Photo

What is your favorite Super Smash Bros Game?

Smash Link Game Super Smash Bros Favorite

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

What is your favorite Super Smash Bros game?

Super Smash Bros 64, Super Smash Bros Melee, or Super Smash Bros Brawl? I would like to hear what your favorite Smash Bros game is!  :D

#2 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Super Smash Bros. Melee

I had alot more and better memories with that game than SSB64 or SSBB.

#3 thepsynergist

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Project M, only due to the fact that Melee is my personal favorite, but I like the customization available via Brawl modding.

#4 Orithan

Orithan

Studying Scientist - Commission from Silvixen

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

Brawl. Beats Melee everywhere except in the competitive scene and the horrible tripping mechanic while 64 was outdated and limited.
  • The Satellite likes this

#5 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

1) Melee
2) Smash 64
3) Brawl

Only played project m once

-Strike

#6 Jenny

Jenny

Hero of Time

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

64 > Melee > Brawl is how it goes for me.

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:53 PM

Apart from the tripping, Brawl did everything the best I feel, so far at least. Also its easy-access modding capabilities lead to a ton of fun and potential, and I'm pretty sure someone modded out tripping somewhere, maybe I'll find that patch and fix it up.

Next for me comes 64, then Melee. I can't argue that 64 is a better game than Melee, I'd be crazy, but I enjoy 64 a lot more. Melee just doesn't feel as good anymore next to Brawl, in my opinion, but we'll see how this list changes when Smash 4 comes out.

#8 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

Super Smash Bros Melee was actually my favorite Smash Bros game. (300th post lol)

#9 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

I'd have to say Brawl. Most competitive players seem to prefer Melee, but I'm not that into the competitive side. For me, Brawl had more to offer in every way. More characters, more awesome music, more stages, more polish, more everything.

• MarinaraSauce likes this

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

Brawl > 64 > Melee. I understand the competitive appeal of Melee, but I can't stand its physics at all; you drop like bricks and never feel like you have solid control of the characters. Aside from tripping (I don't think anybody likes it) and the limited competitive usefulness (which I couldn't give a damn about), Brawl's basically perfect. 64's pretty limited, but still a fun game overall.

#11 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 06:02 PM

Melee > 64 >>>>>> Brawl

I can't stand Brawl physics, but also, Brawl has that terrible adventure mode, which is the worst rushed uninspired adventure that I have played in any Nintendo system. Totally unacceptable. The events mode is a joke in comparison with the events from Melee. Melee -> Quality. Brawl -> Quantity

• Shane, Jenny and strike like this

#12 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

Brawl has that terrible adventure mode, which is the worst rushed uninspired adventure that I have played in any Nintendo system. Totally unacceptable.

I don't think we played the same game.  I enjoyed the adventure mode quite a bit, it had cool areas, cool bosses, and an okay story (if you're able to follow it.  The lack of voice acting makes this a little bit difficult to do, so I can understand a complaint about that).  I felt it made the Nintendo universe feel pretty well unified.  Additionally, I agree with Aevin; the only area in which Melee is better than Brawl is the competitive scene, which I personally don't involve myself with.  Smash Bros, in my opinion, was made to be at parties so that a group of friends to have fun, so that's what I do with it.

• The Satellite likes this

#13 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

Adventure mode in Brawl is nothing more than a severely watered down Kirby adventure-like mode. Too long and repetitive, with the same enemies over and over and no variety at all (apart from the graphics and music). Play a inspired Kirby game (Kirby Super Star), and maybe you could understand why I hate that mode totally.

#14 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

My list is probably Brawl > Melee > 64.

I was really big into playing Melee with friends in college. We often had really lengthy and tense matches (we always did stock 3 or stock 5 with no timer). We switched to Brawl when that came out and had fun with it. But one day I got curious and we decided to go back and try out Melee again... and we didn't really like the physics compared to Brawl.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are still some nice fighting game physics and I can definitely understand why people would prefer them. But it was just way too fast and jumps had way too much gravity. I know it could be argued that we just were not used to things after playing Brawl for so long, but Brawl still just felt smoother to play for us. Melee was definitely still fun, but we just seemed to have more fun with Brawl. :shrug:

64 is lowest on the list mostly because my only experiences with it are on an emulator and watching my cousin play it once years ago. I never got to own an N64, so I missed out on a lot of N64 stuff until well after I got a Gamecube. :P

• The Satellite and ZeldaPlayer like this

#15 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 08 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

Melee->64->Brawl

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Smash, Link, Game, Super Smash Bros, Favorite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users