Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum MIDIs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

This is my first post here in a while, but I thought I'd share this. Lately I've been having some fun poking around in the code of various Pokemon games to get a feel for how RPGs tend to be programmed. While I was playing with Platinum specifically, I made an interesting discovery; it seems that the MIDI format used by the developers of the game is almost identical to those used by most modern computers (I checked, and this isn't true of all DS games). Of course, this makes ripping the soundtrack and converting the whole thing to MIDI incredibly easy with the tools I've been using, and would widen the pool of DPPt songs available to use in quests.

So I did exactly that. I've got the full soundtrack here: https://www.dropbox....f/DPPt.zip?dl=0

IMPORTANT NOTES:

1) Many of the songs are labeled, but there are some that I can't put a name to since I'm not familiar with them and the filenames aren't helpful enough. These songs have their default filenames, all of which begin with "SEQ". If you know the name of an unlabeled song/when it plays, let me know and I'll try to fix it.

2) I've included many of the fanfares in the game, but fanfares that are too brief (3-4 notes) have been omitted.

3) As I said, the MIDIs used in the DS Pokemon games only differ slightly from the modern MIDI format, so all instruments are what the developers coded them to be. However, some songs in the game use a custom percussion track with unique instruments, and I'm not really familiar enough with composing and all that to really know how to fix it. If you're wondering why a track seems to have wonky sound effects that were never in the original, this is probably why.

If you have any questions, let me know. I think I might also do this with Emerald and HeartGold in the near future.

• Anthus, Avaro, Jared and 1 other like this

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

I was looking for these about a month ago (specifically Stark Mountain, which I couldn't find anywhere). Don't need them anymore for now (since I found replacements for what I was going to use), but this'll be useful when I next need it.

• MarinaraSauce likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users