Level 3 Progress Report

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Limebeer

Limebeer

You can do anything with the abuse of the Animal Husbandry skill

• Members

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:38 AM

Ah yes, finally, some concrete work is underway! The first floor is done, layout wise, and 12 screens (essentially the first half) of the second floor is layed out and completed. All that's left for it is the second half of the second floor to be done as well as the boss floor, as well as adding in the enemies for the level. All in all, I'd say this level is about half completed. I might change some aesthetics, but that's to be decided later.

I'll admit, this floor and dungeon is getting a bit out of hand in size as it's already almost as large as I originally planned and the layout just keeps morphing as it grows in order to flow. That's the problem I am finding with free-drawing the dungeons as well as going for aesthetics. It just keeps growing as you run into problems in not only current but future layouts that you have to adjust for, often leading to rearrangings... but in the end, I know I'll be quite pleased with it, but still quite annoying to have to do it this way :P

Speaking of annoying, I just reminded myself i have to still make that custom boss I've been planning. Not for this level, thankfully,but for the next one I'll be working on. It'll also lead to making some new enemies, but that'll be something for another day. But I can say, if I can make the enemies/boss the way i want to have them, then fans of Link's Awakning will enjoy it :bounce:

#2 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

Larger... it's growing larger :omg:  Holy crap, I thought I was finally ready to start working on the last screens, but I found a spot that I forgot to add a warp point to to get to a part to th first floor... so now I have to add another addition to the bottom floor.... ahh and it totally ruined the layout that was lookin all even and good! But atleast that means I can add in something that has been missing :bounce:
The bottom floor is now 31 screens large as of this post, and still has atleast 7 more screens to be added... as a minimum :badrazz: Not including the boss floor :doh:

#3 Limebeer

Limebeer

• Members

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

Floor 1 - Layout complete - enemies - complete! (don't hate me.... and stock up on bombs...)
Floor 2 - Layout complete - enemies - underway!
Floor 3 - Hahaha, yeah, haven't even started yet... but won't be too bad or take too long, you'll see! I'm completely trustworthy in enemy fairess! You believe me, don't you? :puppyeyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users