scrolling warps, are they side warps or tile warps?

#14 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:30 PM

They're all tile warps, and yeah, I had them all to the correct screen before.

#15 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

did you adjust any of your map settings? and did you maybe click the flag to make all warps direct, or perhaps set up that one warp in particular as a direct warp?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users