• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

This game truly needs to be updated/finished. It needs a proper 'release.'

Not gonna happen.  It was designed to abuse a system that no longer exists.  Working with it now is like writing a novel in Latin. 

Scripting is where it's at.  I'm really disappointed that no one has jumped on the scripting bandwagon to make a quest with the normal quality of stuff you and Peyote (whatever his name was) did a DECADE ago.  You'd think they would start from that level of quality and then customize, but noooo..

Anyway, I'm going to finish Zodiac because I should finish what I start, and at least that quest isn't obsolete.  

#182 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:27 PM

I have reconciled my issues with Sabotage Dragoon.  I pretty much have finished what it is I wanted to do.  Truly a masterpiece, if it has all the pieces in place, it would have been a quest for all the ages (as it stands, it was well worth the hours and hours of enjoyment I got).  I'm fooling around now with Zodiac.....appears to have all the earmarks of another masterpiece from C-dawg!!

Chiefbigcalf .. "good luck, warrior", I'll still wonder a little more to explore this beauty""

c-dawg got a powerfull brain for making this amazing quest,, it looks sci fi movies ,, somewhat :approve:

need to praise Shadow tiger too,, for strong support and to much patience :approve:

Edited by vravelo, 29 June 2014 - 10:30 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#183 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the vote of legitimacy in my previous works there C-Dawg. You do great work and looking forward to a finished Zodiac in the future. Maybe restart Sabotage Dragoon with the new ZC engine and build it up into something insanely better? Just a dream, I guess. :P

• vravelo likes this

#184 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:26 AM

Thanks for the vote of legitimacy in my previous works there C-Dawg. You do great work and looking forward to a finished Zodiac in the future. Maybe restart Sabotage Dragoon with the new ZC engine and build it up into something insanely better? Just a dream, I guess. :P

AGREE...  100% back up ,,, love DarkFlameWolf "'  ----for asking this little suggestion---- :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#185 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:50 PM

Well, sure.  Your prior works like Lost Isle had a very high level of polish and were very fine games.  You guys limited how creative you got, which let you maximize the quality within the engine you used.  What I don't understand is why, for example, there's nothing out there better than Lost Isle for what it was since then.  All I can see from browsing around the PureZC forums are some really impressive demos or examples of new tech someone had scripted, and then abandoned.

Edited by C-Dawg, 01 July 2014 - 12:51 PM.

#186 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Yes, I'm waiting myself for these awesome demos to become full fledged games that blow us all away. Zodiac is one of those quests I'm waiting on. Just FYI.

#187 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:09 AM

Zodiac won't win any indie game contests, but it'll be done within a few months.  So, look forward to that, I suppose.

• Deedee likes this

#188 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

What I don't understand is why, for example, there's nothing out there better than Lost Isle for what it was since then.

Golvellius.

Although it's a different kind of quest in a way.

#189 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:52 AM

I am trudging along ( it is just my mode of play, I never try to speed run; the timer is of no import to me) - that being said, I beat the very, very first corridor of action (like Guardian Legend) and now get to explore a Metroid type scenario - I beat a mini boss and have  the Pulse Hammer , I think) as well as a couple of power and energy boosters.  This quest will take me  a long time  -  but I'm retired and now have another C-dawg work to keep me busy.  From what I've seen so far........Zodiac will be on a par with DoY and SD, if it isn't better!!  Thank you, C-dawg, for your engrossing work!!!

• vravelo likes this

#190 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

found a boss key on the inverrted tower..? what for..? any boss down here..??

can I enter one inverted tower and come out in another place..? (I mean other inverted tower..??))

#191 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:31 PM

Nah. Inverted Tower is where you get the L1 Arrows. ("Magic") - It's useful on those fairy or clam statues you find littered through out the island, or for dispelling those flashing bushes.
  • vravelo likes this

#192 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

I was playing this quest, and at the very begining, there is a portal that took me to the "Corrupt Deku Tree", and I also got extremely powerful.  Someone please explain to me what the heck is going on! :omg:

Edit: Oops, accidentally posted in the wrong thread.  Sorry!

Edited by CyberGamer1539, 15 April 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#193 vravelo

vravelo

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:15 PM

I was playing this quest, and at the very begining, there is a portal that took me to the "Corrupt Deku Tree", and I also got extremely powerful.  Someone please explain to me what the heck is going on! :omg:

Edit: Oops, accidentally posted in the wrong thread.  Sorry!

WHAT!! -- just one question,, did you talked to the striped cat down on that cave ????

#194 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

Wow, that would be something, alright.  

I suspect he's talking about Dreams of Yesterday, not Sabotage.  The games were intended to be linked by storyline, but it'd take too long to explain.  And it certainly didn't involve warping to the Deku tree out of nowhere.

As long as I'm here:

http://www.solidfile...tageDragoon.qst

Edited by C-Dawg, 15 April 2015 - 11:45 PM.

#195 bigboylink

bigboylink

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:02 AM

Your prior works like Lost Isle had a very high level of polish and were very fine games.  You guys limited how creative you got, which let you maximize the quality within the engine you used.  What I don't understand is why, for example, there's nothing out there better than Lost Isle for what it was since then.  

I'd say Isle of Rebirth & Eiyuu are worth checking out.  Hard to say if they're as revolutionary as DoY and Lost Isle were at the time of their releases, though of course any across-time comparisons like this are difficult (like comparing ALttP vs OoT, or LeBron vs Jordan).  

(And this comment isn't meant to exclude any other quests in the DB, but both Eiyuu and Isle of Rebirth instantly sprung to my mind as must-plays)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users