Photo

Screenshot of the Month 14

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Which pic? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Which pic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 01:59 PM

Nick - SotW 53
user posted image
A test shot of some new elements in the AoA tileset.

Teilyr - SotW 54
user posted image
Tristan falls victim to the Octorok's pincer attack.

Mr. Z - SotW 55
user posted image
"Part of the new opening story of Tgottd"

codelinker8705 - SotW 56
user posted image

#2 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:35 PM

Null vote since I'm in this one.

Nick: YOU ARE THE SUCK! icon_lol.gif

Teilyr: This is first place for me. The mountains are looking good as usual and I think the intended feel of the area has been set with the clouds and such.

Mr. Z: I realise why this has to be symetrical screen (it is a castle after all), but it still doesn't look very interesting due to that. The cutscene and warp are pretty nice, though. icon_wink.gif

codelinker8705: I was too busy with finals to actually vote in the SoTW this came from, but it looks like an interesting shot. However, it seems to me that this came from ZQuest, as there is no real action happening on the screen (not even a main character). Unlike others, I usually factor action into my votes, also. icon_razz.gif

#3 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:40 PM

Ooooh, SOTM this week. Let's see here.

Nick: I like the setup of this screen with the pretty water and stuff. Good job.

Teilyr: Good shot. I like the tiles and setup, (I know where the setup of this shot came from.) *votes*

Mr. Z: Good work Mr. Z. I can wait to get testing on this again when you have it ready.

codelinker8705: Nice shot. Good boss. I am with Nick on this. I like to see action in shots also.

#4 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 02:56 PM

Nick: I like the shot. icon_smile.gif .. The pointy-hatted one looks rather sunburned though, doesn't he? icon_razz.gif icon_lol.gif The grass is great, the mountains, trees, water, ... it's all great. .. And for an inside joke, the octoroks are "lush."

Teilyr: Well, it's still a good shot. I like the "grand height" feel of the shot, as well as the clouds. I'm not sure if they should have been animated, or transparent or not, .. but they take up most of the shot. It's a good shot though, I'm sure.

Mr. Z: That portal is still looking amazing. If you can play your cards right, you can use it for some seriously cool effects. icon_wink.gif *VOTES*

Codelinker8705: Prince made an awesome boss. I hope you use it well. icon_smile.gif I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. icon_naughty.gif

#5 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:14 PM

Teilyr get's my vote.

#6 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 05:09 PM

Nick Prince's mountain tiles converted well, and I like how the thick grass fits in with everything.
Teilyr This shot is very well made. The palette and the clouds really seems to set a mood, most quests don't have that.
Mr. Z This is a bland shot, probably because iit isn't supposed to be really intertaining. icon_shrug.gif
Codelinker Nice tile, but the screen set up is pretty bad. :/
I vote for Tei.

Edited by LinktheMaster, 01 June 2004 - 05:11 PM.

#7 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:02 PM

Nick: Well, I do like the trees and octorok rocks, and the layout seems fairly decent but, I know you can do better! icon_thumbsup.gif

Teilyr: I like the colors, and the octorok graphics! I still think this shot is amazing, and (yeah I know where this layout came from as well) it's too bad Tei isn't here to see it. (or is he?) icon_wacky.gif

Mr.Z: I liked the warp, the king and the Hyrulian symbol bird triforce thingies on the walls. You could do better... icon_razz.gif

Code: I liked the boss, and the vines on the walls, but come on you could have tried to either a)make the grass brownish to blend or b) make it have some floor blending to grass, to make it look better.. icon_wink.gif

I've managed to use a smiley for everyone's description. :-D

Tei deserves this one.

#8 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(Darklink813 @ Jun 1 2004, 07:02 PM)
Nick: ... but, I know you can do better!  icon_thumbsup.gif

Uh... no I can't. icon_odd.gif

#9 a guy and his game

a guy and his game

Wizard

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 08:50 PM

Hmm... Can't decide...
Null vote
None of them especially appeal to me. They all look a little plain.

#10 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

I personally like Teilyr's pic. I love those tiles. Anyway, I null voted. I didn't see so much complaints about my pic. Now, I start to see them. I guess it's because it's a big chance, and I blew it. I guess I could have put some action into it. What more do you want? I put little enemies coming up from the ground. That's ok though, mine will be great next time. Thanks for the votes! icon_razz.gif

#11 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:16 PM

I voted for Tei's. that pallete still gets me icon_biggrin.gif

#12 Fox

Fox

Will the Hero rise again?

• Members

Posted 02 June 2004 - 12:51 AM

I also voted for Teilyr's shot. Good mix of design, tiles, and colors. Plus, I love all the different octorok colors. ^_^

#13 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:47 PM

Teilyr wins.

#14 Teilyr

Teilyr

• Members

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Darklink813 @ Jun 1 2004, 08:02 PM)
it's too bad Tei isn't here to see it. (or is he?)  icon_wacky.gif

I'm always around somewhere. icon_wink.gif

#15 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 13 June 2004 - 01:57 PM

Though the vote is over...I'm still comenting on these screenies:
Nick: Just some trees, octorocks, and grass. It looks but, its far from the best.

Teilyr: Same as above, but with a bit more detail. Still a ways from the best, but still a great job.

Mr. Z: Ah...The portal...Me likes!

codeLinker8705: Just like last time...codelinker8705 gets my vote. Action or no action...This custom boss looks awsome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users