• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#46 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

Well, as Nathaniel said, love is easily the most common topic for songs, and that's what it is. A topic. It isn't a genre. There are love songs written in many different genres, and written in many different ways, so I don't really think it's possible to judge all songs that mention the most potent human emotion as one. For example; a love song can be about an innocent crush, (The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand) or it could be an intense, unhealthy obsession, (The Police - Every Breath You Take). Those songs are nothing alike, other than there being some intense emotion present in both.

Well, I knew it wasn't a genre, that was just for the lack of better words. I'm well aware there are many styles, but in my opinion they still feel samey, dull and generic because of the topic. But I can't deny there are the occasional songs that I can forgive and enjoy. Maybe I'm not that big on love, I can't relate to it much and I just find the subject uninteresting, and there's nothing wrong with that. :)

#47 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:33 PM

Let It Go.

Even this many years later, the song is still everywhere! D:<

I know, right? At this point, people really just need to let it go and move on.
  • Shane, Eddy and David like this

#48 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

I play Let It Go in calls for Eddy's satisfaction*. It has its good uses still! ... Though I'm actually genuinely surprised it's still popular.

* Add "dis" at the start of the word.

Oh, and Darude - Sandstorm. I don't get it.

• Eddy and David like this

#49 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:48 PM

To be fair, it is a legitimately good song. Overplayed, yes, but very well done. You can't fault people for putting it everywhere, I suppose. Couldn't keep in it. Heaven knows they tried. I kind of understand the hate, but at the same time I feel it's a bit unfair. Honestly, I still like hearing the song now and then. I guess I'm not ready to turn away and slam the door on it. I dunno though. The song never bothered me anyway.
  • Shane, Eddy, Tree and 1 other like this

#50 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:51 PM

Can we have Post of the Year 2015 this Superlative? I just think we found our winner.

• Russ, Eddy, Jenny and 1 other like this

#51 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

For me... Any rap song not the DK Rap. I don't know why, but in general I just can't stand rap. It might be the gratuitous swearing in most rap songs that did it to me, but I'm not entirely sure. Don't really like the beat, either.

#52 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:15 AM

For me... Any rap song not the DK Rap. I don't know why, but in general I just can't stand rap. It might be the gratuitous swearing in most rap songs that did it to me, but I'm not entirely sure. Don't really like the beat, either.

objection.jpg?t=1446786644840

Ill throw you one more song you may change your mind after hearing

Edited by Astromeow, 09 November 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#53 Norzan

Norzan

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

Pretty much any Young Thug song.

I'm not a big rap fan but i do enjoy some rap artists. But Young Thug has to be one of the worst rappers ever. He has no flow, you can't even understand what he's saying and when you can actually understand what he's saying, pretty much every single song of his is the stereotypical crap brag rap that we have been hearing to ad nauseam for years now. He can barely do the most basic thing in songs that have lyrics: rhyming.

Edited by Norzan, 27 November 2015 - 09:16 PM.

#54 skateboarder11

skateboarder11

Adept

• Members

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:04 PM

Nothing like a music thread to get me to log back in after some months, eh?

~ Aesop Rock ~

This is definitely some solid stuff.

I'm pretty firmly in the "more recent pop doesn't really do it for me" camp, myself. (kind of unfortunate in a way, since it's what you hear the most about, but it's not like I actively decide to dislike it :P) That said, though, most of it doesn't really annoy me that much rather than just makes me want to jump into my own library.

Picking one specific song, though? Hollaback Girl. I want to curl up into a tiny ball every time I hear this song. :(

If we're looking for newer stuff, I'd say Payphone. I usually don't really mind Maroon 5 much, but this particular song grates.

• nicklegends likes this

#55 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:10 AM

How about any of the Christmas songs on loop in stores now?  Lol.  I imagine working in retail this time of year is annoying as all hell, having to hear Jingle Bells for the 15th time in the day xD.

#56 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 29 November 2015 - 01:55 AM

How about any of the Christmas songs on loop in stores now?  Lol.  I imagine working in retail this time of year is annoying as all hell, having to hear Jingle Bells for the 15th time in the day xD.

Agreed. My mother was beginning to feel jimmy rustled because we unfortunately lost our family friend at 89 years old, almost this time exactly 2 years ago. The music eventually gave her the sad memories.

we left walmart and went backlate- tonight after I got off work. Surprisingly, no annoyances.

Lots o' crack heads at Walmart this time of night....

#57 dcsyxx

dcsyxx

ガノン株式会社社長

• Members

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:57 AM

For me it's the biggest crap song from the biggest crap band ever.

Or if you want just plain annoying, here is something I was exposed to growing up in Canada. You may think it's cute at first, but after a few times it really gets on your nerves.

#58 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:25 AM

I agree on hampsterdance. That was garbage

I strongly disagree on Journey. It's a great song for me.

• Bill Nye the Russian Spy likes this

#59 Item

Item

Senior

• Banned

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:36 AM

Songs in the radio that they keep playing over and over from 2003-2014. THEY ALL PLAY IY ALL THE TIME. EVEN IN PROMS. ITS TERRIBLE MUSIC.

#60 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

Rachel Platten's fight song, and anything ever by Taylor Swift. I generally dislike pop music any way, but these two poptarts take being annoying and relatively talentless but somehow still hugely successful to another level. Also pretty much any song on Sunny 95. Even artists I like have some songs I could go without ever hearing again.
  • Matthew and Naru like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users