Pokémon Black and White

• Please log in to reply
1046 replies to this topic

#1006 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

This is what Pokemon is truly all about.

#1007 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(Twilight-Prince @ May 2 2011, 07:38 PM) View Post

This is what Pokemon is truly all about.
I'm not gonna lie-- that's awesome. My journey started with Charmander on Blue version... and now look where we are! (personally, I'm still loving Gen V!)

By the way, I'm adding you to my Pal Pad. Dunno if you've already done the same, but you can add me too, if ya want. Can't guarantee I'll be online a bunch until finals are over, though. icon_heh.gif

#1008 Twilight-Prince

Twilight-Prince

The Adversary

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:03 AM

QUOTE(AgentLym @ May 2 2011, 09:58 PM) View Post

I'm not gonna lie-- that's awesome. My journey started with Charmander on Blue version... and now look where we are! (personally, I'm still loving Gen V!)

By the way, I'm adding you to my Pal Pad. Dunno if you've already done the same, but you can add me too, if ya want. Can't guarantee I'll be online a bunch until finals are over, though. icon_heh.gif

Likewise, I began with my Bulbasaur on Blue version. I miss ya Lizzy.

Cool, I'll add you in as well. I'm usually always available for a classic non-EV-trained battle.

#1009 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

Whoa, the Metronome item actually works like that? I thought the game still counted multi-hitting attacks as just one attack for things like that. Maybe I'm still thinking of Red/Blue version physics... icon_dead.gif

However... ...a Cloyster with the attack Metronome would still be soooooooo much cooler than with the item Metronome. icon_deformed.gif

#1010 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(Schwa @ May 3 2011, 12:40 AM) View Post

Whoa, the Metronome item actually works like that? I thought the game still counted multi-hitting attacks as just one attack for things like that. Maybe I'm still thinking of Red/Blue version physics... icon_dead.gif

However... ...a Cloyster with the attack Metronome would still be soooooooo much cooler than with the item Metronome. icon_deformed.gif
To be honest, I'm not sure; I think that it works that way, but then again multi-hit moves still crit as one. icon_shrug.gif The game is kind of inconsistent about whether it's counted as one move or multiple moves; it'll break a substitute/focus band and continue attacking (as if it's multiple moves), which makes me think each hit would stack Metronome's effects. Really you'd just have to test it.

#1011 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

@Twlight-Prince: While rather blantant; I agree with that image said, although the only Pokemon I rember that I kept from the Gen III games was Mewtwo from Leaf Green.

@Zemious: I don't know wherever Metrome does this to Icicle Spear or not, but if it does, then a Pokemon with Technician (or Skill Link) would really benifit from it and Metromone can now be a deadly weapon in competitive *Cashes in* $$$!

Still yet to train up my Deino, though it's fully EV trained. ZC has been getting in my way from playing White.

#1012 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Orin XD, Skill Link is a must with any multiple-hitting moves. So is Metronome and STAB because each hit is usually fairly week.

#1013 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ May 3 2011, 02:06 AM) View Post

To be honest, I'm not sure; I think that it works that way, but then again multi-hit moves still crit as one. icon_shrug.gif The game is kind of inconsistent about whether it's counted as one move or multiple moves; it'll break a substitute/focus band and continue attacking (as if it's multiple moves), which makes me think each hit would stack Metronome's effects. Really you'd just have to test it.
Actually, I think each move in a multi-hit move has a separate chance to crit. I've had the first move just do regular damage, then the next crit, then the next do regular.

#1014 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

Alright, seen and caught all 153 Unova Pokemon. Except for the three event legendaries they haven't released, of course. I'm excited, as I can now step away from my addiction to White. I will not allow myself to be sucked into completing the National Dex. or so I hope...

#1015 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 02:15 AM

Lol, dig! icon_lol.gif

Anyway, I found a neat easter egg; talk to a the nurse in a Pokemon Centre on your birthday and she will greet you with a Happy Birthday message. I guessed something like that would happen on your birthday.

Now, to the serious stuff: I've finally finished training my Deino, so it's now a kick-butt Hydregion! I got Cynthia's butt handed to her twice on a silver platter with my almost complete party, leveled in the mid-60s, using just three items. I'm still waiting to breed-up an Adamant Sneasel with Ice Punch. God, it's taking forever!

Besides, it's now Summer! Be sure to catch that Deerling and show it to the scientists on route 6. If you shown them all four forms of Deerling, you get a Leaf Stone.

#1016 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:34 AM

You know, instead of waiting that long, you could just tamper with the DS's month settings, and do it that way icon_shrug.gif. It's not necessarily cheating, since you still must have a Deerling, it just reduces the time it takes dramatically. Because basically, that sidequest says "You'll have a Leaf Stone in 4 months."

#1017 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

Late to the party, but I finally beat it. The ending was nice, and the final bit was awesome. But I personally found the second last fight much harder than the last one. D: Also, for whatever reason, N is awesome.

Now to tackle the post game, which I hear is difficult. But I did alright through the main game, so I don't think I'll have that bad of a time.

Also, apparently I don't pay attention or have a short attention span, because I generally just forgot about the intro once I got into it and didn't really concern myself with what exactly was going on in it. D: As a result, I didn't care to say to myself 'Oh hey, that's the guy from the intro.' when I started playing and met N. O_o Re-watched it and was like 'How the hell did I NOT bother to notice this!?' Much face-palming was had. icon_deformed.gif

Team currently consists of:

Krookorok Lv 47
Serperior Lv 47
Emboar Lv 43
Samurott Lv 55
Boldore Lv 40
Elmoga Lv 41

Having Ice Beam was a godsend. (Didn't know you could only get it in the post game; a friend gave me an Oshowatt egg that, when hatched, already had it. O_o)

But yeah...I'd like to battle some people some time, though I'll get creamed. XD I just need to get a new Friend Code since I had to swap DSs. :3

#1018 Orithan

Orithan

• Members

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

I'd battle you, PM me your Friend Code and we'll discuss what time we can battle as I PM mine. Anyway, congrats on beating it.

Anyway, I've discovered a good way to grind up levels for weaker pokemon until they reach about Lv. 35: Rechallenge Cheren and the Dev everyday, strapping an Exp. Share on the pokemon of your choice and keep it sitting idle in you party. You can grind a Lv.5 up to around Lv. 30 and a Lv.30 to 36 from each of their battles. I recommend not to do this with Cynthia because she is only availble in spring and she is much more difficult than the other two. From this method, I got plenty of pokemon evolved with this method, although ones like Ferroseed and Litwick may need to have some outside training to evolve using this method.

#1019 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:30 PM

I'm only in Nibasa City....and I only have 2 Pokemon xD

Whirlipede - Lv. 28

Poison Tail
Bug Bite
Venoshock
Protect

Dewott (Named WaterBlade >:D) - Lv. 29

Razor Shell
Retaliate
Water Pulse
Fury Cutter

Are they good so far? Any Pokemon you recommend at this point?
Going to go beat the 4th Gym Leader now icon_biggrin.gif

Edit - Now I know why I stopped playing. Emolga kills both in about 4 turns -__-
Curse Aerial Ace and Volt Switch!

Edited by Lynker, 04 July 2011 - 03:41 PM.

#1020 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Jul 4 2011, 01:30 PM) View Post

Any Pokemon you recommend at this point?

Sandile. You can't go wrong with him. Also, if you head into the desert resort, a backpacker lets you pick a fossil. Revive the plume fossil to get Archen. He's a bit hard to use, given that his attack gets halved when he's below half health, but if you can learn to use him, he's awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users