Photo

Water

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

I gave up all drinks but water, imma be healthy. But really though, I strongly recommend reading this article, used by the publishing of 420 magazine.

Drink More Water When You Smoke Cannabis

85% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated. In 47% of Americans (especially the elderly) the thirst mechanism is so weak it is often mistaken for hunger. Even MILD hydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 40%. One glass of water shuts down hunger pangs for almost 100% of dieters. Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

Lack of water is the #1 cause of constipation. Lack of water is the # 1 cause false signs of dementia or memory loss. Dehydration mimics heart attack symptoms. Water clears the complexion and removes impurities from the body. Water aids in & improves digestion. 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for 80% of sufferers & lubricates joints

A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short term memory, confusion, trouble with basic math and difficulty focusing on computer screen or printed page. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily, decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45% plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

If You Wait Until You're Thirsty, to drink, You're Already Dehydrated. Water regulates your body's temperature. Elderly people often feel chilled in the heat because they do not drink enough water. You cant depend on thirst as a signal to drink. Having a dry mouth is a later sign of dehydration. Only as dehydration progresses do you notice that you're thirsty. In addition, the thirst sensation also diminishes with age so you may not know you are thirsty.

Becoming dehydrated can be serious enough to cause a stroke!

"Most of us do not drink enough water, and as a result, our blood becomes more viscous, increasing the likelihood that a clot will suddenly form at the site of a plaque formation."
- American Medical Association

How do you know you are dehydrated? Symptoms include :

Dizziness
Headache
Dark urine (may have a strong odor)
Inability to urinate
Dry mouth and nose
Weakness
Chills
Fatigue
Nausea and vomiting
Dry mouth and tongue

Dehydration Symptoms in the Elderly:

Dehydration symptoms in the elderly can be different than in young adults. Medications that the elderly take are much more likely to lead to dehydration in that population. One particular symptom of dehydration more pronounced in the elderly is poor skin elasticity. When the skin is pinched, it holds its form rather than returning to its normal shape.

How much water have you had today?

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

I drink water often; for that matter, I have a Super Mario Bros. 2 mug (one of these to be exact), it's about eight inches tall with a four-inch diameter. I fill it up almost all the way and drink it all before I go to bed; yes, I do wake up having to pee really bad. icon_deformed.gif (although sometimes I drink it slowly enough that I take a bathroom break before I actually go to bed)

I also drink it when I've been doing some kind of strenuous activity or have been out in the sun for a while; I've grown to like water more as I've gotten older, whereas as a kid I would avoid the stuff like the plague if I could, except an occasional sip or two from the drinking fountain. I still won't drink only water with meals, but if I'm not eating, I can settle for a glass of water alone if I'm thirsty, though usually prefer something else.

Also because it's obligatory:

WATER!!!!
*splash*

#3 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I started drinking a lot of water this (and last) year, because I've learnt how good it is for you, and that made me learn how to 'like' it more, I never drank it before unless I was really thirsty and had nothing else.

Now for eating food I always take milk, and when eating anything sweet I always take water. I can sometimes drink soda (if that's what you call it), but that's only like one or two times per month, but I prefer not to.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Water sucks. It really, really sucks.

In all seriousness, I'm really not fond of it and prefer to drink something that tastes good.

#5 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

I drink plenty of water every day. Unfortunately, I'm not disciplined enough to stick to just water as a beverage. I've known people who refuse to drink water, and I find that to be unfortunate. Soda, sugar drinks, coffee, milk, beer, etc. should never be considered substitutes for water, because they simply aren't. In fact, some of them, like beer, as much as I enjoy a six pack on the weekend, can in fact make you more thirsty. The satisfaction of quenching your thirst is best done with water, and for me, that satisfaction takes precedence over any desire for flavoring. I also like to drink Seltzer water, for that carbonation without the calories.

#6 Mero

Mero

Touch Fluffy Tail

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Drinking water today because I'm all out of Crystal Light. icon_frown.gif
God I hate my llife.

#7 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I've trained myself to drink way more water in the past year and a half or so. I used to drink soda pretty much nearly exclusively... but ever since I started sticking to just water, I haven't been able to stand drinking soda. I hate the sweet taste that lingers in my mouth when I do drink it. I have to wash it down with water afterwards. D:

#8 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

Wow, for quite some time now, I've had most of the symptoms of being chronically dehydrated. Very bad joint pains, pale skin, acne,(if that's related) and terrible headaches and I barely drink water. It's just so boring tasting. But now I think I'm going to drink alot more now that I read this. I think I'll be much healthier if I drink more water.

#9 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Acne is indeed related to what you intake, but isn't limited to how much water you drink. Eating junk food and drinking lots of soda causes more acne, whereas healthy eating and drinking more water helps to keep it down. But then so does washing your face and just generally keeping your body cleansed; it's not just one factor, it's multiple.

I think what it was for me was being "conditioned" to like water more. In school, we were allowed to bring water bottles to classrooms, so my mom sent one with me every day. I guess eventually I grew used to it and started to like drinking water more, and looking back, I'm kind of glad that was the case.

#10 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:18 PM

If you avoid drinking water because it's "oohh it doesn't satisfy my sweet tooth" or "it's bland and boring" then may you choose that. But in the long run you're just shortening your life span, in my humble opinion. Out bodies are composed mostly of water, so when you deny it for those reasons or more; it's stupid as hell.

#11 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(Scootaloo @ Apr 26 2012, 03:56 PM) View Post

Water sucks. It really, really sucks.

In all seriousness, I'm really not fond of it and prefer to drink something that tastes good.

You should try adding a bit of those Crystal Light instant lemonade packs or something, not enough that you're sucking on sugar but just enough to give it a light sweetness and take away the "water flavor" so to speak.

I probably (definitely) don't drink enough water but I have made the transition from regular to diet soda so I've lost some weight and have been a bit healthier for the last couple of months.

#12 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:43 PM

I only drink water.

For those complaining of the taste: Tap-water tastes terrible; go to a store and buy yourself a four-litre of filtered water for eighty cents, that tastes much better.

#13 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Why would you only drink water? Makes no sense to me... Sure, sometimes I prefer a glass of water over another drink, but simply because the other drink is getting tiring and most drinks contain large amounts of additives that are unhealthy. But an important rule with everything is: take in consideration.

#14 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

I really want to get myself one of those reverse-osmosis machines and even one of those devices that makes the water a little bit more alkaline. Otherwise, I used to drink a lot of soda, but I have a constant source of frigid cold water, which I happen to really like the temperature of, so I'm good with it.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

We have a distiller at home, that's all I'll drink; I hate the taste of tap water and most bottled water sold in stores. There are exceptions, but honestly, most bottled water I've had just tasted nasty. icon_shrug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users