Title Screen

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FireStorm

FireStorm

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:11 PM

I am considering making a title screen for Sky Towers, but I am not sure how to go about making one. I could make the background, but other title screen's I've seen have custom Zelda title things like they were done in Photoshop or something.

What are some general tips regarding title screens?

#2 ElricAlchemy101

ElricAlchemy101

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:17 PM

Hmmm, can't say much about this, but be prepared for lots of tile editing if you're going to do it from scratch, and if you want to make a fairly decent one. You could always get lucky, find a picture with what you want on it and then rip it and it's pallette... I don't recommend that though. I hope I helped, not personally being a tile expert...

#3 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:36 PM

well, PureZC has a Four Swords title screen template. you could modify that a little and layer it on top of your background. how to make it warp, though, is make Link start at the south end of the screen (nect to the edge), disable the subscreen for that screen via Screen Flags, and seal Link in that area with non-walkable tiles. also, use the Invis. Link screen flag so you don't need to put all the tiles on layers

I think Freedom has a more detailed explination in one of his FAQs

#4 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:04 AM

All you do is, set your screen how you want it. You know how to use layers right? If so.. Place your layers down. Once you have got the title screen looking like you want it. You need to find out, if you want it to use strings for the title screen, or do you want to make your letters appear. If you want your letters to appear yourself. You'll have to use tics. Set your speed for however much you want it to be. That is kinda hard to explain, right now. But anyways.. You can do it by strings, it would be much easier. So.. what you do is, after you get through getting your title screen looking how you want it, you just set link invisible, (using screen data). Then, you make it no subscreens, (using screen data). Then, you make some unwalkable tiles, so link can't move during the title presentation. Then, you place your position where you want link to begin. Place Link inbetween those unwalkable tiles. You can view this, by pressing "W". To see where your unwalkable tiles are. They should be red. Anyways... After all that, then you'll need to use side warps. Use the down side warp. or any direction you want really to make the screen change. Make sure you don't forget to set the tics. it is very important. Well they is a rough idea, of how to make a title screen. Hope it helps ya. *man my hands are tired.* icon_razz.gif

#5 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:27 AM

Well, it is a GB Zelda style quest, so it should look like the GB Zelda titles screens, to give it more of that GB feel. It shouldn't be terrible hard to rip the "The Legend of Zelda" from the game. I'm sure if you wanted, I could rip them for you, and make Sky Towers that matched the Link's Awakening underneith the big Zelda.

#6 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:27 PM

You can use the ones in the database. There's a gbc one.

#7 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:21 PM

Your game Sky Towers rocks

#8 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:10 PM

Yeah the Sky Tower is a great game icon_thumbsup.gif

#9 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

Sprio, cool mike, both your last posts don't help FireStorm with his question/problem. Please remember to keep it on topic. I know it's about Sky Towers, but try to help him out next time.

#10 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:40 PM

Sorry bout that

#11 Fira

Fira

• Banned

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:24 PM

I can't help much but I also need help let's say I make a picture with (w/) stuff in it on a program called paint could I insert the picture to make a piece in my game that I will (I'll) be Making which is called Thomas's Quest 3 (Please tell me where I may go to talk about video games) if I have a Windows XP?

#12 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 06:27 PM

Then post in Zquest Editor help. Other then that, welcome to PureZC. Enjoy your stay. icon_wink.gif Sorry if I got off topic. icon_sorry.gif Well Firestorm, try some of the suggestions posted here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users