Screen Secrets + FFCs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:12 PM

This is my inner OCD causing this issue, but is there any way to make an FFC only appear and function after the screen secrets have been activated?

I want to make a FFC out of a Tile Warp, and make it only appear when all the enemies on-screen have been defeated. My reason for making it an FFC is simply because then I can center it on the screen. If I can't do that, I can always just set it off-center or adjust the room width to create the illusion that it's centered. Still, since I'm trying to figure out how to work with FFCs for things other than just running scripts (moving obstacles, things like this, etc.), I thought I'd ask.

#2 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:46 PM

Secrets work just fine with FFC's. They're considered to be part of layer 0. I see no reason this wouldn't work, but you'd need to assign the FFC a combo with an inherent secret flag.

#3 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 01 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

Of course. I should have thought of that. I always forget about inherent flags, and was stumped because I couldn't figure out how to attach a flag to an FFC. Thank you for the help.

Edited by kurt91, 01 August 2014 - 11:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users