Public Beta (Version 0.5.1) Released

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

Okay so after putting about a third to half of the game's content into the final level (seriously, that last level is extremely elaborate), I finally finished this game and put up the Beta for download.

Please enjoy and do not hesitate to give me feedback.  Here is the link:

http://www.purezc.ne...ownloads&id=560

Future Fixes:

-Full version will have arrow range corrected.  Current is enough to get the player through the game, and any videos posted by me during the testing phase will use the current range, but because I tested the range with the long bow, it's shorter than intended BEFORE that point.

-Will look into toying with the subscreen some more.  My custom subscreen seems to be messing with L/R functionality.

-Empty spot on screen 0D will no longer turn to ash when you burn the large bush, only the large bush itself will.

--Large Bush tiles on edge of map will either not be burnable, or won't border the top and bottom edges of the screen.  This is to avoid players getting stuck.

--Also only one large bush per screen will be burnable unless more than one are connected.  It's not really a bug, but it's just awkward.

-Warp return on screen 72 fixed.

-Level 5 message room can't be entered from the side anymore, this is to prevent the player from getting stuck.

-Will add in an NPC that hints to the Blue Ring's location. 

-An NPC with the hint "Travelling by wind can reveal secrets" will appear.

-Fixed an issue where Boss Key was always displayed on sub screen whether it ha been acquired or not.

-Added a minus world to level 6 near where the whistle is located.

-Added a minus world to level 5 by the boss room, also fixed a MAJOR issue with the player being able to swim outside the level if they enter it with the flippers.  However, you can still bypass the boss with them (albiet, at a cost of not getting all 24 HC's).

-Wealth Medals 2 and 3 get a buff.  Nothing major though, they go from 7% and 10% to 9% and 12% respectively.

-Wisp Ring level 1 is slightly cheaper, but will still require the level 2 wallet, even with the level 3 Wealth Medal.

-Rupee type item drop now has a [b]slightly[b] higher chance of giving 5 rupees, and a small chance of actually giving 10.  It also has a slightly lower chance of giving nothing.  It will be the only non-boss item drop that can give 10 rupees.

-Tweaked some tiles to make Level 13's entrance look less awkward.

-Tweaked Level 2 to avoid Unintended Wall-hugging exploits.

-Replaced off-border Level 9 tiles with normal ones (some had a red border instead of the normal grey one).

-Fixed a minor platforming issue in level 10.  Just a minor convenience issue.

-Fixed a minor Cosmetic issue in level 10.

-Polished level 11 rock formation to be more visually pleasing.

-Fixed a couple of parts in level 11 where you can get stuck.

-Minor Polishings and cosmetic changes to the terrain in certain level 14 rooms and various level 15 Subdungeons.

-Ditto for level 7.

-Arrows are moderately cheaper.

-Level 2 song loop is fixed so that it loops properly now..

Easy Mode will have:

-Enemies always return rule will be unchecked.  Although, certain dungeon rooms will still use it.

-The armory will sell the Blue Ring instead of bombs.  However, it will be for a somewhat steeper price than the Moblin's shop on the other side.

-No 3-Shot Gohmas, it's one or none.  Fire Gohmas will still do a breath attack, but with a blockable fireball..

-Boomerang and Hookshot can pick up screen items.  Many Gohmas in Level 8 can be bypassed this way, and it makes picking up some safer, and others can be picked up sooner.

-I will add a shop that sells level 2 potions, and the singular level 2 potion will be replaced with a singular level 3 potion.

-All Manhandlas will be changed into the smaller, 4 pincer type.

-Level 2 will remain the same, wall-hugging exploits and all.

-Secret Level Gohma will be partly invisible, fire one shot instead of three, and take three hits to kill the player instead of one.  Of course, that's 3 hits with the Black Ring.  It will also have 8 heart damage combos instead of instant death ones.

-Rings will effect Damage Combos, except for lava and Secret Level spikes, where the screen flags will switch this off.

-However, Easy Mode Mockery will be in full effect, you will be reminded throughout that you are taking the easy path.

Edited by Anarchy_Balsac, 16 August 2015 - 10:37 PM.

#2 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

this quest is a lot of fun but the penelty is to high with every enemy coming back after every screen. hard is fun but this is a little to relentless. im going to keep trying but im 30 deaths and not through level 1.

#3 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 08:42 PM

this quest is a lot of fun but the penelty is to high with every enemy coming back after every screen. hard is fun but this is a little to relentless. im going to keep trying but im 30 deaths and not through level 1.

There will be an Easy Mode version of the final, I'll probably uncheck that rule except for certain dungeon screens (for easy mode anyway).

Here are several tips that can help you though:

-You CAN aquire the White Sword, and Magic Shield, and a few Heart Containers before entering a single dungeon, and I highly recommend doing so. 

-Rupee grind Red Leevers in the desert near level 1.  It's the safest area in the game and they drop a good amount.
-Blue Candle and Bombs are your friends.

-Look for Level 2 first, it's smaller and its dungeon item is far more useful.

-Use exploits, the quest expects you to do things like exploit hookshot invulnerability, stand on the edge and swap screens back and forth (VERY useful early on in the overworld), and, say, stand in the doorway while stabbing darknuts who can't reach you and they walk by.

Here's a video that may help as well:

If you need more help, or you would like to see more videos on how to get through this quest, I will gladly help.

Also, any other problems you have with the difficulty, I encourage you to share them so that I can know what the community may appreciate in an easy mode.

Edited by Anarchy_Balsac, 09 August 2015 - 08:57 PM.

#4 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

ok thanks doing better now but still relentless a have the hammer raft both wallets and 8 heart containers do you want me to start a help thread or just ask questions through this one

also the items wont cycle through properly w/ the l and r buttons. they will only cycle through a row. not a big problem, except i was unable to use the hookshot until i got the bait because i needed something in line with it to move down, same with the hammer needs the candle over it or i couldnt access that. not sure if thats a bug or not.

#5 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:08 PM

ok thanks doing better now but still relentless a have the hammer raft both wallets and 8 heart containers do you want me to start a help thread or just ask questions through this one

It's probably better to use the help thread that I started:

http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=67906

#6 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

ok do you want sugestions/bugs posted on this thread?

#7 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:17 PM

ok do you want sugestions/bugs posted on this thread?

Yes, the reason is that if people go to the other thread looking for help, they won't have to sift through it.  Note that level 3's false entrance isn't a bug, but a deliberate diversion.

#8 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:24 PM

im one of those lucky few that got your first beta w/ the unlimited arrows is there any thing i have to worry about while playing that because im not gonna lie they are very usefull

#9 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

Nope, it's actually an item that's in the game, and certainly not bugged.  It's just that it's one of those Final Level items.  And yeah, since the arrow range is less than I intended for this build, exploit ahoy.

#10 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:19 PM

i burned a large bush top row on the world map 3 screens from the right it mad the sound and 2 greyish squares apeared but nothing else seemed to happen 

#11 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:25 PM

i burned a large bush top row on the world map 3 screens from the right it mad the sound and 2 greyish squares apeared but nothing else seemed to happen 

Correction, you turned it to ash.

It's a bit of a joke I put into the game, any of those you burn in that area that don't turn into passageways become ash.  In other words, your burning down the forest to find secrets, you anti-hero you :D

If it's confusing enough people though, I may use a different combo that's more clearly ash or remove it entirely to avoid confusion.

Edit - However, one of those was a spot where I removed a tree because it bordered another screen and players could get stuck in it, but I didn't remove the combo flags from that empty spot.

Edited by Anarchy_Balsac, 09 August 2015 - 10:28 PM.

#12 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:34 PM

top right screen burn a bush near a black gleeok and the border turns to ash  if you walk down the border yu get stuck in the bush in the screen below.  

by the way very enjoyable so far

#13 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:46 PM

top right screen burn a bush near a black gleeok and the border turns to ash  if you walk down the border yu get stuck in the bush in the screen below.  

by the way very enjoyable so far

:D

Yeah, I think I'll Make the border bush's non-burnable to avoid that issue.

#14 centraltree

centraltree

green

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:56 PM

black boomerang in the graveyard do i need somthing to get that?

#15 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:04 PM

black boomerang in the graveyard do i need somthing to get that?

You'll see a few more of those as you look around. 

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users