Beta Testing the Randomizer

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:53 PM

Non randomized mode tested? I can look into it after dinner.

#17 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

I noticed the wrecking ball item gives you the ability to swim in water temporarily when using it. I imagine this is a bug?

#18 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:30 PM

Something I noticed when streaming a few hours ago: There was one 10 rupee room I found, don't recall which, that had the tile layout of old men in the dungeon instead of the consistent ground-like tiles found in the other rupee rooms. Wish I could remember which one it was.

#19 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:31 AM

Hmm, what does the ring with a rupee icon do?  It's next to the peril ring to its right.

#20 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:12 AM

Good thing I can't sleep so that I can answer. It doubles any rupee pickups. The rupees can be from any positive source: enemy drops, secrets to every body, and even gambling mini games. 

...that last one may make it overpowered though.

#21 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Wrapped up a longer than intended stream of this. Progress so far has been good.

Hint usage to find that bonus dungeon: well thought out (assuming I understood them right). I haven't explored the dungeon yet: I want the master key first.

Finding the new item you added to the lost overworld, not so much. Putting in spoiler tags:

Spoiler

I suspect I'm doing something wrong: I want to make sure I can complete this in non random mode per your request. At this point, I've completed all non level 9 light world dungeons and battle arena. Remaining dark world dungeons and all level 9s will follow.

#22 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

I have one level left to do then I'm finally done. Oddly enough I found all of the bonus dungeons and the other easter egg aside from the Stone of Agony without too much trouble.

I wanted to ask still: Why were the warps in the Lost Overworld for the Zelda levels changed? I've been trying for awhile to get into the Zelda Z dungeon, but with the Random Warps I haven't been able to. Seeing as there are 6 sets of dungeons, why not have 5 that go to a specific Zelda dungeon and 1 with a random warp?

On another note, there's a walkthrough wall on the bottom right of the Zelda D level that puts you off the map. It may have been there in Modernizer too, but I'm not too sure.

#23 HeroOfFire

HeroOfFire

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:10 PM

When I release this, I'll likely also submit bugfix updates to the other Randomizers based on the bugs that have persisted across all versions than have finally been found and fixed.

There are only two dive secrets in the quest: one to get into the lost overworld, the other for 100 rupees. The new lost overworld item requires a super bomb in one of the caves that are new to this version.

The warps to the ZELDA dungeons are random, but biased. If you go into any of the original 5, there is a 50% chance of going to the corresponding letter. This is the same with the "backdoors". L is less common to warp to from from the other locations, due to it being the smallest. Perhaps I can make playing the whistle in these backdoor caves change the warp to a 100% chance to go to a specific letter. Well, except for one specific warp, for obvious reasons. Perhaps another easter egg, but as a message or clue instead.

What easter egg item did you find? It only counts as an easter egg if it doesn't increment the treasure counter. Not to mention its location, and finding it before completing everything else...

#24 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Does the beta 1 version have the extra easter egg item?  Searched all over the lost overworld without finding anything.  Only found the usual items there so far, but listing only 3/4 items found there

Edited by pixcalibur, 01 June 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#25 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

It was a gray Bomb that was an upgraded Super Bomb. I came across it by accident when I didn't have all the levels done. I have that, the Stone of Agony and 206 items. I'm assuming there isn't anything else.

RandomizerSuperCOMPLETION_zpsfc491b8a.pn

#26 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Well, I haven't tried the most updated beta version yet, so I'm stuck at 204 items max.  Currently at 203 with one missing in the lost overworld

#27 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

You can just download the new file and replace it with the old one. That's what I did at least.

#28 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:15 PM

Ok, found that last hidden cave.  Rather subtle clues from the ZELDA levels, 2 of them in particular.  Rather nice upgrades I must say though.  Ok, at 206 now, so I may LP this at some point down the line when the final version comes out.

Edited by pixcalibur, 02 June 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#29 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

I didn't find the hidden item yet. I was trying to say that I couldn't due to misunderstanding the clues.

I'll be playing more tonight to hopefully finish up the other dungeons and see if I get lucky with finding that fourth (official) Lost Overworld item.

#30 Wolfman2000

Wolfman2000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Okay, my testing is (mostly) complete. The game has been beaten, but not 100%. I am missing one item.

I have gotten the

Spoiler
from the
Spoiler
. I got all four Lost Overworld items.
Spoiler
All Overworld Items were claimed: gold chests. I took notes on what I got on each leveled dungeon: pretty sure I didn't miss any in there. I even managed to find the gray super bomb. That final boss was tricky: nice job on that.

So......what item am I likely to be missing? The only thing I can think of is that there was something off with the screen in the lost overworld two spaces to the right of 1-1. I was able to...bomb, I believe, one bush, but the other still stood and no other secrets were revealed via the Lens of Truth.

Even if I don't find it, consider non randomized mode to be tested and approved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users