Posted 23 August 2015 - 08:42 AM

Thanks.

• Eddy likes this

#92 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

Just a bit of feedback: The randomize options are unintuitive. By this I mean the top 2 options on the left side have the Yes/No buttons reversed but not the button colours. This makes it annoying when choosing how you want a quest to be randomized because it's incredibly easy to overlook this difference!

It's also really annoying that you seemingly gave Tektites a Z Axis, primarily because for some dumb reason they can hit you while their in the air but you can't hit them (Scripting maybe can resolve this issue?)

It's extremely annoying that the shoulder buttons cycle BOTH A and B items and does so in a nonsensical way! If I cycle with the R shoulder button than cycle with the L shoulder button I don't end up with the items I had equipped in the first place! It's just random madness! If opening the subscreen wasn't quite so slow that'd make that method of changing items less tedious.

It's also annoying that you have to actually press a button on the subscreen to equip the item you've highlighted (I can understand why this is needed though), but what makes this worse is that it resets the item selection to the top left item whenever you close and re-open the subscreen so you have to renavigate the system when you forget to actually equip the item you wanted.

It'd be nice if there was a text string associated with picking up stuff that increases your carrying capacity for anything. Unclear what increases your money carrying capacity, for example or by how much it increases it by. Same with quivers and bomb capacity etc.

Bug: blue Candle acts like Red Candle.

It's confusing that you can't use the bow without arrows, when you clearly already have arrows (according to the status bar along the top of the screen).

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 24 August 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#93 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

Just a bit of feedback: The randomize options are unintuitive. By this I mean the top 2 options on the left side have the Yes/No buttons reversed but not the button colours. This makes it annoying when choosing how you want a quest to be randomized because it's incredibly easy to overlook this difference!

It's also really annoying that you seemingly gave Tektites a Z Axis, primarily because for some dumb reason they can hit you while their in the air but you can't hit them (Scripting maybe can resolve this issue?)

It's extremely annoying that the shoulder buttons cycle BOTH A and B items and does so in a nonsensical way! If I cycle with the R shoulder button than cycle with the L shoulder button I don't end up with the items I had equipped in the first place! It's just random madness! If opening the subscreen wasn't quite so slow that'd make that method of changing items less tedious.

It's also annoying that you have to actually press a button on the subscreen to equip the item you've highlighted (I can understand why this is needed though), but what makes this worse is that it resets the item selection to the top left item whenever you close and re-open the subscreen so you have to renavigate the system when you forget to actually equip the item you wanted.

It'd be nice if there was a text string associated with picking up stuff that increases your carrying capacity for anything. Unclear what increases your money carrying capacity, for example or by how much it increases it by. Same with quivers and bomb capacity etc.

Bug: blue Candle acts like Red Candle.

Well, just have to step on the button you want in that case.  Usually, I just take random customizing anyway.

That's how Z axis works in general.  When you use the feather, it's the same concept.

Try going into your control settings and looking at the EX buttons that's in a separate menu.  Try disabling those.  I had this issue before.

Hmm, would be more convenient to just automatically put the item in there rather than having to select it.

bomb bag = +4, quiver = +5.  I think money bags are +50 capacity

I don't think that's a bug.  Blue Candle is infinite use, which makes it far more useful of an item; used to be a garbage item to start with.  Has wooden sword strength.  Red Candle is white sword strength.  Hookshot is also far more useful to start with now.

#94 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:23 AM

Well, just have to step on the button you want in that case.  Usually, I just take random customizing anyway.

I'm just saying, the Custom Randomization settings should be consistently laid out, or at the very least reverse the colouring of the options that have their Yes/No buttons reversed.

That's how Z axis works in general.

Well yeah, that's what I figured. Doesn't make it any less frustrating though!

Try going into your control settings and looking at the EX buttons that's in a separate menu.  Try disabling those.  I had this issue before.

Ah okay. That fixes that issue. I'll assume there is an EX button (Maybe EX1 and EX2) for cycling through what is equipped in A button slot while L and R only cycle through the B slot.

Hmm, would be more convenient to just automatically put the item in there rather than having to select it.

Sure, I guess, but now that I know how the quick weapon change function is working in this game this is now less of an issue for me. Would hovering over an item place it in the A or B slot? That's the only issue with making it automatically equip the highlighted item in a quest where you can change both your A and B items.

bomb bag = +4, quiver = +5.  I think money bags are +50 capacity

Thanks.

I don't think that's a bug.  Blue Candle is infinite use, which makes it far more useful of an item; used to be a garbage item to start with.  Has wooden sword strength.  Red Candle is white sword strength.  Hookshot is also far more useful to start with now.

Oh okay, maybe if the Blue Candle could only output 1 fire on screen at a time (Still multiple use per screen) that would be a more notable way of distinguishing the 2 candles (And make the Red Candle that much more enticing to find).

I edited my last post to include mention of the Bow and that it can't be used without first getting an Arrow, even though you technically already have arrows (Enemies drop them and capacity upgrades give some for example)! This is kinda confusing/odd behaviour.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 24 August 2015 - 12:26 PM.

#95 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:28 AM

This room (Or one of the rooms in this dungeon) has a staircase that leads to a seemingly 100% pointless room. All 4 walls can't be bombed and the Lens of Truth reveals no secrets, all that is present is a diamond arrangement of blocks with staircase in the center that leads back to where you came from.

zelda020_zpssyfm1wno.png

Ladder graphic momentarily appears in that location whenever you enter that specific dungeon and the glitch is repeatable by re-entering the dungeon. Don't know if you need to have the ladder in order to trigger the glitch.

zelda017_zpskpku4ofw.png

Any and all Cave entrances on the overworld appear on top of Link when entering them/while you do the entering/exiting animation. When no animation is being played they correctly appear behind Link.

zelda015_zpspfouewmj.png

Not too sure of how to explore the rest of these 2 dungeons.

zelda013_zpsaf0zelhb.png - zelda014_zpsaljw2aqx.png

Also, is there like a image or something showing all the dungeon entrances? I've basically explored all of both overworlds and would like some way to easily check off which ones I have and  haven't yet 100%'d.

#96 Cyberventurer

Cyberventurer

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 07:50 PM

For that 2nd quest level 4 dungeon picture, there's a really mean trick the original Legend of Zelda pulled where those two last rooms can only be accessed by either bombing, or trying to walk through the northern wall of the triforce room (the room 3 spaces south and 2 east of where the green dot is in your screenshot).

#97 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

Left picture: can walk through wall going up in triforce room

Right picture: left column, 3rd room down from top, push block to reveal stairway

#98 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:56 AM

Thanks for the help. I have a feeling I may have stumbled upon the triforce room secret in the 4th dungeon, but then again it might have been in a different dungeon. There's way too many dungeons lmao.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 02 September 2015 - 12:56 AM.

#99 Locos_Docos

Locos_Docos

• Members

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Can someone message me the location of the stalfos dungeon?  I've been trying off and on since May to find it but I can't find it whatsoever.

#100 djosh

djosh

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

I am looking for where all 6 sets of dungeons are based on. I know 5 of them, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quest, and HoF's 5th quest submission. Whats the 6th based on? Really lost looking for them.

#101 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:39 PM

Can someone message me the location of the stalfos dungeon?  I've been trying off and on since May to find it but I can't find it whatsoever.

Spoiler

#102 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:48 AM

Hey everyone! I just finished playing Randomizer Super Version and I wanted to drop in to leave this for everyone:

Super Randomizer Dungeon Locations

This guide uses First Quest dungeon locations and other landmarks to lead you to every dungeon in the game! And there are a lot of them. (Spoilers, obviously, but.... yeah.) OP/mod/whoever, feel free to copy that into the original post for anyone who needs the guide.

As for my own status, I believe I've found everything there is to find. I have 206/200 items plus two easter egg items. I never found the Stone of Agony, if it's even in this quest, but I'm told there may be a prize for starting with a certain seed...?

Anyway, if you're reading this HOF, I had fun and I'm moving on to the BS randomizer now. Thanks for make!

• ZeldaPlayer likes this

#103 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

Cool dungeon guide, thankies. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Randomizer, Lost Overworld, HeroOfFire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users