Photo

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (*-*Completed*-*)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode]

Forbidden_City_Title_zpsfscylpyo.png

The Legend of Zelda: The Forbidden City

2.50.1 (final) Quest

by Jamian

2014 - 2015

Overview:

Welcome everybody. Right now I am announcing that I will be streaming a brand new quest by Jamian called The Forbidden City. I bet many of you are probably wondering what my plans are with Isle of Rebirth. For now I am skipping Isle of Rebirth to stream this quest. Don't worry though, because I do plan to return to Isle of Rebirth in the future. So with that out of the way, welcome to my new LP page dedicated to The Forbidden City. 

The Forbidden City is a quest that started in March of 2014 and was released today on February 16th, 2015. It is a large quest that features a real Ocarina item much like the one that was used in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The quest also features gasha seeds and a ring system which was popular in the Oracle Series. The quest includes 7 large dungeons and smaller mini-dungeons, fully scripted bosses and minibosses, minigames, scripted items... It comes with an adjustable difficulty setting to adapt to the player's skills. (Yes, I copied and pasted part of that. lol)

The Forbidden City is said to hold unlimited power. A power that Gogol, the emperor of Hyrule wants. A prophecy says that only two young kids who bear marks on their hands are the only ones who are capable of entering the forbidden city. Fortunately, thanks to their mother, both kids will grow up in isolation in the town of Nabooru, where they will remain protected from Gogol's fearsome power and evil. 

The twins are Link and Zelda. When a few of Urzula's soldiers discover the mark on Zelda's hand, they make her Urzula's prisoner. Urzula the South-Eastern territory of Hyrule including Nabooru, the village both Zelda and Link grew up in. Now Zelda is in threat of being under Gogol's attention. Can Link save Zelda in time? Will Urzula turn Zelda over to Gogol? Or does she have other plans?

Stream Information:

There are no stream times or schedules. I stream randomly, so I'd suggest keeping an eye out for my posts. I will announce a stream usually a few minutes before I start. So I'm more of a drop in and watch kinda stream than a scheduled stream like Jubbz or Eppy. You drop in and watch my streams at http://www.twitch.tv/newjourneysfire

If by chance you miss a stream. It will be recorded, uploaded to youtube, and shared here. 

Rules:

I suggest just sticking to the same rules as applied to here on PureZC.net but unfortunately not everybody who watches my streams are from PureZC. Chances are, they are unaware of the rules. So please don't call them out if they break a rule. I'll just politely explain to them after the stream of something they may have said or done that was inappropriate. But if you are watching my stream from this site, I suggest showing the same appropriate behavior on my stream as you would normally show here in PureZC. Sounds reasonable, right? It saves me the time from writing my own rules. 

Special Thanks:

Special Thanks to all the people who watch my streams and enjoy my content. Also to the creators and producers of the games I'll be playing and the software tools I'll be using.

==========

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (01 - The Beginning)

(Duration 43:11)

Description:

Emperor Gogol is searching for twins, Link and Zelda. According to a prophecy, they are the ones who are destined to open the forbidden city. Seeking out the twins and their mother, he is on their trail. But she uses magic to allow them freedom, sacrificing herself in the process. The twins grow up in Nabooru, and isolated town due to Urzula's rule. Year's later, Urzula's troops discovered the mark on Zelda's hand, and took her captive. It is up to Link to free Zelda. The situation takes Link on a journey where he becomes the first person to leave Nabooru in years and explore the world of Hyrule where he eventually discovers Plant Cavern. Here, as instructed by Zelda, Link will find a weapon that will help him defeat Urzula. 

Highlights

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 29 February 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (02 - Plant Cavern part 1)

(Duration 39:34)

Description:

After defeating Toothy the Tree, Link can now explore Plant Cavern which turns out to be a complex cave of secrets and puzzles and enemies. Do Link have what it takes to solve the mysterious of Plant Cavern and find the item that Zelda has been referring to? Link's journey takes him into direct conflict with Leafdorm, a plant-like creature that spits fire apparently. Link defeats Leafdorm and discovers a new book where he learns a new Ocarina song, Plant Aria. 

Highlights

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 February 2015 - 11:58 PM.

#3 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (03 - Plant Cavern part 2)

(Duration 41:39)

Description:

Link's journey takes him deeper into Plant Cavern where it eventually leads him to Ent, the Ancient Tree. Ent attacks Link after Link played the Plant Aria, but was no match for Link. After defeating Ent, Link obtains the bomb bag. Zelda instructs Link to head to Lost Woods to the Eastern part of Hyrule to get a song that allows him to gain access to ancient doors. This song will allow Link to gain access to Urzula's Castle. Meanwhile, the world leaders are giving Gogol tribute. However, this meeting turns ugly when one of the world leaders is unable to provide Gogol any tribute.

Highlights

#4 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (04 - Lost Woods)

(Duration 48:17)

Description:

Note: Sorry about the video quality. The chat is nearly unreadable.

Link discovers Lost Woods and he is guided by a mysterious spirit woman who leads him to the Boomerang, and item needed to find the Palace of Harmony where Link will learn the song that Zelda has instructed him to learn. However, Link has to return to Nabooru to discover a hidden switch that will open the palace. Link finally enters the Palace of Harmony deep within Lost Woods. 

Highlights

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 23 February 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:27 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (05 - Palace of Harmony part 1)

(Duration 37:42)

Description:

Link reaches the Palace of Harmony. What dangers awaits Link in this musical dungeon? Link soon finds out as he is confronted by Mummu, the Death Mage of the Palace of Harmony. After deafeating the Death Mage, obtains the Magnet which will allow him to solve more of the puzzles found within the palace. With his map of the palace fully upgraded, Link prepares to explore the depths of this mysterious palace. 

Highlights

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 24 February 2015 - 01:29 PM.

#6 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

Sorry for being a day late. :( Better late than never! lol

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (06 - Palace of Harmony part 2)

(Duration 33:35)

Description:

Link explores deeper into the Palace of Harmony where it is said that ancient musical lyrics are written. With the help of Zelda's instructions, Link gets closer and closer to what he seeks to obtain to allow him to sneak into Urzula's castle. However, Link is stopped by Helmethead, the Death Knight. With strength, courage, and determination, Link defeats the death knight and learns the Opening Sanata. Now finally carrying the bombs and learning the Opening Sanata, Link is ready to infiltrate Urzula's Castle and free Zelda once and for all. 

Highlights

#7 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (07 - Ancient Cave of Nabooru)

(Duration 46:25)

Description:

Now with both the Bombs from Plant Cavern, and the Awakening Sonata from Palace of Harmony. Link is now ready to sneak into Urzula's Castle and free Zelda. But Link must find a way in their first. Link would eventually explore Hyrule's caverns and eventually find the secret entrance to Urzula's Castle. 

Highlights

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (08 - Poisoned Castle part 1)

(Duration 39:44)

Description:

Urzula's Castle turns out to be much larger than Link imagined it to be. The layout is also one to confuse any new trespasser from reaching Urzula easily. Link will have to solve the castle's riddles as well avoid its traps to reach the end. After obtaining 2 keys, Link heads in the right direction. 

Highlights

#9 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:34 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (09 - Poisoned Castle part 2)

(Duration 41:45)

Description:

Link explores more of the 2nd floor of the Castle, which eventually takes him into direct conflict with Number 47, a half leever, half man experiment created by Urzula. Link defeats Number 47 and learns the Healing Serenade which allows him to eliminate the poison in the castle and reach it's hidden secrets Urzula doesn't want Link to find. Link comes ever closer to Zelda and Urzula.

Highlights

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 03 April 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#10 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (10 - Poisoned Castle part 3)

(Duration 52:06)

Description:

After a long and tiring journey into what seems to be an endless castle. Link finally reaches the top of the castle to find Urzula hiding in a secret chamber about to bring to life a secret creation of hers, the Frankenocto. However, he turns on her and kills her before he turns his attention towards Link. After a difficult fight, Link is able to overcome and defeat the Frankenocto. Link finally finds his sister who reveals to him that they are not ordinary twins, but before she is able to explain anything, Auga attacks the castle, knowing that Urzula was keeping Zelda her prisoner in secret. The conflict causes the floor under Zelda to cave in, and she's eventually captured by Auga. Link must find out how to free Zelda from Auga's grasp. 

Highlights

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 03 April 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#11 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Due to the drop in interest for this series, I'll be putting less effort into writing my highlights. I would originally share exact where gasha seeds that had important items were held in my highlights section. 

This was time consuming as I had to look through previous videos to see where I picked up the Gasha seeds and stuff. It is something I only did because the view count was the highest my channel has ever received.

I'd say that most of the reason my viewcount for this series dropped dramatically is that I fell behind to upload the Battletoads videos. This gave other LPers opportunity to pretty much stream this entire quest.

So I feel such details in the highlights section are no longer necessary, mainly because I feel they more than likely won't even be read. Perhaps I'll still update them, but I'll more than likely be asking the quest author where I picked up the gasha seeds rather than doing it the tediously painful way. 

I hope you guys understand.

Anyways, I'll be sharing the next video later today. 

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 01 April 2015 - 10:54 AM.

#12 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (11 - Kasuto Town part 1)

(Duration 41:54)

Description:

Urzula is defeated, and Zelda is in Auga's fortress now. Link must find out how to defeat Auga, who is much smarter and more powerful than Urzula. Her fortress is protected by spikes and Link can't even go near her fortress without a song that can do something with these spikes. Link must go to the sunken fortress, but he must find a switch hidden in the town of Kasuto to open the door to the sunken fortress. Link also discovers in Kasuto some hints that may lead him to a more powerful sword. But this quest leads him into a fight with Boo, the ghost made of Kasuto's tears. 

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:20 AM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (12 - Kasuto Town part 2)

(Duration 38:56)

Description:

Link, having difficulty defeating Boo, instead explores the underground caverns of Kasuto, which apparently was used as a shelter when it was attacked. Within these shelters he finds the switch that opens the Sunken Fortress. After opening the fortress, Link returns to fight against Boo. After a long stressful battle, Link is able to defeat Boo and earn the White Sword's Hilt. Link leaves Kasuto to seek for a hidden passage which was written in a book in Kasuto. Here he finds the other half of the White Sword and completes the sword. Now holding the White Sword, Link enters the Sunken Fortress. 

#14 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:17 PM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (13 - L4 Sunken Fortress part 1)

(Duration 41:25)

Description:

After solving the mysterious located in the ruined town of Kasuto, Link can now explore the Sunken Fortress to learn the song that will allow him to bypass the spikes that surround Auga's domain. This Wizzrobe infested fortress however turns out to be quite the challenge for Link as he attempts to locate the treasures that lie within. To make things worse, Link is attacked by the Acanthurida, the mutant aquatic bacteria. Fortunately, Link is able to defeat the beast and find the flippers which will allow him to swim around the chilled waters of the Sunken Fortress. 

#15 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

NJF Plays The Forbidden City [Hero Mode] (14 - L4 Sunken Fortress part 2)

(Duration 48:57)

Description:

(I finally have the Blue Tunic! Thank God!)

Link, with a pair of flippers and an ability to apparently hold his breath for a very long amount of time takes his journey into the underwater depths of the Sunken Fortress, determined to learn the song that will allow him access into Auga's domain. Link learns a new song that allows him to create floods which leads him to new rooms. After blasting away a few Blue Wizzrobes with his trusty bombs and solving a complicated ice block puzzle, Link earns the Blue Tunic. Unfortunately, Link gets a little lost trying to reach a book which reveals the secret to an underwater maze. To be continued on part 3!

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 17 April 2015 - 02:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users