Photo

Can you recommend a quest for this veteran ZC fan?

quest recommend

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Swifticuffs

Swifticuffs

• Members

Posted 30 August 2023 - 05:24 PM

Hey everyone,

If devs and quest makers are reading this, just wanted to say thanks.  I have been playing ZC quests here and there for the better part of the last 15 years.  I don't know how the heck I found the program, but several of DarkFlameWolf's quests have had me coming back for replay after replay.  But now I'm left with a void after playing what I feel are their best titles (Isle of Winds, Hidden Duality, Isle of Rebirth) and replays just won't cut it.

In short, what ZC creator produces quests on the level of DarkFlameWolf's that have a feel and style of theirs?  I've played some of the older ones by DFW and they just didn't have that... spark that the 3 titles above did.

Appreciate it and have a good one.

#2 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 August 2023 - 06:13 PM

Have you tried Promised Lands and Forbidden City by Jamian? Those seemed fairly popular among people who liked some of the ones you listed. He has some newer quests, and I think he's got a certain commitment to quality that means they're probably good, but I personally don't know much about his newer work. Might be worth looking into.

Maybe I misunderstood, but Isle of Rebirth is by Evan20000, not DFW. Maybe you meant Lost Isle? In any case, you might also think about giving Evan's Umbral Cloud a shot, and Isle of Rebirth if you haven't yet.

#3 Swifticuffs

Swifticuffs

• Members

Posted 30 August 2023 - 08:01 PM

Have you tried Promised Lands and Forbidden City by Jamian? Those seemed fairly popular among people who liked some of the ones you listed. He has some newer quests, and I think he's got a certain commitment to quality that means they're probably good, but I personally don't know much about his newer work. Might be worth looking into.

Maybe I misunderstood, but Isle of Rebirth is by Evan20000, not DFW. Maybe you meant Lost Isle? In any case, you might also think about giving Evan's Umbral Cloud a shot, and Isle of Rebirth if you haven't yet.

Ah, yes, my bad.  So I did play Isle of Rebirth up until about Level 9 and then just got immensely frustrated.  I was actually looking forward to going to the sky, but the difficulty turned me off.  Indeed for DFW I meant Lost Isle.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I'll check out Promised Lands, ty!  I actually found one that I THINK I'll like before you posted, called Beyond Hyrule.  Time to give it a whirl.  TY again.

Edited by Swifticuffs, 30 August 2023 - 08:01 PM.

#4 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 04 December 2023 - 02:36 PM

Hey, that's pretty awesome! I'm glad you enjoyed my quests! Sadly, this far removed from game creation, I'd have to relearn the engine all over again and I've moved on to other creative endeavors. But, thanks for the sweet comments and I hope you can try to enjoy Origin - a remake of the first two quests of the original LoZ - but trust me, they're not 1-for-1 in the slightest! It's more than just a fresh coat of paint! :)

#5 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 05 December 2023 - 09:00 AM

You should try out any quest from Moosh or Russ, including their latest collab Stellar Seas. 7th quest by Moosh is also good but you might have to dig for it, same with Depth of Malice by Russ. Have you played any of the Gollab quests? Those are worth a try too.

• Russ likes this

#6 Matthew Bluefox

Matthew Bluefox

Meow

• Members

Posted 05 December 2023 - 12:04 PM

Lost Isle from Wulfie is a pearl, I can always recommend that. Also, Titan's Quest from Chris Miller is really good. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quest, recommend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users