Photo

What's your favorite meat?

food meat favorite

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Poll: What are your favorite meats to eat?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What are your favorite meats to eat?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:48 PM

I got curious as to what is your favorite kind of meat to eat? I really like ham and turky.

If anyone's vegetarian and sees this, you could choose to null, if you want.

Edited by Nexas, 16 August 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#2 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

I actually have multiple options. I like chicken and ham/bacon. Also I actually ate a kangaroo and a lizard once, tasted terrible. Also don't like fish, unless smoked.

I voted lizard cause it's my least favorite. I don't have much of a favorite and nowadays I'm almost vegetarian, I'm treading that path.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:57 PM

I have poultry the most often out of those, but I generally like fish the most.  Fish often can be expensive, but it's a treat.  Not those common every day fish sticks, though.  Once in a while I will cook some tilapia.  It's a fairly mild fish, but you can spice it up with a lot of different things.  I still enjoy beef too, especially a steak, but I probably wouldn't enjoy it if I had it too often.  I have a steak maybe once a month on average.

• Astromeow likes this

#4 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:01 PM

I'm a vegetarian for 2 1/2 years and counting

but if I ate meat again it would indeed be fish. Fish sticks are delicious, trout alone was pleasant and healthy too.

But I would avoid shrimp or lobster or crab like food. In fact if I ever eat meat again it's only going to be fish, preferably, fish I catch from water source

• Sheik likes this

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:13 PM

Bacon not on list, reporting to internet police.

"but TS pork is there"

BACON IS ITS OWN CLASS

Well if we have to pick an overall option, beef. Beef is lovely. With pork, I only like ham and bacon, but not its other forms. Admittedly there are some forms of beef I don't like but its forms I do like are overall better than ham. Not bacon though, bacon is perfection.

• nicklegends and Logos like this

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:52 PM

Fish, by far. I could easily forgo beef, pork, and poultry, but I could never live without seafood. And not just fish, but shellfish, crustaceans... really any kind of edible animal that comes from the ocean. It's infinitely better than any land meat in my opinion. I could probably become a pescetarian if I so desired, and I've considered it in the past (I do have some ethical qualms about eating intelligent animals like pigs), but ultimately in today's society, it's incredibly inconvenient.

I know it's not in this poll but seeing as it's often listed as a "meat" in restaurants that serve it, I wanna mention tofu, which is fantastic despite all the jokes thrown in its direction. Easily the second place meat in my book.
  • Logos likes this

#7 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:57 PM

I chose seafood, but specifically crab. I love crab. but it can be a bit expensive. Shrimp in cocktail sauce are also quite delicious.

Darn it, now you've got me thinking about food and I've only just started my diet!  :sorry:

Edited by Logos, 02 August 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#8 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Steak, beef, ham, turkey and especially chicken. I also really like roast beef as well. There aren't many meats I don't like. As for fish and stuff, I'm okay with it, but the only stuff I really like are stuffed shells and shrimp. Everything else is just meh to me.

#9 Kivitoe

Kivitoe

Sponsored by Taco Bell

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:06 PM

I voted pork.

#10 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:08 PM

I have a specific weakness for chicken sandwiches. It doesn't matter if it's fried chicken or grilled, except that grilled chicken has a tendency to slide out of the sandwich easier. I don't know why, but all it takes to make any piece of chicken absolutely perfect is two pieces of bread and a tiny bit of mayo.

My absolute favorite would have to be a chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, onion, either ketchup-thick buffalo sauce (added separately from the mayo, minimize the amount of mayo if using this) or some Sriracha mixed into the mayo, melted cheese (either cheddar or Swiss), and a handful of sliced jalapeno peppers. If you don't mind the added calories (Up until this part, we had a fairly healthy meal, but this absolutely perfects it!), put some butter on the bread first, and grill it lightly on one side. Put the sandwich together with the grilled side inwards, so you get a nice buttery crisp alongside the soft outer texture. Also, having the non-toasted side outwards keeps your hands from getting oily when you hold the sandwich.

I'd never put bacon on it, though. I call it the "Bacon Paradox". Putting bacon on food makes it taste better, but never as good as the bacon by itself. For that reason, I'd rather eat the bacon separately.

Edited by kurt91, 02 August 2015 - 08:13 PM.

• Logos likes this

#11 Tabletpillow

Tabletpillow

Hi

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

I like spam, so pork I guess...

#12 CyberGamer1539

CyberGamer1539

Lord of Cyberspace

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:45 PM

Chicken!!!!!!

#13 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:05 PM

My fav meat is Chicken without question.  :3

#14 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

Why is there not an 'everything' option.

Off of this list, Beef and Fish are definitely my favorites. I'll eat a good Porterhouse steak over just about anything else. I am, however, disappointed that there are no wild options. Venison, Bear, Rabbit, Quail, Elk, Partridge, and hell, even squirrel are quite delightful. Although I love pretty much any meat, I'm partial to something that was wild, lived a good life, and was killed as humanely as possible. A good pot of venison chili is immeasurably delicious. 

• Nathaniel and Jared like this

#15 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:56 PM

I like beef, especially compared to chicken. There's something really savory about it, even if it can be a little chewy from time to time. Other meets are good in the right contexts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, meat, favorite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users