Sprite Requests?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:30 AM

I'm currently taking a few sprite requests if any are needed, just reply in here with your request.
(Try not to swamp me with requets. T_T)

#2 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:51 AM

That's very strange timing seeing how I hardly request anything and was just about to make a thread and there's one right here. icon_smile.gif

Well this one is a bit unusual, but I'm in need of player sprites. But not Link sprites...Spaceship sprites, and 8-bit!

They only need to be two tiles a ship, one normal up facing, and one "rolling" left or right. There really doesn't even have to be that much of a difference between the two. Just so you can sorta tell it's going left or right a little. The ship always faces up though. (In case you're wondering, yes I've scripted Link down to use only 3 combos.) EX:

IPB Image

The second one is the only one I could get to look good going left or right. You can use as many colors as you want, you can rip my pallete and use that also or make a new one. Whatever is easier to do. The more gradients of color the better, otherwise it might look odd since the quest is some serious 8-bit.

Hopefully I can get at least 8 ship sprites, I plan to have a "Select your fighter" screen so the player can pick from many different ships, each with it's own weapons array...*(Also demo coming soon, with or without sprites...hopefully with)* icon_smile.gif

..So to sum up; Top-down, one 8-bit ship sprite with one slight variant to simulate moving left or right.

Whadya think, sound like fun?

Edited by Gleeok, 03 June 2008 - 03:55 AM.

#3 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:50 AM

I'm usually really picky about doing "character sprites", mainly because its hard to work with so many 16x16 sprites and they all have to synchronize with the animation but I'll do this because you will be using them. Plus, you are the helping type and contribute to the community so its only fair I help you. icon_wink.gif
I just don't want to go through a lot of trouble and the person use them for a short period of time and then dump the quest rendering the sprites/tiles useless...

They only need to be two tiles a ship, one normal up facing, and one "rolling" left or right. There really doesn't even have to be that much of a difference between the two.

So, yeah, it sounds like you want an animated barrel roll? ("two tiles a ship", I'll assume you want it animated with two frames?)
Do you need sprites for weapon fireing, missels, lasers, etc?
Just a question, have you looked into other games similar to what you're doing and fully decided to not rip some of those ships? I'm still going to work on this for you, just a legitimate question.

Edited by Zemious, 03 June 2008 - 07:50 AM.

#4 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:17 AM

QUOTE(Zemious @ Jun 3 2008, 05:50 AM) View Post

So, yeah, it sounds like you want an animated barrel roll? ("two tiles a ship", I'll assume you want it animated with two frames?)

Actually it's not needed to animate them, since the combos are not animated.

Do you need sprites for weapon fireing, missels, lasers, etc?
Just a question, have you looked into other games similar to what you're doing and fully decided to not rip some of those ships? I'm still going to work on this for you, just a legitimate question.

Yeah...all the ship sprites I had I had to use for enemies. There is a HUGE shortage of sprites in this project. Believe me though, whatever I have is used to great effect though. I'll need any help I can get.

As for lasers and things like that, it might be benificial to play it first so you know what you're dealing with. At some point though..yeah I could use lasers.

I just don't want to go through a lot of trouble and the person use them for a short period of time and then dump the quest rendering the sprites/tiles useless...

Heh. If I dump the quest now it will forever live in zc infamy. ...well if you're interested, would you like to play it? I'll let you decide first hand if you'd like to help contribute.

#5 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

I'll make a bunch of these guys for you, you can choose the four you like. icon_smile.gif

#6 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:24 AM

I have a request!

Could you make an Epona in OoS/OoA/LA style? That would be awesome! I don't think anyone has done that before!
Make it so that it can stand and run in all 4 directions. I need the up and down facing tiles to be 1 tile wide and 2 tiles high, and the left and right facing tiles 2x2 tiles.

Just remember, if you decide to make them, make them fit in with the style. So, not too much shading or color. I could probably do the color by myself anyways... all I really need is the base. icon_razz.gif

Basically, make it like Joe123's Epona, just made to look OoS style. Like this:

IPB Image

Please? icon_heh.gif

Also, if you wanna, you can make Link riding Epona in OoS style also, but I'm not gonna make you do THAT much... icon_razz.gif

Edited by AgentLym, 03 June 2008 - 11:26 AM.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:00 PM

I'll have a minor request later. I just need to import some tiles into ZC first though.

#8 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

Here Gleeok, here is what I have so far:
IPB Image

I'm not finished with everything yet although.

#9 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:58 PM

Carnival tiles. I started to make some, but those are lost to the debris that is the original Exalted Legion. (Or somebodies tile folder, if by some chance they saved them)

Zc is lacking heavily in that department. Town doodads in general would be awesome.

Also: If you want to help me try to make walls that look like the inside of a cake, that would be awesome.

#10 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:05 AM

I like the second one. The first one would be great for an enemy that constantly rotates. I'll definately use them. But I'm gonna wait for you to be done first.

#11 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:29 PM

Gotcha, I'll continue working on them.
I didn't get to much done last night because I had to finish up some voice acting for my quest.

#12 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

I have a request, if it's not too much trouble. If possible, could you make paladin Cecil from FF4 into some player tiles. (No shields needed, just the poses.)
Thanks if you can help!:D

#13 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 June 2008 - 09:24 PM

I have a request. Could you take these sprites:

IPB Image

And draw slashing sprites, and the sprites for using fire and thunder from brawl? Please and thank you.

#14 Gleeok

Gleeok

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(blaman @ Jun 4 2008, 01:38 PM) View Post

I have a request, if it's not too much trouble. If possible, could you make paladin Cecil from FF4 into some player tiles. (No shields needed, just the poses.)
Thanks if you can help!:D

I have some in here: http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=36160

Colored for DoR. icon_wink.gif

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:49 AM

Would you be able to post it up? My security blocks Media Fire, and I can't really disable it... icon_sweat.gif

EDIT: Never mind. I got it to work... Thanks alot! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by blaman, 05 June 2008 - 07:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users