Photo

Screenshot of the Week 60

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 Dorian n0

Dorian n0

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:47 AM

The last screen is odd icon_sigh.gif
What is it ???

#32 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 18 July 2004 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(Dorian n0 @ Jul 18 2004, 01:47 AM)
The last screen is odd  icon_sigh.gif 
What is it ???

It is a cut scene from a quest based on the Wing Commander games.

Radien: That weird little puffy stuff? that's heat. The room is ultra-heated, you'll notice that Metroid games havge those rooms a lot in Norfair.

Oh, so is that an animated translucent layer?... If so, no wonder. Still screenshots never do those justice. You might consider turning trans. layers off in ZC for your SOTW snapshots. Or else choose a different area.

I could recommend animated gifs, but personally I've always felt those give a slightly unfair advantage, since other entries may very well have awesome animations that they haven't taken the time to render in an image itself...

#33 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 18 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

Wow, it looks like I'll be winning this SOTW. I really didn't expect this shot to be the on that would win. icon_smile.gif

#34 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 18 July 2004 - 11:30 PM

LinktheMaster wins.

#35 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 July 2004 - 05:04 AM

Hmm... I need a better shot for next time. I almost won! icon_frown.gif
Well, congrats LTM, on kicking my arse like everybody does in SotW. icon_razz.gif

#36 DigiPro31279

DigiPro31279

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:33 AM

PolygonX8- Very nice as it seems like a hot day for Samus in that region.

Nick- Nice shot of link making his way through a volcanic area. As far as the lava corners go...If this is close to the Pure set I used in my quest, It was hard using anything for corners. However, I am ot sure if you want to add a depth tile that makes it seem like it is higher up than you want it. There's a few tiles that glow from the lava near by it and can be used for corners better. Maybe not, but that's my feeling.

Ian- Just a hilarious screen with Zelda rebuking the hero. The only colorful part of it is the money all around.

Javiaz- Better Screenshot than I saw at ZC Underground. I see four octoroks, but can see where he makes it three in his caption. Like the different scenery of trees, mountains, grass, and water. Mixes well.

LinktheMaster- I actually like how Link is cornered by the Moblin. He has to fight or get hurt. Also like the scenery like i mentioned above about Javiaz.

Codelinker- Love the layers and like the dangers Link encounters in the mines. There isn't a loose mine cart I hope. Link can't jump worth a *Orcarina Note*.

BH4- Has Link gone to outer space? I don't know, but there isn't much color in this versus the others. A bit bland for me. I noticed from some it's supposed to be a cut scene, but still not much colorfulness to it.

That's my 2 cents this time around. My vote will be made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users