The Megaman Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
377 replies to this topic

#346 Anarchy_Balsac

Anarchy_Balsac

Quest Builder

• Members

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:38 AM

d00d!!!! Look up Megaman Super Fighting Robot Fan Game. You won't regret it. Its on par with Rock Force and Unlimited. Great game!

I've looked it up on your youtube channel before ;).

#347 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:53 AM

d00d!!!! Look up Megaman Super Fighting Robot Fan Game. You won't regret it. Its on par with Rock Force and Unlimited. Great game!

It is! The game is incredible. My only complaint is Zap Man, he hurts way too much!

#348 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

Is it possible to beat the True Arena in R4MI? Lol. At least I win over the normal arena and limited arenas, I think I'm done with those challenges. My Arena rules.

Btw, I give up with megabuster run, what a epic fail my run was xD Some robots are nearly impossible without extra weapons.

Awesome hack, In my top three best rom hacks of all time, with Extra Mario Bros and Metroid Super Zero Mission. I finished even loving the music, lol, it fits the crazy mood quite well.

Edited by Air Luigi, 24 October 2015 - 09:04 PM.

#349 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

Hey Obderhode! Haven't seen you in a while! Glad you liked that fan game too. As for damage values, the latest update is 1.05 and he's altered/tweaked a lot of those. So Zap and Axe man don't hurt as bad.

#350 Obderhode

Obderhode

There is great power in knowledge.

• Members

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Hey Obderhode! Haven't seen you in a while! Glad you liked that fan game too. As for damage values, the latest update is 1.05 and he's altered/tweaked a lot of those. So Zap and Axe man don't hurt as bad.

Yep, stopping in to post every now and then. Both sound like good changes! I beat both with mega buster first try (with E tanks), but Zap was pretty crazy.

#351 Shosci

Shosci

Gaming Topics and Live Streams

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to save the trouble by making an entire post for this, but I wanted to make a video stating the problems with Mega Man 2. Yes, Mega Man 2, the highly acclaimed title in the Classic series. I don't hate the game, but it does seem odd how some might consider it the best. And here I explain the issues with its game/level design. Check it out if you'd like and let me know what you think:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Rp8cM-3_svo

#352 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

Lol, again xD

IMO

It's the best of the Megaman NES games at least. 

Because:

1) It's the best designed AROUND the weapons.

2)It has the best ost.

3)The intro and the ending are in perfect symmetry.

4)Levels and selection of Robo Masters is the best in the series.

1 and 2 are the best because the weapons and the order of levels MATTER. 3 is a ok puzzle, also, but it suffers from uninspired level designs and recycled a lot from 1 and 2. 4 is the last good Megaman game, and it has the best level design in NES, but stil lacks a bit of magic and STRATEGY, and the robots are meh. 5 & 6 are lackluster because the robots are atrocious and the weapons useless, and you can beat the entire games just with the megabuster.

Level design? That's the more overrated concept in the history of gaming. True, Megaman 2 can use more polish in some parts, but even without that, it's vastly superior to their own sequels because it has better gameplay, atmosphere and art. The gimmicks of Megaman 5 don't make a Megaman game good. Core gameplay mechanics are the real deal, and that's why 1-2-3-9-RNC or R4MI are great Megaman games.

/IMO

Edited by Air Luigi, 28 October 2015 - 05:15 PM.

#353 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:18 PM

So that new upcoming Megaman cartoon aiming for 2017. We have story info and a look at his design. And it looks and sounds like shit. How hard is it to just adapt the actual story?!

#354 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 09:10 AM

So that new upcoming Megaman cartoon aiming for 2017. We have story info and a look at his design. And it looks and sounds like shit. How hard is it to just adapt the actual story?!

Astro boy owners would sue them if they stuck to Megaman story :) I haven't watched the trailer so dunno what it's like.

#355 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 27 May 2016 - 12:59 PM

There isn't a trailer, so that's why you haven't seen it. :P

Anyway... yeahhhh jeez that premise and artwork is bad.  Like, I'm really hoping they'll realize, "Wow, the art we showed them is not being received very well, maybe we should reconsider the direction."  I know the target audience is kids, but a.) kids also have standards, and b.) people who grew up with Mega Man are gonna be interested in it too, the same way that the Sonic Boom cartoon is really well received regardless of age.  And at the end of the day, this will affect the future of the franchise, since it's clear that if the cartoon does well, they're probably going to continue doing more with it.

Anyway, the funny thing with the premise is like... I would be glad that they're doing something different!  The original Mega Man story is great, and it's a classic, and... I've seen it way too much.  I mean, I would definitely prefer it redone over what they're planning here with Bright Light (yeah, Aki means Bright >_>), but I want to see what else the series can do, and that maybe they can remember that Mega Man doesn't have to always revolve around the plot of him being a lab assistant turned into fighting robot to combat against Wily.  Legends and Battle Network both did their own things and to me, they were both really well done without relying on the same story.  The latter was a little cheesy at times, but eh, it was a much more lighthearted and silly venture for the series.

One thing I'm worried about lately is that if people want "new" Mega Man games, they want Mega Man 11, 12, 13, etc.  And they'll always want it 8-bit style and it to always be the 8 robot masters and Wily castle, and I just don't think that's sustainable for the series.  It'd keep the series going but it wouldn't push it forward to bigger and greater things.  I'm sure they'd all end up being great, and hell, I'd appreciate that Capcom was DOING something, but it was stuff like Legends 3 and Universe that were really getting me hyped.  I want to see what Mega Man games are capable of now, not what they were capable of 25 years ago, especially when there are a plethora of fan games always coming out to show us that.  It's like if instead of Super Mario Galaxy 1+2, 3D World, and the RPG games, Nintendo was just like, "Eh, we're just gonna make NSMB for the next 14 years."

#356 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

I did have a realization: That horrible Ruby-Spears abomination? Closer to the source material than this. :blink:

#357 Fiyaball

Fiyaball

I'll stop hoarding RPGs someday

• Members

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

This new Mega Man cartoon made me realize how awesome a Mega Man Zero anime would be. Seriously, it'd be amazing.

#358 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

Not a fan of Mighty #9's (video game) visual aesthetic at all. It doesn't look anything like Megaman 1-10 or Megaman X-X8 and it just looks very dumb, especially the character models. Not a fan of that image of the main hero at the article TS linked to either. I'm pretty disappointed in the way Mighty #9 is turning out after helping fund it on Kickstarter... Yooka Leylee on the other hand looks like what I imagined the game would be.

That ikaruga castlevania game or whatever, I would've contributed to that if it didn't have the dumbest stretch goal system.

But yeah back to Mighty #9, considering its made by the people behind current Ben 10 its not surprising the art style is dumb. Ben 10 originally had pretty okay art style, then they changed it to this shitty version where his gramps has squinty eyes and shit, like what the hell!? At least it kept the original voice actors but damn did they ruin the visuals.

Edited by Nicholas Steel, 28 May 2016 - 04:13 AM.

#359 KEM64

KEM64

Junior

• Members

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

Not a good week for Mega Man fans. First, the latest trailer for Mighty No. 9 is so bad (It currently has 3,264 likes vs. 23,993 dislikes on Youtube at the time of this post) that the CEO of Inti Creates got angry over it and the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter made fun of it. And now, there's the reveal of the Mega Man design and story for next year's cartoon, and ugh....there's a lot of problems I find with it:

-The design, which would work for a Mega Man design if this cartoon was based on a successor to the Mega Man Star Force series instead of a reboot of the original series.

-The main character being named Aki Light instead of Rock. Are you sure this is supposed to be based on the Classic series?

-The reveal of Mega Mini. The picture of him looks like he's going to be the annoying sidekick character that the fanbase is not going to like....

-The cartoon will reflect Mega Man's ''unflinching wide-eyed optimism and over-the-top sense of humor". I don't remember Mega Man having humor.

So my reaction on the cartoon? The reaction that they've ruined it, and the more that I hear about it, the worse it gets (I hate to see what they're going to do to characters like Rush, Roll, and the Robot Masters....design and character-wise).

So again, bad week for Mega Man fans.

Edited by KEM64, 28 May 2016 - 04:22 PM.

• The Satellite likes this

#360 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 28 May 2016 - 03:35 PM

"Making bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night."

I hope whoever made this trailer was fired. This has to be the single most unfunny joke i ever heard in my life. I'm not even a Megaman fan (i know Mighty Nr 9 is not part of the franchise but it's pretty much a Megaman game) and this made me cringe so hard. If they did this with a Pokemon or Zelda trailer i would be angry.

• Shane likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users