tileset

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#76 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Any news on the shielded Link tiles? It would be a fairly small tile edit compared to what you guys have been adding recently and make the tileset much more usable, right?

• Reflectionist likes this

#77 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet, (I just did a topic-search for "boots" ... ) there is a post that addresses a minor concern. Is there any particular reason why the player currently starts with the boots by default within the tileset.
  • Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder likes this

#78 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet, (I just did a topic-search for "boots" ... ) there is a post that addresses a minor concern. Is there any particular reason why the player currently starts with the boots by default within the tileset.

Probably not. I'm assuming it's just a mistake. Easily corrected. Thanks!

Any news on the shielded Link tiles? It would be a fairly small tile edit compared to what you guys have been adding recently and make the tileset much more usable, right?

I'll toy around with something and see what I can come up with.

• Moosh likes this

#79 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

Oh, that issue regarding the Boots was me. It wasn't a complaint, it just got in the way of troubleshooting an FFC that I was working on. (A moving spiked log that mysteriously wasn't dealing damage to Link.) I've never dealt with FFCs in this manner before, having only used them to activate scripts, and so the Boots caused a bit of a problem. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I just turned the Boots back off, and everything was fine.

#80 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'll see about shielded sprites. One set for idle shield, one for passive shield, and one set for active shield. Of course, if we don't have one yet, I'll see about a "generic" shield sprite.

• Moosh and Jared like this

#81 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

I feel the locked doors should be fixed. Without being fixed after downloaded, they're unusable pretty much. This is pretty important in my eyes.

#82 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:23 AM

If Linkus is focusing on the shield sprites, I can rest easy. I had a go at it last night, and my results were... not visually pleasing. I'm sure Linkus will churn out something amazing though.

Anyways, I took Shane's suggestion with the texture on the bridge, and now we have one more or less complete variant. It still lacks tiles for allowing a river to flow through below, but I'll get to that eventually. Appreciate the ideas guys, thanks! Feel free to speak up if you've got any more.

firebirdstonebridge2.png

• Shane likes this

#83 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

Would be amazing and fitting for a Castle Town area. Wonderful work!

#84 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 03 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

I've looked through the files recently, and discovered a lot of new stuff

What I found:

• Lots of tiles, new statues, bridge
  • New set of mountains (as Linkus mentioned)
  • New lava (animated!)
  • Link with shields
  • New alternative item sprites
  • NPCs and Guys (thanks to Migokalle)
  • New palettes

I will include this in the next release of Firebird. (I will work on the next release once my computer has been repaired, which can take a few days.)

• Linkus, Jared and Demonlink like this

#85 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:13 AM

This is a little old, but here are some darknuts I made, for those who are hungry for some Darknut action in Firebird.

darknuts.png

here is a picture of them in action

dungeon_thing.png

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Sheik, Jared and 1 other like this

#86 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:43 PM

The shield sprites are done... and I'm mentally drained. :derp:

• Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder, Supindahood, Moosh and 2 others like this

#87 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:25 PM

Zol 2 graphics are done, as well as fitting fire trails. You're gonna love them and their animations - You'd think that it'd be impossible to put such smooth and lively animation in four frames, but I did it. Somehow.

Only thing is that if you use the standard Zol 2 enemy the top of the sprite gets lopped off - It's not exactly 16x16. It's purely cosmetic, but also fixable though a script.

EDIT: Here's a preview.

zol2pre.gif

• Sheik, Supindahood, Jared and 1 other like this

#88 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:35 AM

That looks really pretty. So, I can assume that all of the Game Boy sprites are placeholders until you finish drawing new ones?

Anyways, on to the point of my post. I was testing out a dungeon I've been making with this tileset, and noticed that my Goriyas don't throw Boomerangs like they're supposed to. They throw vertical-flipping Fire Arrows. Either some sort of sprite got mixed up and I don't know how to change it myself, or some weird rule or something is set that I don't know how to fix. I do have a script that changes weapon graphics on a per-screen basis, but I only used it once on a single screen to make the boss throw more fitting weapons than Fireballs without screwing up every other enemy that does that. I've used the script before, so I know it's not a side-effect from that.

#89 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

That looks really pretty. So, I can assume that all of the Game Boy sprites are placeholders until you finish drawing new ones?

Anyways, on to the point of my post. I was testing out a dungeon I've been making with this tileset, and noticed that my Goriyas don't throw Boomerangs like they're supposed to. They throw vertical-flipping Fire Arrows. Either some sort of sprite got mixed up and I don't know how to change it myself, or some weird rule or something is set that I don't know how to fix. I do have a script that changes weapon graphics on a per-screen basis, but I only used it once on a single screen to make the boss throw more fitting weapons than Fireballs without screwing up every other enemy that does that. I've used the script before, so I know it's not a side-effect from that.

Go to Quest -> Sprites -> Weapons. Edit the weapon sprite in Boomerangs (the one that isn't functioning for you) if I'm not mistaken and turn it into the sprite of your choice, problem solved :)

#90 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

Here's the thing. That's the first thing I tried. It didn't work and I have no idea why. All the Boomerang sprites appear to be correct in the editor, but in-game they're screwed up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tileset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users