Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind and Din's Fire

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:40 PM

Honestly, I have no clue what to do with these, in terms of items. The possiblilities are endless for each of them, but I just can't think of anything that'd make any sense in having. Though, only ZC Beta Testers have access to these items so far, anyone who has an idea for alternatives for each of these, please suggest them. Maybe someone'll say something usefull.

#2 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 09:54 PM

What do you mean? Graphics wise? In how you'd use them in a game? I'll assume graphics. For Nayru's Love you could use a Sapphire Heart. Or a sapphire set in a gold heart. I think Farore's Wind should look like half a Yin Yang symbol turned on it's side and made to look like an emerald. Din's Fire... I personally like a gold medallion with a fire symbol on it. Like in FFMQ, the fire emblem/seal whatever it was. 'Cept gold.

#3 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:13 PM

Yes graphics-wise, but for those who are testers, also when you use them. For example, Nayru's Love uses an insane amount of tiles (or at least tile pages in the example) for the spinning diamond floating over Link. There's not really anything in other Zelda games that you could base these items off of loosely, other than those exact items themselves.

Edited by IaN, 31 December 2004 - 10:14 PM.

#4 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:14 PM

Are you thinking of how to put them into a quest? Well, I'm not sure how to answer that one. Din's Fire could, in theory, be used to reach Burn flags that the candle could never get to.

As for the other two, well, you'll have to wait until they actually work before thinking about what to do with them.

#5 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(Dart Zaidyer @ Dec 31 2004, 11:44 PM)
Are you thinking of how to put them into a quest? Well, I'm not sure how to answer that one. Din's Fire could, in theory, be used to reach Burn flags that the candle could never get to.

As for the other two, well, you'll have to wait until they actually work before thinking about what to do with them.

In Alpha 5, well 6 now ( icon_sweat.gif ) Nayru's Love and Farore's Wind both work. The example quest DN made showed what they looked like when you used them, and also contained the default tiles.

#6 Dart Zaidyer

Dart Zaidyer

Mystic Beard of Truth

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:34 PM

I had a couple of ideas for these items, but I didn't want to give them out right away, as obviously they're not going to be useful to anyone but testers for now. Still, if you insist...

Nayru's Love could also double as the Cane of Byrna from LttP, and Zunari's Magic Armor (which is clearly N-Love anyway) from Wind Waker.
As for Farore's Wind, it could be the Magic Mirror from LttP, seeing as how it's capable of whisking you back to the dungeon entrance.

#7 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:40 PM

Actually if we can use the spell that mirror wizzrobes send us back to the entrance, it will resemble Farore's Wind too icon_smile.gif

#8 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 31 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

Hmm... well, without being able to see the tiles used as the revolving diamond around Link I can't offer much input. Are they 16x16 each or 32 x 32? How many tiles DOES it take up? You might bea able to get away with revolving spheres, kind of like in FFX when you cast Null Water/Fire etc. on a character. You might be able to rip some decent tiles from Tales of Phantasia. Any picture of Dhaos would do. He has spheres revolving around him. You could also have a ring of fire around Link.
Same with Farors Wind. What are it's dimensions?

Edited by Lonemind, 31 December 2004 - 11:39 PM.

#9 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:10 AM

Nayru's Love uses 2x2 tiles pixels, which is really cool. I thought it was just going to be one tile, but thankfully, I was wrong

#10 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:05 AM

I think that Dins Fire can be used. I haven't tested it out yet, but I saw Freedom use it with the Dins Fire Flag in the Search for Elise. So Dins Fire is pretty cool.

Though I don't use the other two just in case some people may play my game in the new beta.

#11 Lonemind

Lonemind

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 04:20 AM

I'm kinda at a loss for Farore's Wind. What is it gonna do? Just warp you back to the dungeon entrance?
For Nayru's Love you could animate a giant whirlwind. Any amount of various glowing shapes. A globe, a pyramid (Kefka), diamond, a cone, a collumn, a heart if you wanna get complicated. You could have a barrage of butterflies. Lightning surrounding Link. Glyphs and symbols flying around him. *grins* Hope that helps.

#12 Banedon

Banedon

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:14 AM

Um...does anyone know exactly what each of these items are supposed to do?

#13 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:12 AM

Din's Fire you should know already... icon_razz.gif

Farore's wind... and Nayru's love I would guess like OoT. But right now, I am a newbie to 2.10 like almost everyone else, and it won't work on my computer. icon_sweat.gif

#14 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 10:33 AM

Farore's wind takes you back to where you entered a Dmap. This isn't a good item for those who have complex dmap structure though.

Nayru's love protects you from damage for about 30 seconds. You still act against damage (like being pushed back), though.

#15 Mr. Z

Mr. Z

Old Bastard is back!

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE(Dart Zaidyer @ Jan 1 2005, 05:34 AM)
As for Farore's Wind, it could be the Magic Mirror from LttP, seeing as how it's capable of whisking you back to the dungeon entrance.

*Ideas rush into my head*

Alrighty, but how would that work? Well:

You place a Pit... I mean... the new name of that combo.
Let's do this over!

-Have a room with a combo that looks like a warp tile, but it's not activated.
Now, that combo is actually a pit, which brings you to a different Dmap, the dmap where you have to be transported to.
-Set the continue point of that dmap.
So if you stand on it and use Farore's Wind, you get brought to that new dimension or whatever you want to call it.

Understood? I hope so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users