+1 dungeon

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:51 AM

Started it soon after waking up and just finished it. I recommend grabbing some arrows first, and the entrance to the new dungeon is in the upper left screen.
It's 17 screens of dungeony goodnesscitation needed
  • Jared likes this

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:14 PM

I hit some things with my sword and didn't even get hit by lightning once! Given the music choices I was a little disappointed by the lack of death lightning. Please add some death lightning.

• ShadowTiger and Plutia like this

#3 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

I hit some things with my sword and didn't even get hit by lightning once! Given the music choices I was a little disappointed by the lack of death lightning. Please add some death lightning.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I have no idea how to script

#4 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

dGXGG.png

Now all I need is death lightning. *wink wink*

Edited by Nekoishi, 23 December 2014 - 05:24 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#5 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I have no idea how to script

I don't think you need to script to do it. I think that if you are clever with the timing you can just use combo cycling with a damage combo, so you can have what looks like a bolt of lightning (using an overlhead layer) striking a ground tile that, when cycled to, will do x amount of damage... unless you want it to shoot lightning across the screen, in which case you just have what would be the overhead on the ground tiles too (layer 1) with damage as well. Baam, death lightning with no scripts ;) You could probably do it with triggers and secret tiles too now that I think of it :P

#6 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

I don't think you need to script to do it. I think that if you are clever with the timing you can just use combo cycling with a damage combo, so you can have what looks like a bolt of lightning (using an overlhead layer) striking a ground tile that, when cycled to, will do x amount of damage... unless you want it to shoot lightning across the screen, in which case you just have what would be the overhead on the ground tiles too (layer 1) with damage as well. Baam, death lightning with no scripts ;) You could probably do it with triggers and secret tiles too now that I think of it :P

I'm still really new to this, I haven't touched layers at allll. I guess I can see about trying to get this to work though!

#7 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

I'm still really new to this, I haven't touched layers at allll. I guess I can see about trying to get this to work though!

Layers are really simple :) I don't know how much you know of layers, so I'll give a small simple rundown on them: layers 1&2 are ground layers (often used for mountain ledges and such that would leave black on layer 0 along with the graphic you intended to have) layers 3&4 are overhead, so basically things you can walk under such as tree tops, and 5&6 are the very upper layers, which I usually use for things from the sky, such as rain or snow. What I usually do is have a map just for layers paired with every map (For instance, the overworld map {map 1} would use map 2 as it's layer map, and dungeon 1 {map 3} would use map 4 for layers), and I keep track of what screens I don't use layers on in order to use them for screens needing two or more layers.
The only thing you have to really remember is to switch back to the proper layer afterwards unless you want to redo a whole bunch of screen designing... something I've had to do many a time :derp:

#8 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

Well, the part I would need an explanation for would be more the combo cycling. I'll probably try to figure out later tonight or tomorrow morning.

#9 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

I haven't set it up myself, but from what I gather it's almost like setting up custom animated tiles, but instead of choosing tiles from the tile editor, you are choosing already set up tiles. You still choose the delays and such I think, but it's probably best to look up how to do them and expiriment, or have someone with a lot more experience to explain it.

#10 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

I was serious when I said I wanted death lightning! :superevil:

(Even if you don't end up using this I plan to use it in a future quest so no worries.)

const int CMB_EODR_LIGHTNING = 892; //The combo with the 10x2 graphic used for the lightning. Can be animated.
const int CS_EODR_LIGHTNING = 7; //The CSet used for the lightning
const int SFX_EODR_LIGHTNING = 61; //The sound that plays when the lightning strikes
const int EODR_HP_PERCENTAGE = 25; //The percentage of HP the lightning takes.

//D0: Set to the flag used to mark holy objects

ffc script EyeofDivineRetribution{
	//You'll have to edit this function if you edit your ring items
	int RingMultiplier(){
		if(Link->Item[I_RING3])
			return 8;
		if(Link->Item[I_RING2])
			return 4;
		if(Link->Item[I_RING1])
			return 2;
		return 1;
	}
	bool ComboFlagCollision(int X, int Y, int Flag){
		for(int x=0; x<3; x++){
			for(int y=0; y<3; y++){
				if(ComboFI(X+x*8, Y+y*8, Flag))
					return true;
			}
		}
		return false;
	}
	void run(int Flag){
		while(true){
			for(int i=1; i<=Screen->NumLWeapons(); i++){
				lweapon l = Screen->LoadLWeapon(i);
				if(l->ID==LW_SWORD&&ComboFlagCollision(l->X, l->Y, Flag)){
					int Damage = Link->MaxHP*EODR_HP_PERCENTAGE/400*RingMultiplier();
					Game->PlaySound(SFX_EODR_LIGHTNING);
					int Angle = Angle(this->X, this->Y, Link->X, Link->Y);
					for(int j=0; j<10; j++){
						int X = this->X+8+VectorX(80, Angle)-80;
						int Y = this->Y+8+VectorY(80, Angle)-16;
						Screen->DrawCombo(3, X, Y, CMB_EODR_LIGHTNING, 10, 2, CS_EODR_LIGHTNING, -1, -1, X, Y, Angle, -1, 0, true, 128);
						WaitNoAction();
					}
					eweapon e = CreateEWeaponAt(EW_SCRIPT10, Link->X, Link->Y);
					e->Damage = Damage;
					e->DrawYOffset = -1000;
					e->Dir = Link->Dir;
					Waitframes(40);
					break;
				}
			}
			Waitframe();
		}
	}
}

http://www.mediafire...b28j09/EoDR.zip

The script is pretty simple to use. You set the numbers in all those constants at the top, place down an eye with the script, set D0 to the flag marking holy objects, and you're done. Getting the lightning to animate right, on the other hand, is not so easy. You might want to look at the example file.

#11 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:42 AM

Oh my god I love you

Well I already did because your quests are awesome but I love you

Oh my god it's even percentage based I was about to sleep I'll throw this in in the morning and probably add a ton more places to get zapped with

Edited by Nekoishi, 24 December 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#12 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:27 AM

it looks green in the overworld palette when I load it in, and that's the one I use for the guidance gate. minor issue. still pretty awesome though.

got it looking right now, now i'm just kinda unsure about how to get the death lightning going.

Edited by Nekoishi, 24 December 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#13 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 24 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

You'll want to find an empty tile page and use the grab feature in the Select Tile (t) window. In the grab menu you can hold shift to select a larger block of tiles. If you're using Classic you can grab the block of lightning tiles with no trouble and it should rip perfectly. If not you'll have to fiddle with the recolor option or recolor it manually.

From there you go into the combo list (k) and edit a new combo. Make it the top left corner of the first horizontal lightning frame and set A.SkipX to 9 and A.SkipY to 1. For A.Frames and A.Speed I used 3 and 2, but you can mess with those if you want to add more frames or make it flash at a different speed than mine. If the combo looks like it's flashing and not bugging out when you close the combo list you did it right.

Then in the actual script file, you want to set the number after CMB_EODR_LIGHTNING to the number of the custom combo used for the lightning and the number after CS_EODR_LIGHTNING to the CSet of the lightning. In unmodified Classic the CSet should be left at 7 for blue lightning. Set SFX_EODR_LIGHTNING to the number of a custom sound if you want to use one or set it to 0 for no sound. EODR_HP_PERCENTAGE is the percentage of your HP it deals. Have that be a number less than 100 and you're good. Have it be close to or over 100 for fantastic instant killing adventures.

Sorry I just shoved a fairly complex script into your hands when you're still new to ZQuest. :sorry:

#14 DCEnygma

DCEnygma

you're going to have a bad time

• Members

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

I like the screens I've seen from your quest, Neko and I plan on checking it out this week sometime. :)

Sorry I just shoved a fairly complex script into your hands when you're still new to ZQuest. :sorry:

In other terms: You just got Mooshed.

#15 Plutia

Plutia

CPU of Planeptune

• Members

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:27 AM

You'll want to find an empty tile page and use the grab feature in the Select Tile (t) window. In the grab menu you can hold shift to select a larger block of tiles. If you're using Classic you can grab the block of lightning tiles with no trouble and it should rip perfectly. If not you'll have to fiddle with the recolor option or recolor it manually.

From there you go into the combo list (k) and edit a new combo. Make it the top left corner of the first horizontal lightning frame and set A.SkipX to 9 and A.SkipY to 1. For A.Frames and A.Speed I used 3 and 2, but you can mess with those if you want to add more frames or make it flash at a different speed than mine. If the combo looks like it's flashing and not bugging out when you close the combo list you did it right.

Then in the actual script file, you want to set the number after CMB_EODR_LIGHTNING to the number of the custom combo used for the lightning and the number after CS_EODR_LIGHTNING to the CSet of the lightning. In unmodified Classic the CSet should be left at 7 for blue lightning. Set SFX_EODR_LIGHTNING to the number of a custom sound if you want to use one or set it to 0 for no sound. EODR_HP_PERCENTAGE is the percentage of your HP it deals. Have that be a number less than 100 and you're good. Have it be close to or over 100 for fantastic instant killing adventures.

No worries, I actually already figured out a bit of this, and had the deahty part going, just not the lightning itself. I was just confused as to how one tile would become a bunch at once. thanks for the help!

Edited by Nekoishi, 24 December 2014 - 11:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users