Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#721 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 11:28 AM

Walk up to the wooden sign in front of the shop and press "A" to read it. It'll describe how you can buy the item with the A or B item (One or the other; I don't recall at the moment.) and "R" to view a description and price of the item.

ok got it,  wow i see items over 10000 rupes  i see that the game changed alot  jeje

#722 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:15 PM

ZC's save-related behavior is strange, yes. I'm not a fan, but there isn't that much to be done about it.

ok got it, wow i see items over 10000 rupes i see that the game changed alot jeje

The Blacksmith in Pulcheria Village overcharges for everything. The high prices are meant to have players seek other means of getting those items. The maximum capacity wallet only holds 9,999 rupees. You can return to the Blacksmith when you get the hookshot. Gotta get on his roof somehow.

#723 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

the save statues works, but when i get kill , i go back to the beginning unless i choose retry on the game and then continue, but if i got an item and i get kill i loosed that item if i choose retry to go on the save statue

and what about this question?

#724 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:23 PM

The "Retry" option is only for when you want to undo all of your progress until the last time you saved.

If you hit "Save" it will continue at the last spot a Dmap has been marked "continue here" which isn't all that visible to the player. It's based on the Dmap Continue coordinates too. There's usually one Save Statue or other that determines that though.

The "Continue" featre tries to return you to either the last "entrance/exit" type warp you made, or the last save statue you used. It's not precise though.

So don't hit retry if you've made any progress. You'll lose all of your progress from between the point when you got killed to the point where you last saved.

#725 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 04:26 PM

ok , i understand now, thanks

• ShadowTiger likes this

#726 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

i got the bow on the second dungeon than i did buy the arrows on the shop but i cant use the bow , why ?

#727 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 05:35 PM

The bow requires ammo. It uses arrows, not rupees.

Also, in your inventory, does it actually show that you have the arrow (quiver) and not just the bow?

Just in case, there's another place you can get the L1 Quiver/Arrows from. Go back to Link's House. Go one screen south, then west.

See the blue bush in the upper left corner of the sreen? Go a little bit left of that bush, then walk through the wall of green foliage to the north. You'll arrive in that area of the north screen that seems impossible to get to. Loop around to the west and go down the stairs into that cave.

Bomb the north wall. The chest on that screen to the north has the arrows, as well as a weird glowing blue sign you can read that sheds some light on the Excavation's history.

#728 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:08 PM

oh wow, it was really well hidden, i dont remember on the old version that i have to get a quiver for use the bow, im starting to like this new version it have some new challenges and good improvement on the quest  :thumbsup:

• ShadowTiger and SofaKing like this

#729 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:32 AM

Just FYI Shadow I'm back at it.   Haven't played in like a week due to real life stuff but last night I finished the train station, got the blue mail, and now I'm going to do the gallery and start the crypt.   Slow but sure.

#730 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:11 AM

Hope that "real life" thing (whatever that is) works out well for ya!  Best wishes.

I'm glad you got the hookshot first.  It'll help out a bunch in the Crypt.  Definitely a lot more than the hammer helps out in the Train Station, though once you do get it, you can return to the Train Station's basement to get a few nice things.

Good luck in Error's Nightmare.  It's an incredibly freaky place.  Getting through it mostly involves using your items on portraits (Sometimes bombs, sometimes arrows, and early on, the candle.)  or pushing blocks then walking through walls.  If you get stuck, I can walk through it on a screen by screen basis.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and I won't be back until the 7th of August.  But post here anyway and I'll try to check in once in a while on my laptop I'll be bringing.

#731 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 July 2019 - 01:02 PM

Somehow managed Error's nightmare without help.   That place is trippy.   Making my way through the crypt.  Enjoy your vacay!

And my "real life" stuff is nothing bad I assure you.   I'm just older than many here with a spouse, busy kids, intense job, I travel a fair bit both for fun and work and there are weeks when spending much if any time gaming simply isn't a luxury I have.  Then some weeks (like this one!) things settle down and I can spend an hour or two in the evenings making progress.  

• ShadowTiger likes this

#732 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 29 July 2019 - 08:45 PM

Game breaking bug.   Saved in the Crypt and I respawn in the top wall and can't move.   1st floor, 3 rooms up from the bottom and one row over from the far left.   Tell me how to post a screenshot and I can.  I'm done until fixed.  

#733 Spelunker

Spelunker

So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish

• Members

Posted 02 August 2019 - 10:06 AM

ShaIaPr.jpg

Found a bombable wall at the edge of the map. Went through and got stuck. Had to F6 to continue.

#734 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 August 2019 - 08:19 PM

Gotcha.  I'm well away from my home PC right now, but I'll address both of those issues ASAP.  Thanks very much!  I'll make sure that the Link-Arrival coordinates aren't in the corner of any screen.  I've never been a fan of the fact that they default to 0,0, which can get people stuck.  That's such a silly default.

#735 nandobyker

nandobyker

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:49 PM

zc-screen00015.png

Im at train station

on the old vertion when i kill all monsters on this room , the up door supposed to open but now it keep closed, it is a bug or i have to do something else?

i see that this dungeon have alot of changes since the old version that im confused but challenging

Edited by nandobyker, 04 August 2019 - 09:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users