Photo

Screenshot of the Week 54 Finals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 54 Finals (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Screenshot of the Week 54 Finals

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:31 AM

Well, there's a conflict within everything, Rexla. First of all, the gravedigging rule doesn't quite apply to pinned threads. Also, there are a few reasons why the thread should, and shouldn't, be closed. Here's a rundown.

GOOD - Reasons to leave the thread open.
1) People can comment and congratulate people.
2) People can still vote in the thread if they weren't hear for a while.

BAD: - Reasons to close the thread upon having a victor chosen.
1) The Thread has served its purpose, and more than enough votes have been accumulated.
2) Enough "Congratulations" are crossing the brink to become spam. Face it. It's been established, and you gain an extra post count, much like unfelt happy birthday's. (Not to sound like a guy with a heart of stone or anything. icon_redface.gif )

So it's a fairly interesting point, eh? To close the thread, or to leave it open.

#17 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:01 PM

BTW, I need shots for 55. Come one people, send them in. I know you have them. Don't make me come get them.

#18 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 01:17 PM

QUOTE(BH4 @ Apr 29 2004, 12:31 PM)
Well, there's a conflict within everything, Rexla.  First of all, the gravedigging rule doesn't quite apply to pinned threads.  Also, there are a few reasons why the thread should, and shouldn't, be closed.  Here's a rundown.

GOOD - Reasons to leave the thread open.
1)  People can comment and congratulate people.
2)  People can still vote in the thread if they weren't hear for a while.

BAD: - Reasons to close the thread upon having a victor chosen.
1)  The Thread has served its purpose, and more than enough votes have been accumulated.
2)  Enough "Congratulations" are crossing the brink to become spam.  Face it.  It's been established, and you gain an extra post count, much like unfelt happy birthday's.  (Not to sound like a guy with a heart of stone or anything. icon_redface.gif )

So it's a fairly interesting point, eh?  To close the thread, or to leave it open.

..... icon_blink.gif .....

Okay, that's another reason why not to close the thread. .. And Praeth, all my efforts this weekend will be in drawing tiles for Nick. icon_smile.gif So count me out. Sorry. But I'll see what other people have, I suppose. (Contacting, etc. icon_shrug.gif )

#19 rexlaninetales

rexlaninetales

9 tailed kitsune

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:41 PM

Are we allowed to use screen shots that we've uploaded into the tile/quest/etc. sections? If not, then I'll have to create a yahoo group and upload screenshots there. Is this acceptable?

#20 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:28 PM

You are allowed to use any screenshot. I upload them to PureZC so that the only way they won't work is if the site goes down. You just have to pm/email/post the pic for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users