Legend of Zelda: Beyond Hyrule Help and Bug Thread

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#46 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:26 AM

I'm now redesigning the cave so it stands out more.

Hmm... no clue what caused that first issue.

The bottom right artifact is a hook, found in level 4.

To the right of the ladder is a magic key, found in level 9. 

I'm submitting an update soon that hopefully addresses a LOT of these issues.

Here is a thought. I was standing on the left side of the room facing the trigger and the beam reflected through the arrow,  Could have done something, I don't know

It is a game stopper for me.

#47 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

Here is a thought. I was standing on the left side of the room facing the trigger and the beam reflected through the arrow,  Could have done something, I don't know

It is a game stopper for me.

Hmm... I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what could have caused this. If you really want to continue, the quest is unpassworded, so go ahead and delete the barrier if you want. I'm not sure what caused this and I don't think anyone else has encountered this bug, so it may be something up with the engine itself.

#48 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:42 PM

Hmm... I'm sorry, but I really have no idea what could have caused this. If you really want to continue, the quest is unpassworded, so go ahead and delete the barrier if you want. I'm not sure what caused this and I don't think anyone else has encountered this bug, so it may be something up with the engine itself.

Soooo, well, is my face red. You have to kill everybody as well as activate, duh then the arrow appears. It fooled me because it was there when I entered the room then disappeared. Sorry for the bother.

• Matthew likes this

#49 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 07 May 2016 - 02:45 PM

Soooo, well, is my face red. You have to kill everybody as well as activate, duh then the arrow appears. It fooled me because it was there when I entered the room then disappeared. Sorry for the bother.

It's fine. I was wondering about why that was!

#50 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 03:08 PM

It's fine. I was wondering about why that was!

I had bumped into one of the graves and had a ghost flying around. So even though there were not actually any enemies the arrow would not appear. I had to reenter ( I found out much later of course hehe)

• Matthew likes this

#51 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

Finished and rated. I like the fact that I can still go out into the overworld after the game is done to find those 2 things I missed (and was to lazy to go get) perhaps you should make them mandatory as in you have to use them to carry on. Thanks for the fun! Hope to see more and even better games from you!

Edited by Mister Snooze, 07 May 2016 - 09:44 PM.

• Matthew likes this

#52 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:49 PM

Okay, I may need some help here.

No sure how to get the spoiler box to works so be warned.  there is possible spoilers in the answer and the question...

I am trying to find the man with the hungry dog to start off the trade sequence.  where is he?  I can not find him anywhere?

I know I have seen him, but where.

and Where are the artfacts?  Ive only been able to find 2.  and one chest that empties into nothing.

#53 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:51 PM

No sure how to get the spoiler box to works so be warned.  there is possible spoilers in the answer and the question...

I am trying to find the man with the hungry dog to start off the trade sequence.  where is he?  I can not find him anywhere?

and Where are the artfacts?  Ive only been able to find 2.  and one chest that empties into nothing.

The beef for the dog is in the fairy village, northwest corner of the map.

One artifact is in level 2, one in level 3, one in level 4 (glitched), one in level 6, top of the map.

#54 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

Finally got around to playing this, and wow, it looks really promising, and solid for a first quest .Better than my attempt when I was 15 :P

Will go more in depth after playing it, a bit.

• Matthew likes this

#55 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

Finally got around to playing this, and wow, it looks really promising, and solid for a first quest .Better than my attempt when I was 15 :P

Will go more in depth after playing it, a bit.

*Second quest! Anyways, I hope you like it. I've made a lot of improvements and fixes, so the current rating may not be too accurate right now.

Edited by FlameCursed, 09 May 2016 - 03:15 PM.

#56 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:50 PM

One suggestion I have is to make the text at the beginning of dungeons not black. I forget how you do this though, but there is a way :P The GB set always uses black by default, for some reason.

• Matthew likes this

#57 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:54 PM

I've thought about doing that, but I can see no way that wouldn't require me to also change the color of the NPC strings. I might have to use a script or something.

#58 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:22 PM

I just beat the second dungeon, and I'm on my way to Level 3 which I already found before Level 2. Loving this so far, it feels pretty polished. One other small thing I noticed was that the A, and B buttons on the subscreen seem to be switched. In ZC, and on the NES, the buttons are B, then A. They are A, then B here, which is kind of backwards, but this is not a big deal lol.

• Matthew likes this

#59 phatjak69

phatjak69

Junior

• Members

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

Have the Lynel steak, can't find who to give it to; there's someone in town who says they're searching for it, but doesn't seem to do anything when I use it

Edited by phatjak69, 09 May 2016 - 06:41 PM.

#60 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 09 May 2016 - 06:41 PM

I believe it was one screen south-west of dungeon 8. Not sure on the exact position, but thereabouts.

• Matthew likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users