Contest 24 hour quest styles contest

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#46 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:15 PM

Can some text be submitted with the quest? A short description or something.

-Strike

Yep, its optional. The only requirement is a quest name.

Also good luck everyone! :D

#47 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:45 AM

I could join ya :)

EDIT:

Two questions: So, if I'm busy for a bit (which I am), could I start development in a few days? I could set up my own 24-hour countdown and work from that.

Is it that you have 24-hours in ZC (So if you exit ZC, the timer pauses) or that you have 24-hours no matter what (So if you exit ZC, the timer carries on)?

Edited by Joelmacool, 25 March 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#48 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:04 AM

I could join ya :)

EDIT:

Two questions: So, if I'm busy for a bit (which I am), could I start development in a few days? I could set up my own 24-hour countdown and work from that.

Is it that you have 24-hours in ZC (So if you exit ZC, the timer pauses) or that you have 24-hours no matter what (So if you exit ZC, the timer carries on)?

Well sorry Joelmacool, but for this contest the latest I am allowing is for you to submit by monday. And its a continuous 24 hours, sorry to anyone who may have thought it was segmented. I am seriously considering hosting another at some point with a timer based 24 hours. And you log your hours but can do them at anytime. But for now its a 24 hour segment where you will need to manage your life in-toe with your quest. Ive already messed up like 6 hours due to being busy. And I have to get good sleep tonight so there goes 10 hours. :D

#49 Joelmacool

Joelmacool

Addicted to Overwatch

• Moderators

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

I don't think I'll be able to finish the quest then. I might finish it in the future as I had good ideas for the quest. So, in the future expect a joke quest to be released! :)

#50 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:00 PM

Then I am out. I also did understand it were 24h we can segment freely over the weekend and I did start on time for around 1h and planned to work further tomorrow (2 min until 24h are full ;) )

#51 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

Updated the list on Gouanaco's behalf.

Anyways, I decided to map out everything on paper, but only got 1/3, maybe even 1/4 of it mapped out on paper since I'm slow and not that great at planning. I just do, but that consumes a lot of time. I'm feeling more confident though, but I still have things like music and whatnot to figure out. We'll see how this goes for me I guess. I will start development tomorrow for sure so I will continue to map stuff on paper and perhaps think of music during the process.

#52 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

I really wonder how you all manage to plan on paper. I get it is useful, but for me it always results in such a mess that just starting directly with ZC is as good.

#53 strike

strike

life is fragile, temporary, and precious

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:08 PM

Nara- Planning on paper is very useful, for any quest. It is about seeing something very clearly in your head. Paper helps with that. I think most good quest makers start with some paper for at least part of their quest.

-Strike

#54 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Damn, I didn't see this until today! I would've loved to join.

• Avaro and Gouanaco like this

#55 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:47 PM

Starting mine at 7pm. I'm off tomorrow so I got a full 24 hours (as Tatl would say) even if I don't sleep. :)
  • Jared and Deedee like this

#56 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:08 PM

Starting mine at 7pm. I'm off tomorrow so I got a full 24 hours (as Tatl would say) even if I don't sleep. :)

Wait, wait, wait... Can I do this too? I'd really like to participate! I could get it in to you (Gouanaco) by tomorrow evening!

• Gouanaco and Naru like this

#57 Naru

Naru

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

I have horrible drawing skills. Even if I try drawing simple things with utmost care it ends up as a mess that looks worth than most peoples subsidiary scribbles. I could manage to draw rough sketches without the screen limitation of ZC, but if I add up borders or devisions I always end up with something so slurred that I can barely read it afterwards ;)

I actually planned three mini-dungeons and a OW/story depending on the time left. I had ideas for two of them when starting, but the gimmick for the first needed some tiles I couldn't handle to create for Koten. And as the genius I am I didn't write down the idea for the second :P I only had used up 4h and think I should have been able to make at least one OK-mini-dungeon, but without segmentation my 24h did run out and I thought it wouldnt be fair to ignore the rules only because i did misunderstand them.

#58 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 25 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Ok now I'm pretty confused myself about when you are allowed to enter and when the contest can start for you.

I'm guessing you can choose to start either on friday, saturday or sunday at 6 pm and then make the quest until 6 pm the next day. (all based ony our own timezone)

Edited by Avataro, 25 March 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#59 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 25 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

Actually, if we're allowed to start Sunday, I might do that. I still need to get a few bosses scripted and a little bit more planning to do.

Edited by Dimentio, 25 March 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#60 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

I doubt starting Sunday is allowed. He said all entries are due by Monday, but he's in Australia, so Monday for him is Sunday for the Americas.

Anyways, work got off a little late but I'm about to start mine up, going from 7 to 7. I didn't get much sleep last night so I'm feeling kinda tired and it probably won't be very good, but we'll see what happens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contest, 24, hour, quest, styles, contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users