Photo

Screenshot of the Week 93

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (52 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#16 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:05 PM

I'm with Z on this one.

#17 lasersquirrel

lasersquirrel

Sparkly Glimpse of Hope

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:09 PM

I really like Jonathan's custom tiles, but I didn't think much of the weird shading. icon_eyebrow.gif So, I think I voted for Mr. Z... but I can't remember for sure.

#18 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:18 PM

Jonathan:

Unfortunately, I think you hit the nail right on the head with your screenshot description. :\ Those are great tiles, but I can't vote for it if it doesn't have good screen design. Also, shots in ZQuest generally don't look as good because they are removed from the gameplay.

Mr. Z:

You've always been great with Pure. icon_smile.gif This is a great-looking screen, and those additions you made to the regular graphics have a good effect.

Someone said the light beams don't quite look right... as I considered using them once, I think I know why: the tree canopy would have to be about 8 tile-widths above the ground to cast those kinds of shadows, which is way far above the little trees on the screen. It looks much better than I thought it would, though, had I tried. Good job. icon_thumbsup.gif

PX8:

Hmm... Yes, those are very well-done custom walls. I think the reason they don't feel new is because they're very simple. Well-done, but simple. The screen design is very similar to NES Zelda, what with the square floor tiles... And yeah, I'd realign the door at the bottom. It's a nitpick thing, but it is noticable.

My vote goes to Mr. Z. icon_thumbsup.gif It was hard to choose since everybody did some good stuff, but Mr. Z's seems to be best all-around.

#19 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 07:52 PM

Vote goes to Z.
Jonathan's screenie looks too dark, PX8 just doesn't charm me that much...
(remind me to get a pic in for the next SotW, beacuse you'll won't be sorry.)

#20 Aaron

Aaron

AKA partymetroid

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:38 PM

I voted for PolygonX8's because of the great backround and the spectacular custom boss icon_smile.gif.

#21 fatdude

fatdude

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:43 PM

Jonathan the use of shading is just so dumb I hate it....
Z The column of lights and temple make it look aesome!

#22 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Linkus Mastii @ Jul 5 2005, 04:52 PM)
Vote goes to Z.
Jonathan's screenie looks too dark, PX8 just doesn't charm me that much...
(remind me to get a pic in for the next SotW, beacuse you'll won't be sorry.)

Hey, LM! Get a screenshot ready to enter into SOTW!! icon_wink.gif

Okay, so that's not a very helpful reminder..... but I really do want to see you enter. You've shown some pretty nice stuff so far. icon_smile.gif

#23 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:41 PM

My vote goes to Mr. Z. icon_thumbsup.gif Very nice shot.

#24 Alex Trenton

Alex Trenton

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:39 AM

For me.
It gose for Jonathan's screenshot.

Mr. Z: Sorry, the temble thing is pretty cool, but i love all the detail in Jonathan's. Also, alot of those graphics you are useing have been done to death and back. No to be a jerk, i have just seen those graphics so much in quests already.

PolygonX8: And yeah, you need to put alot of detail in yours.

#25 Jonathan

Jonathan

Wizard

• Members

Posted 07 July 2005 - 02:55 AM

Also, alot of those graphics you are useing have been done to death and back.

Alex Trenton your speakin my language

and for people that are having trouble telling just whats what in my shot just save the picture somewhere and zoom in with some program you look at pictures with

#26 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:43 AM

I voted for Mr. Z this week. His screen was the best overall and I really focus on layout and screen design. However, Jonathan's tiles are getting better and better. If his screen design goes up a notch, he will unstoppable. icon_razz.gif

#27 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:31 AM

Off-center, door, yeah. All n/s doors are like that in the quest. I did it like this to avoid complication of locked doors as I do NOT use dungeon doors. I use trigger flags for shutters, and lock and boss lock blocks for doors.

So, unfortunately... I'd just like to forewarn everybody about something. When I release the full quest in the future, don't go lowering my quest rating just because of off-center doors. That's just a stupid reason to rate a quest lower than what it deserves. I mean, it's just a door, and it doesn't have glitches spewing out of the tiles.

All in all, in terms of screen design, this is the worst shot I've ever sent in (not counting the LTTD3 joke shot).

Oh well. My shot for this coming week has detail, but it's not so colorful.

#28 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:49 AM

I have seen you guys nit picking on trees because there where in a straight line and in the normal world they don't grow that way.
Now some of you are nit picking on a door thats not in the centre of a wall, in my house there is only one door in the centre of the wall and that is the toiletdoor seen from
the toilet icon_lol.gif
So Polygonx8 I won't give you a bad rate because your door isn't on the center of the wall it only makes it more natural icon_razz.gif icon_wink.gif

My vote went to Mr.Z

Edited by elise, 09 July 2005 - 07:51 AM.

#29 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:17 PM

Mr. Z wins SotW 93. Congratulations!

SotW 94 will start tomorrow.

icon_king.gif PrinceMSC icon_king.gif

#30 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 July 2005 - 12:31 PM

'ey Prince, I reuploaded my shot for tomorrow, so if you already saved it, might want to recheck the link. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users