latest build ~ everything functional?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:00 PM

So is everything functional in the latest build?

Bomb bags?
If so how many does each hold?
What's the "magic" bomb bag for?

Cane of Byrna?
What's it's purpose?

How about some of the other newer items?

So far I've added the true arrows, the 5 scrolls, and Roc's feather, what else is worth adding?
What is their intended behavior?

I looked for info last night on AGN for this stuff without much luck, and now AGN is down, I'd like to add what is worth adding and test it.

#2 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

No, I noticed some bug topics on alpha 424, so maybe somewhere around alpha 450 it could be as bugless as 1.90 b183.

Bomb bags I do believe work, as long as max bombs are set to 0. The "magic" bomb bag acts like the Magic key, where bombs are limitless.

The Cane of Byrna is just like the one in LttP, which protects you from any damage until magic runs out or you disable it.

"True" arrows use their own counter. For the item, Quivers change the arrow's max count. As for Roc's Feather, it's nice to have for sidescrolling areas, but there's no function in traditional Zelda layout, since drowning, melting, and falling into pits aren't implemented, unless you have scripts that involve Roc's Feather.

Also, the scrolls are just a way to have techniques when certain conditions are met, and their use depends on the questmaker's decision if they need to be in the quest or not.

#3 Freedom

Freedom

Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:18 PM

yea, I already knew about roc's feather, true arrows, and the scrolls, I've had them in and working for a while, it's the newer stuff I was wondering about.
Stuff that came after b16

Cane of byrna seems useless then since Nayru's love does that already

Edited by Freedom, 28 June 2007 - 02:20 PM.

#4 SpykStorm

SpykStorm

Kamek!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:53 PM

I think the magic ring is suposed to regenerate magic over time, but i,m not sure.

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE(Freedom @ Jun 28 2007, 12:18 PM) View Post
Cane of byrna seems useless then since Nayru's love does that already

If it works identically to the way it did in LTTP, the Cane of Byrna will be superior to Nayru's Love. In LTTP, using the Cane of Byrna would not only prevent damage, it would prevent knockback. Nayru's love doesn't prevent knockback, making it much less useful.

Having both in a quest would be quite redundant, of course, but as I keep telling people, nowhere does it say you have to use both in your quest (not that I've had to say that to you, Freedom). It just gives the questmaker the option of choosing their preference. A minor addition, I know, but that's what I know about it from previous Zelda games.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

And, to add a bit to the Cane of Byrna, it hurts enemies that the barrier comes in contact with. Though, it drains magic constantly.

#7 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

I don't know what can be done with the item editor yet, so can Naru's Love be replaced by the Cane of Byrna once you have it? Like upgrading the item?

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

I think they're two different item classes. Sorry.

#9 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

Yeah. You'd have to edit the Cane so it's in the same class as Nayru's Love and set it as level 2.

You can edit classes, right?

#10 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:52 PM

not yet. You can use the empty classes to make new items through scripting, though. icon_shrug.gif

#11 DarkDragon

DarkDragon

Junior

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

You could also give the Cane an item pick up script that removes the Love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users