Missing Quest Rules/Options in 2.55

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aquamentus (Facing Right)

Aquamentus (Facing Right)

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 August 2022 - 04:26 PM

I've migrated my quest project from 2.50.2 to 2.55 Alpha 108 and have been working on it for a while now. Back in the previous version, I had been play-testing with the quest rules "Quick sword" and "Flip right-facing slash" enabled (both found in the Items tab). I went to disable them in 2.55... and those two seem to be missing. I've gone through all of the Options tabs several times, as well as checked the Player sprites menu.

Is there a way to change those settings somewhere else now? Are there other rules/options/features that are "missing" in 2.55?

My theoretical solution is to open my current quest project in 2.50 again, change the rules, and pick up from 2.55. Or possibly exporting all my new work and importing after the setting change.

Thank you in advance for your help.

PS

Hello, ZC community. It's been a while.

Ah, and another thing: In 2.50, the "Zelda 3" player animation option only added frames for Link's walking. Now there seems to be additional frames for every action. Is there a way to change this back? The ability to have more animation to sword swings and stuff is great, but I personally just want to use it for walking... It's a simple matter of duplicating and reorganizing tiles for me, but then the tiles for each set of Link sprites will require more than one page each. Not a huge issue, but... just curious.

Edited by Aquamentus (Facing Right), 17 August 2022 - 11:24 PM.

#2 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2022 - 05:32 PM

The options you've mentioned are part of the item editor for the sword, now.

• Aquamentus (Facing Right) likes this

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2022 - 06:42 PM

Can I just say, truly the most based of decisions not just for adding more item possibilities but also for mildly inconveniencing anybody who uses flipped slash.  :bounce:

• Aquamentus (Facing Right) likes this

#4 Emily

Emily

Scripter / Dev

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2022 - 06:43 PM

Can I just say, truly the most based of decisions not just for adding more item possibilities but also for mildly inconveniencing anybody who uses flipped slash.  :bounce:

See, for MM2D, I had flipped slash togglable by the player in an options menu. Truly the best option.

• Moosh likes this

#5 Aquamentus (Facing Right)

Aquamentus (Facing Right)

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 17 August 2022 - 11:22 PM

Oh, so it's a "per-sword" flag? That's actually pretty awesome. I can see that allowing a designer to give some play-style variety to the Link's equipment.

Problem solved. Thanks, guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users